Nine

Standing In The Dark
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Is this really necessary?”

“Yes”

“Why?”

“I don’t want you to see”

“Why?”

“Stop asking questions and start walking”

 

 

Hoya had led Dongwoo out of the school to the big rode just outside when he had stopped and said that he had to blindfold him. Dongwoo didn’t really have a saying in this since Hoya had ignored his opinion on the blindfolding.

Hoya had carefully led Dongwoo through the streets and right now they were in a forest. Dongwoo could tell from how branches snapped under his feet when he stepped on them.

“Where are you taking me?”

“I won’t tell you”

“You really are a pain in the sometimes” Dongwoo could hear Hoya chuckle at his comment.

 

 

“We’re here” Hoya finally said.

“Take this thing off me then!” Dongwoo cried.

“Alright, alright” Hoya chuckled.

As the blindfold loosened around Dongwoo’s head, he had to close his eyes not to be blinded by the sun. The first thing he saw was trees so tall that the tops could not be seen. He then spotted an old tree house.

“Is that what I think it is?” Dongwoo asked.

“Yeah” Hoya smiled “Yeah, it is”

Their old tree house. When Hoya turned eight, he and Dongwoo had gone in to the forest to build the tree house. It hadn’t been easy and it had taken weeks to finish it but it was worth it. The two had spent all of their free time in that free house.

“Come on! What are you waiting for?” Hoya ran up to the ladder and climbed up. Dongwoo let out a laugh before he went after his friend.

“Do you remember how many hours we spent in here?” Hoya sat down on the floor.

“How can I forget?” Dongwoo smiled as he sat down in front of Hoya.

“Do you remember when we were here last?”

“It must have been when we were twelve or something” Dongwoo said.

“No, it was three years ago” Hoya stared into Dongwoo’s eyes “It was when we met Jinae” Hoya smiled but Dongwoo could tell it still hurt to talk about her.

“You took me here because you wanted to know wha

Please log in to read the full chapter