There's an Unhappy Someone

Deer x Fish

“Wow. Yoona you’re a miracle.”

Yoona glanced from the source of the voice raising an eyebrow. It was Leeteuk, smiling at her. “Miracle?”

Leeteuk smiled further. “I mean your actions today. I’ve hit you with a ball earlier in P.E yet you didn’t react badly. Like you always do.”

Yoona grinned. Leeteuk really hit her with a softball painfully. On another day, Yoona might have kicked his and shout a few curses but since it’s Christmas, she didn’t.

“You’ve noticed it? Correct I’m being good.”

“Good?”

Yoona nodded pleasantly which does not happen everyday. On any other day, she must have killed him for asking or even talking to him but here she was smiling at him. “It’s nearly Christmas. Santa might be watching us.”

It sounded stupid even for Leeteuk. After all, she’s already in high school and a high schooler does not believe in a fat guy riding an airborne sled.

Jessica appeared by her side, cupping Yoona’s head playfully. “Santa? Are you stupid? I cant believe that you ever think Santa does exist. That’s not like you at all.”

Yoona got away from her grip. “Shut up Ice Princess.  Stop being this naughty, Santa won’t definitely come to your house.”

Jessica frowned. “There’s really something strange with this girl.” She took a step backward, perfectly portraying a disgraceful girl. “Did something happen during your suspension? Or is this a sigh nof death? Are you going to die tomorrow?

“What did you say? I’m not dying!”

Donghae sighed. I thought she wanted to be a good girl. “Now you two cut it out.”

The speaker buzzed overhead, depicting Siwon’s voice.

“Good morning everyone, you must be feeling very frustrated right now after the dreaded exams.” He heaved a dramatic sigh. “Don’t worry, the student council will erase that.”

Everyone in the room listened in wonder.

“We will have a Christmas Party!”

Everyone rolled their eyes. Common getaway.

“But this party is unique. You have to come as couples! Troubled by love? Can’t ask him or her out? Now this is your chance to date someone you have feelings for.”

Donghae gasped. Maybe this is his chance. He stood absentmindedly and zombie walked across the room.

He is going to invite Yuri in the party.

***

“Listen Donghae.” began Yoona, while they were walking along the roads en route to home. “This is our chance. You have to invite Yuri in the party.”

“Huh?”

“Huh?” said Yoona outrageously. “Don’t ’huh’ me. You have to confess now or you’ll never have the chance.”

“Confess?” retorted Donghae. “You’re asking for the impossible.”

“You have to do it.” She answered sternly. “Because it’s Christmas. “ She began to turn around. “I’m the angel of love. The model of love and good. Even Santa is looking at me. In order to make your love successful, I’ll be Cupid.” She winked at the startled Donghae.

“No thanks.” And he walked past her.

She snatched on of the spinach in the grocers bag and stood before me, posing with her hands extended, like she was firing a bow. “Do I look like Cupid?”

Donghae stared blankly at her. “No. you don’t.” he laughed. “You really don’t.”

 

***

“Let’s talk about the party.” Said Siwon, with his arms folded on his chest. “First, we shall have the staff. So Yoona can I count on you?”

Yoona thought for a while.

“Yeah that’s a good idea.” Said Leeteuk. “You said you love Christmas so if you become one of the staff, it might become successful.”

Yoona grinned devilishly. “So everyone asking for it, I might agree.” She then turned to Donghae. “Let’s make this party the best! Come on join me you sugary-slug fish!”

“Yeah.” Then he frowned. “What kind of fish did you call me?”

Yoona ignored him. “Yuri, are you joining us?”

Yuri wasn’t  paying attention. She have been like that since yesterday. Or rather since the fight between Yoona and Tiffany.

“Sorry.” She said softly. “I’ll pass this time.”

“Eh? Why?”

“I’m not just in the mood to go in a Christmas party.” She answered. “It’s not just the time for me to have fun.”

“Why Yuri?” asked Donghae this time.

Yuri sighed, remembering what had happened during the game. “I screwed up during our softball game and we lost because of that. It’s embarrassing. If I go to a party and have fun after that, the club members would probably never look up at me. Also I have to practice hardcore now.”

Yoona looked at her friend in wonder. She’s acting weird and knowing Yuri for how many years, she knew it’s not about the game. “Yuri..”

“You don’t need to help us,” cut off Donghae, eager to please his deranged crush. “Just go to the party-“

“I said I’m not going.” She said and she stood from her chair. “Sorry I need to go.”

Donghae’s eyes narrowed. What’s happening to her?

“If she’ll not going to help,” Jessica barged through. “Then I’m going to. Let’s heat this party up using the power of Class 2-C”

Everyone cheered with her word.

Donghae was so thrown with Yuri’s statement that he didn’t notice Jessica staring at him, with her face only inches away from his.

“What’s with that expression?” she asked. “You don’t want to be with me? Let me tell you this Donghae. It is best for you to be nice to me.”

“Why?”

“This sort of thing is my specialty.” She answered, in a voice which annoyed Donghae. “I’ll determine whether the party becomes successful or not and I can get that unhappy someone go to the party.”

That unhappy someone must be Yuri.

***

 

 

Guys, please comment and subscribe.