Santa is Rejected by Bestfriend

Deer x Fish

Something is really wrong here. He thought, running two steps at a time. Donghae has to leave the party. There was something really wrong with her.

 

***

Yoona sat on her rocking plastic chair while fixing her eyes on her well-lighted tiny Christmas tree. she have taken off her night gown, changing into her usual casual undershirt and dark woolen shorts. A red scarf kept her neck warm from the raging snow outside.

Nevertheless, her mind was wandering, thinking about what she had just done.

**

 

“Really? Are you sure about that?” asked Yuri, ever skeptical with what Yoona said a while ago.

“Yeah.” She replied with a smile on her pretty features. “Donghae is waiting for you on the party. He said he wont leave until he sees you. He’s even prepared to sleep at the school.”

Yuri nodded, unsure of what her response will be.

***

I’m sorry Yuri, thought Yoona. But it’s not like that you don’t like him. We’re bestfriends that’s why you avoided him.

It’s because you don’t want to hurt me.

Yoona hugged her knees and put her jaw over it.

There was no other choice.

“Santa isn’t here yet.” She muttered, trying to distract herself with her treacherous thoughts.

As I thought it does not work if I am good only at Christmas.

Actually there’s no Santa.

That’s why I’ll be alone this year.

I’ll be alone next year. And I’ll be alone forever.

I’ll never have someone to rely on.

Yoona clenched her teeth.

And I’ll be alone.

She closed her eyes as it felt already heavy and slept.

 

^^

“Bang! Knock! Knock!”

Yoona was immediately alerted by the noise. She looked around her room and realized that the sound was coming from inside her bedroom.

Her bedroom which was just across Donghae’s house.

She frowned, thinking it might be a robber or a burglar. She quickly took her kendo sword, walking cautiously towards the closed window.

Who might it be?

It must be a robber, she decided. One hit on the offender’s head and he will be sleeping like a baby.

Her fingers finally curled on the windows lock. She was tempted to quickly hit the robber before even seeing it but she decided against it. Better to see him than do any mistake.

She finally opened the window and saw Santa, hanging on the banisters.

***

Yoona shrieked upon seeing the burglar. She wasn’t expecting that. After all, who ever expects of a fat guy wearing red suit and hat breaking into one’s house.

She quickly opened the window and was surprised to see him.

It was Santa.

He was not really the Santa everyone visualizes. The Santa before her was not a bearded man who laughs genuinely and annoyingly. Instead the man before her was a pedobear.

Yeah, a pedobear.

A pedobear wearing a Santa Suit. She swiftly helped him to climb up her room. He was taller than her, maybe as tall as the mascots in a children’s party.

“Santa?” she asked. “Are you really Santa?”

The mascot nodded awkwardly, crouching before her.

Yoona lauged happily. “What is this?” but nevertheless, she stood, taking his hand. “Come here.” She took Santa to the living room, showing him her Christmas tree.

“Look Santa. That’s my Christmas tree.”

It was a little Christmas tree, barely taller than a liter bottle but then it was beautiful.

Santa gave her a thumbs up.

“I knew you’d approve!” she exclaimed. “Yay!” and she began dancing, jiggling merrily. “Santa praised my Christmas tree! Amazing! Amazing!”

For Yoona perhaps, it is the best day of her life.

This is a dream come true.

She hugged Santa, embracing him with her thin arms. Santa returned the hug and at the action, turning around. It was like riding a Ferris wheel and she loved it.

They continued the wheeling around until both got dizzy. Both crashed on the floor, panting heavily.

Yoona landed over Santa and for a second a smile wavered on her pretty face. “Thank you..” she muttered. She knelt, still over him and took off the mask. “Thank you Donghae.”

Donghae looked at her in awe. “Don’t take it off you idiot!” he protested, trying to reach for his mask but Yoona raised it higher. “Give it back!”

Yoona leaned close to him. “So tell me where did you get this?”

He rolled his eyes and sighed. “From a person on the mall. I traded my suit for this.”

Yoona glared at him. “Your suit? You gave it for this?”

“Don’t worry.” He said. “I’m going to return this and take it back.”

Yoona sighed. “You took it off when it was just about to begin. You’re honestly stupid! Stupid! Even though I planned everything for you. Even though you had a chance seeing her.”

“Stupid?”

“Didn’t I tell you to believe on me? Yuri is on her way to the party.” She said. “She’s probably in there already. Come on you can still make it.”

“But-“ he objected. “I’ve already changed my clothes. And I don’t want to leave you by yourself.”

Yoona flinched but she didn’t let him notice it.

“What are you talking about? I’m fine! A fake Santa! And you’re faking is good. It was fun.” She said, hiding the tremor from her voice.

She gave the mask to him. “Also, if you and Yuri made progress tonight, I’m going to treat you all in a dinner. Beef, rice. Chicken, rice!”

“Hey you’re allergic to chicken!”

“Okay beef and fish only.”

“Fish? Are you kidding?”

Yoona grinned. “You don’t want me to eat your brother?”

Donghae rolled his eyes.

“If you’re not there at the party, it means that I lied to Yuri right?” she said, pulling him to the door. He dragged him and pushed him outside. “Now come!”

“Hey wai-“

“Santa came already so I have to be good until the end of the year.” She said, looking directly at his eyes. “Please let me be good this time.”

Donghae considered it for a moment.

“Getting Yuri to the party is my real present to you.” She said. “So please, accept it.”

He was surprised that he was touch. He could never let her down. Not this time when she had done everything for him.

“Thanks!” he bid goodbye to her and ran down.

Yoona smiled to herself. Mission accomplished.

 

 

***

He finally left. She thought, as she was pacing back to her condominium. She was just in time to see a Santa hat on the floor.  He forgot to take this with him.

She knelt down  to pick it up but was momentarily distracted.

There was a tear, racing rapidly below her eyes.

Why? She asked herself.

And then she realized the whole truth. She remembered how Donghae had always stood beside her at every crisis they are facing.

Oh I see.

I was always relying on Donghae.

On his kindness.

But those times have passed.

Yuri would definitely fall for him right now.

And Donghae truly likes Yuri.

In other words, they both like each other.

Then I wont be able..

To Donghae’s side anymore.

I won’t be able to walk by his side.

She stood.

The one beside him would be Yuri…

She turned back to the door. “I don’t want that..”

And she ran towards the door, tears already falling from her big eyes. Her blood was throbbing now and her adrenaline was rushing.

She would chase Donghae and stop him.

It might be selfish but that’s who she was. She doesn’t want to lose him.

She want to be with him forever.

Forever.

She descended quickly at the stairs, running swiftly and calling Donghae’s name in muffled breath.

“Donghae! Donghae!”

But he was gone. Yoona was left on the building’s entrance, kneeling, sobbing.

She covered her face with both hands sobbing.

All gone.

And alone.

Crying indeed, she was completely unaware that Yuri is watching her, standing a few yards away, feeling guilty.

***

“This .” Donghae muttered. He has not changed his clothes but that would do. He was waiting outside the school, watching for Yuri. “I didn’t bring my cellphone.”

“It’s a great bear isn’t it?” a voice said. “Yo!”

“Oh! Yuri!”

“Donghae!” interrupted Yuri. “Let me talk first. Do you still remember the time when we’re in Jessica’s villa?”

“Yeah.”

“I had seen a ghost right?” She didn’t wait for his answer. “I always wanted to see one when I was younger but when I saw it.. I already don’t want to see it again.”

“Eh?”

“I think it’d be best not to see it.” She said. “I am thinking about it a lot recently and I’ve decided about this. “ She paused for a while, choking back her tears. “The thing I wanted the most is I guess not for me.”

“Yuri..”

“Sorry for telling you that.” She said, in a dangerously low voice. “I am going to leave now. Goodbye Donghae.”

And she ran away, leaving Donghae stare at whence she was standing earlier. He was completely caught off-guard.

“What does that mean?” he asked himself. “Am I rejected?”

 

 

 

This was my favorite chap so far. I pity Yoona...you know this happened to me once too. Feeling alone.