Alone

Fragment of Dreams || TopFany one-shot collection

 

A/N: Literally wrote this whole story on my phone, because I'm such a loser like that..

Will have lots of sappy angst and whining. Mentions of other pairings and more sappy romance and cheesy lines. You'll see. 


Every year, Tiffany would visit her and tell her stories. Stories about the crazy things Sunny and Hyoyeon would do from time to time, or how Seohyun, their youngest member, scolded Tiffany one time. Tiffany told her about Taeyeon, and how Taeyeon, being the nerd that she was, actually entered a Starcraft competition and won.

 

"Oh guess what? Yuri has a boyfriend. He's a very sweet man. And has such a soulful voice. Guess who it is?"

 

A moment of silence and Tiffany giggled, "I can't believe it, Yuri and Youngbae! And even after denying that they were just blind dates! I knew Yuri was in love when I saw the sparkle in her eyes."

 

Tiffany clasped her hands together, giddy with her best friend's new relationship.

 

"Jessica has a crush on Taecyeon oppa. It's kind of funny though; she always and said she didn't like him. They're always fighting, but like you always said, opposites attract right?"

 

Tiffany sighed and stretched her arms,

 

"Sooyoung just started out in acting. She's amazing!! Next week's episode of 'Third Hospital' looks intense. Her drama reminds me of Grey's Anatomy. Remember that? We used to watch it together all the time! It was such an awesome show, but I lost track. They're on their 10th season now, I think..."

 

Another chuckle and Tiffany clutched the bouquet of flowers in her hands, trembling, "Is there anyone else I'm forgetting? Ahh, Yoona! There's nothing new about her...but I did catch her on a midnight rendezvous with none other then the leader of Big Bang! First Yuri and Youngbae and now Yoona and Jiyong? They make a cute couple actually. I guess Yoona forgot that I frequent down at the music cafe on Friday nights. I caught them kissing! Yoona, our sweet, sweet innocent Yoona, is going out with the one and only Jiyong."

 

Tiffany took a deep breath here, "Jiyong may look like a bad boy, with his weird sense of fashion and gangsta-wannabe personality, but he's just as sweet as Youngbae. A true gentleman."

 

A smirk curved at the corner of Tiffany's lips and she whispered behind her hand, "I bet he lured Yoona out with his pet Sharpei Gaho. He almost got me once. But he's not my type..."

 

Finally, Tiffany bent over and placed the bouquet of orchids upon the gravestone. Tears welled at the corner of her eyes. She felt her voice cracking, and her heart sinking. She had put on a brave front to talk about her eight members lives.

 

But today was the anniversary after all...and Tiffany just couldn't pull through any longer.

 

"Eomma...I miss you so much..."

 

A tear drop fell, "and I've been such a bad daughter. I promised appa that I visit you every month...but I've been so busy as an idol."

 

Tiffany looked away shamefully, "But that's no excuse, right?"

 

Wiping the falling tears, Tiffany traced the engraved letters of her mother's name, "It gets lonely sometimes. Even though you blessed me with eight wonderful sisters, I can't always come to them for everything. I don't want to be a burden to them."

 

Tiffany tried to control her tears, but they kept falling like a waterfall, "Appa, Michelle-unnie and Leo-oppa are far away so it can't be helped...it's hard mom, not having you around anymore..."

 

She sobbed quietly, trying not to bother the other people visiting their loved ones.

 

"I'm such a crybaby. Just like you. Appa always told me you cried a lot, even if you got a paper cut. Just like me."

 

She tried to cheer herself up with more random jokes like that but it didn't help. She wept endlessly.

 

Suddenly, warm, strong arms embraced Tiffany from behind. The familiar scent dazzled her. Her body stiffened at first but then melted when butterfly kisses trailed down her jawline.

 

"But I'm here. I'll always be here for you."

 

His voice, although deep and sometimes scornful was soothing and soft this time.

 

She gasped, and pressed her hand to , "Seunghyun-oppa. You made it out."

 

Tiffany turned to face the rapper of Big Bang, her eyes red and puffy from the tears. 

 

Seunghyun smiled softly, and gently brushed the remaining tears from her smooth face, "Of course. I promised to always be here for you when you need me right?"

 

"But you're schedule...don't you have to film that scene for your movie?" She didn't want to burden him with such small family matters as this. But he insisted knowing what her plans were for today.

 

Tiffany finally stopped weeping and tucked a few locks behind her ear.

 

Seunghyun rolled his eyes, "And break my promise to you? No, I don't like breaking promises..and I hate seeing you cry."

 

Here, Seunghyun gave Tiffany a gentle kiss on the forehead before pulling out a single rose. He knelt one knee and placed the flower on top of the gravestone, 

 

"It’s finally nice to meet you, Mrs. Hwang."

 

Tiffany tentatively took his hand and kissed his knuckles. She was trembling, not from sadness and loneliness, but from joy.

 

God, why can't all men be like him? Seunghyun wasn't usually like this and for a moment, she thought Youngbae's soul switched with him. 

 

But no, it was the same enigmatic Choi Seunghyun. Sometimes she never knew what he was going to do next.

 

With another gentle smile, Seunghyun squeezed Tiffany's small trembling hand, "She won't be alone anymore. I promise to take good care of your youngest daughter, no matter what."

 

Tiffany couldn't be any happier to have such a great guy like him. She didn't deserve him but he stuck by her side in darkness and light, "Seunghyun..."

 

Seunghyun wrapped his arm around Tiffany's waist and pulled her closer, "I promised, didn't I? To always love you. To always protect you from anything, right?"

 

She was lost for words. That was the first time he ever said those words to her. Ecstatic, she literally jumped and strung her arms around his neck, placing millions of sweet small pecks upon his lips.

 

"Not in front of your mother, Miyong." He jokes in between kisses, but Tiffany didn't care. She loved this man too much.

 

"Thank you oppa. For always being there for me. Eomma would definitely approve of you...now for Appa and Leo..."

 

"Haha, it's a work in progress. But first, let's continue to pray for your mother, shall we?"

 

Tiffany nodded and they both, standing hand in hand together, made wishes and prayed to the one person Tiffany most cherished.

 

And then she remembered why this man was so special to her. Seunghyun always told her, "I cherish whatever Miyong cherishes. It's a promise."

 

~owari


A/N: Sorry to the GTae fans. Wanted to do different pairings haha. And I told you already, sappy wasn't it? Yeah I don't like how this turned out. It's do cliche and...so cheesy.

 But nevertheless, I hope you guys enjoyed it! Love y'all!