Yesterday

Fragment of Dreams || TopFany one-shot collection

A/N: I had this idea in my head for a while now. And thought, god, I wouldn't mind chibi-Stephanie hitting it up with fat!Tempo. So here it is.

I had so many different scenerios for this, but this was the best I could do. Had it sitting in my harddrive for a while and thought, wha tthe heck, might as well put it up as is. I am on a roll, three updates for you guys. Are you happy?

A little of Jifany, a little of GTae and a little of StephTempo. STEPHTEMPO > TOPFANY. LOLOL


Yesterday

“Teepahnee.” He said nonchalantly, brushing his short strand of jet black bowl haircut hair off his face. He was a former SM trainee and had just recently transferred over to the renowned hip-hop talent agency, YG entertainment, or so that’s what he told her when he introduced himself.

Sure Stephanie mentioned she liked bad boys who could break-dance and beat-box but she didn’t expect him to already be hitting on her. Maybe he was trying to make Taeyeon jealous. She saw the gleam in his eyes when they stepped in, his eyes scanning Taeyeon’s slender form in her royal blue dress.

Tiffany only came to this place to sing, afterall it was a music cafe, but somehow found herself in the corner, flirting with him, exchanging phone numbers. And Taeyeon was nowhere to be found, perhaps mingling elsewhere, with their unnie Boa Kwon and sunbaenim Yunho, who were nice enough to take them along on their twenty-second day as SM trainees.

“Tee-pah-nee is only fifteen? Wow so young.” To be honest, he himself didn’t look a day over seventeen. He had a charming baby face, with a cheeky snobbish smile.

Stephanie laughed at the man’s attempt at her given name, “No, it’s not Tiffany. It’s Stephanie. Su-teh-pa-nee.” She repeated slowly. The look on his face told her he wasn’t listening.

He fell back on his seat and sighed, swinging his arm around her shoulder, “Can’t I just call you Miyong?”

“Jiyong-oppa.” She breathed, clenching her fists on her lap, “I told you already, I don’t like that name.”

“And I told you to call me GD-oppah.” He winked at her, hoping to get that cute eye smile from her.

Stephanie instead, rolled her eyes, “If you weren’t so cute, I’d probably slap you right now. I don’t like that smirk on your face.” She teased, pinching his round cheeks. She pulled on them and scrunched her face at him challengingly.

“Yah! That hurts.” He took her wrists and pulled her fingers off.

They both laughed and then glanced over to the side when someone shuffled loudly into the room. Taeyeon had finally appeared, her hair disheveled and her body moving up in down erratically. Stephanie rose from her seat, “What happened to you? You looked like you just came out of a make-out session.” Stephanie said as she pulled the girl down to sit next to Jiyong.

Taeyeon sighed wearily and took off her heels, “I lost a bet to Boa-unnie and she made me dance in front of her friends. I haven’t learned that many dances yet…”

Stephanie tilted her head, “Really? And what bet was this?”

The girl in royal blue took a deep breath, “I was supposed to find a guy and get his phone number in less than ten minutes.” Of course the pout on her face told both Jiyong and Stephanie that she didn’t get anything.

Taeyeon was a very pretty girl and had a great personality. But the one thing that probably didn’t help was her constant snorts when she laughed hard, or the way she talked about Starcraft, Ragnarok and manwha like a Japanese otaku. To top it off, she decided to wear her large black round framed glasses, one without lenses. It didn’t match her dress, but she refused to take it off.

“Hey, you can have my phone number.” Jiyong told her excitedly with a soft smile. Taeyeon turned to face him with a perplexed look, “And just who are you?”

With another smirk, Jiyong readjusted the collar on his shirt before continuing, “Well, I’m Tiffany’s new friend, GD, former trainee of SM and now trainee at YG entertainment. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” He held out his hand, but Taeyeon only ignored it, glaring at it really.

Jiyong slickly took her small girlish hand and placed a kiss upon the back of it.

Taeyeon immediately withdrew her hand and wrapped her fingers around Stephanie’s arms, her face stricken, “Stephanie, what did I tell you about picking up strangers? He could be a .”

Jiyong was shocked, his jaw dropping to the statement. He placed a palm over his heart and teasingly said, “Ouch, girl that hurts. I’m a have feelings too. Look, if you don’t believe me, ask Boa-noona. She remembers me.”

He paused for a moment until an impish smile crept at the corner of his lips, “If she remembers who I am, we exchange phone numbers, deal?”

Taeyeon looked back and forth between Stephanie and their so called new acquaintance, and then gave in when Stephanie only gave her a shrug, “Fine. But I swear, if you do anything stupid, I’m telling Yunho-sunbae to come beat you up.”

Jiyong chuckled loudly before pushing himself off the seat, “Oh I’m really chill with Yunho-hyung! We go way back!”

“Hah! We’ll see about that.” Taeyeon picked up her heels and dashed out of the room.

Jiyong followed slowly after her, but not before he turned to tell Stephanie goodbye, “Yo, it was nice meeting you. I hope we see each other soon. You have my number already, right?”

Stephanie nodded and gave him thumbs up, “Yup. Go, before she changes her mind.”

“If she doesn’t work out, I’ll just call you instead.” He said with a seductive voice, winking at her before placing his hands down the pocket of his skinny jeans. Stephanie ignored the last part and started looking through the photos in her phone. Half of them were selcas, some by herself, some with Taeyeon and Boa and some, somehow with Jiyong, “Yeah, sure, whatever.”

He sauntered off through the door, but popped his head in one last time, “Oh, you’re not going to be leaving anytime soon right? If a guy named Tempo comes by, can you tell him to wait for me here? Please Tiffany?”

Stephanie scrunched her eyebrows and glared at him, “Why don’t you just text him? Why do I have to be your messenger?”

Jiyong smiled sweetly at her, biting the bottom of his lip, “He’s the guy for you Tiffany, the man of your dreams who can breakdance and beat box.”

“Huh?”

“I’m just kidding. His cellphone died. You won’t miss him. He’ll be wearing a yellow cap. Really chill guy.”

With that he left before she could ask for more details because a yellow cap was too vague. There were a lot of people wearing yellow caps tonight.

Stephanie scoffed and crossed her arms. Jiyong may be cute, but he was just like her older brother, telling her to do things she didn’t want to do. He was annoyingly arrogant, but charming at the same time. It was a horrible combination, because he could just about get away with everything with his good looks.

Whatever, Stephanie didn’t care. She was just going to enjoy the rest of her night and sing to her heart’s content.

Stephanie wasn’t expecting this Tempo guy to pop in so soon. No, what surprised her most was at how huge he looked. She had thought Tempo was some scrawny guy about the same size as Jiyong, and someone more handsome. Hell, half the Korean men she met so far looked like Rain, strikingly handsome and well built. Or scrawny and cute like Jiyong.

But no, this man probably towered over her, wasn’t the typical Korean male size or even that handsome, which she noticed on his face, had a few pimples and blemishes here and there. He was, she assumed, about 170 pounds of meat, dressed in all baggy clothes, a denim jacket over a plaid shirt with a long yellow shirt underneath, and baggy military cargo pants.

He was straight up thuggish, with the way he tilted his noticeably neon yellow hat to the side.

She wasn’t interested at what the guy had to say. She had plenty of guys like that in California hitting up on her with they’re slang and bad pickup lines. She didn’t like guys who were straight up gangsta wannabes, and this Tempo guy, radiated just that type of impression, with the way he walked in like a pimp and smelled strongly of nicotine.

Stephanie’s mother always told her not to judge anyone by the clothes they wore, but Stephanie had long forgotten that phrase. She was only 15, out late at night at a music café that could almost be considered a club, having so many old erts looking down her skirt. And this Tempo guy looked just as scary. How and why Jiyong was hanging out with this guy, she didn’t know. She kinda wished Jiyong was here right now because hell, her whole body froze as Tempo took a step inside, closer to her.

She pulled her skirt down and gripped the microphone in her hand. She avoided his piercing gaze, which made her shudder because she could tell he wasn’t staring at her eyes, but through her, as if he was trying to read her very soul.

She stuttered at first, but finally found the courage to pass on Jiyong’s message, “G-dragon-oppa told me to tell you to wait for him here. I don’t know when he’ll be back though.”

Tempo nodded and slowly walked over before settling himself down at the opposite end of the sofa, swinging his arms against the top part comfortably, “Aight. I guess it’s just you and me. Since you seem to already know my name, what’s yours?”

The S.E.S. song had just finished and the LCD television now began playing random clips of k-dramas and lyrics. He watched in silence as Stephanie settled down the microphone cautiously on top the coffee table. She noticed his scowl, or was it a frown, she couldn’t tell, but he didn’t look too happy when she did that,

“Stephanie.” She said slowly but flinched when he breathed her name incorrectly, just like Jiyong earlier. Either that or he just didn’t listen to her.

“Teepahnee? Ahh alright. Nice to meet you.”

She bit her tongue, trying hard not to correct him because she was so afraid, with the way he glared at her that he was going to do something to her. But he sat there in silence, comfortably as he started tapping his feet with the rhythm of the hip hop song that began playing in the background.

“You have a nice voice.” He told her, his voice so low and masculine for someone his age.

Stephanie sheepishly looked at him, taking notice of the huge scar at the corner of one of his eyebrows before answering, “It’s not that good really. My friend has a better voice.”

Tempo shuffled in his seat and leaned forward, so that his arms were resting on his lap, “No, really you do have a nice voice. You just need to sing a bit louder.”

He smirked, and this earned him a soft curl on the lip from the young woman.

“You’re just being nice. Thanks though.” Stephanie finally looked at him in the eyes, and noticed his dark orbs, staring at her with genuine compassion. They held a sort of softness to it, but a little sadness in it. He seemed like a perfectly nice guy, despite the way he dressed. Stephanie never hung around with his type. She tended to frequent out with the preppy crowd.

Nevertheless, Tempo was just as Jiyong said. He’s really chill.

Tempo chuckled, and readjusted his cap, “You really don’t know who I am?”

Stephanie could only shake her head, “No, I just flew in from the U.S. recently. I haven’t been here in five years, so I don’t. Are you some kind of famous rapper or something?”

 “Very close. I’m an underground rapper. You know, like Eminem.” He told her pompously.

“What’s the difference? Rappers are rappers. They’re all the same, cussing here and there in the lyrics.” Stephanie voiced out innocently, crossing her arms. She didn’t really like rappers that much, just guys who could beat-box. Rapping and beat-boxing were two different things or so she was told.

“You know, not all rappers use bad words in the lyrics. I for one, never do.” Tempo added with a grin.

Stephanie almost didn’t believe him. All the rappers she ever listened to had a cuss word, at almost the end of every line. But that was American hip-hop and rap. She never actually listened to Korean rap before.

As if Tempo read her mind, he slid down closer to her and picked up the microphone.

“You don’t believe me? Fine, I’ll show you.”

She wanted to protest, tell him that he didn’t need to but being the show-off that he was, he went off on a tangent and began spitting out words.

It was like a spoken word, a poem that held a deep history and emotion. Stephanie watched listened to every line. Not a single bad word. They were just rhymes, about his broken heart, about some girl he used to adore but now didn’t. There were words about his ups and downs, and then about tonight. How he met a girl with a nice voice.

Stephanie was mesmerized.

He rapped quick, but clear and proficiently. And then somewhere near the end, he started to beat-box, throwing her name in between which got her jumping in her seat excitedly.

When Tempo finished, he coolly dropped the microphone, letting it fall to the ground, “Tempo out.”

“Now do you believe me? No cuss words at all.”

Stephanie nodded slowly, her eyes as wide as the anime characters from Japan, “Wow. I’ve never listened to Korean rap before and I must say that was magnificent.”

Tempo held up his index finger, “Number one in underground, baby girl.”

“Will you be joining G-dragon oppa in YG?” She asked, twirling her finger around a strand of hair. She assumed he was since he was good friends with Jiyong and had such a tremendous talent.

“Not with the way I look now.” He looked away, sadness looming over his heart.

“What’s wrong with the way you look? I thought you were scary at first, but now that we’re talking, you seem like a pretty cool guy.”

It was the truth. In the span of the past twenty minutes, Tempo seemed to capture her heart, especially with his rap and compelling soft gazes.

“Aren’t you appalled by my size? I thought girls like you go for guys like Jiyong, small, and cute.”

Stephanie took a slight offense at that, “Do I look like your typical shallow Korean girl?”

“Well…” Tempo started, with a playful tone in his voice. This earned a slap on his arm, “Yah!”

“I’m just kidding Tiffany.” His scowl from earlier turned into an actual smile, his round chubby cheeks turning a slight shade of red.

Stephanie sighed grinding her teeth at the name, “Stephanie. Su-teh-pah-nee.” She took out a pen from her purse and scribbled the Hangeul for her name down on a piece of napkin.

“You’ll need a stage name when you become famous singer right? You should just use Tiffany.” Tempo took her pen, scratched out what Stephanie scribbled before and neatly wrote the Hangeul for ‘Tiffany’ at the bottom.

“How do you know I want to become a famous singer?”

Tempo heaved a sigh, “I told you already, you have a nice voice. You have potential.”

“I don’t get what’s so special about using Tiffany. That’s not my name.”

He paused for a second, trying to find the perfect answer for her before staring into her big innocent eyes, “A girl named Tiffany made me smile tonight when I was feeling down.”

Yes, it was sappy, coming from someone like him, but Stephanie found it sweet. To be honest, she liked this Tempo guy better than Jiyong.

And Tiffany wasn’t so bad now that he breathed it so nicely to her, unlike Jiyong who just seemed to use it in a mocking way.

Tiffany. It suits you.”

Her eyes formed into two wondrous crescent shapes, “Fine, I’ll use it. My mother always wanted to call me that anyway. From now on, please call me Tiffany.”


~owari


A/N: I was going to add more after that, but I thought, no this is a good ending point. I MAY have a sequel to this, as one of the themes, but I'm still thinking about it. Was it good? Did you like StephTempo? Aren't they adorable?

I love fat!Tempo and chibi!Stephanie. Lol/forever delusional.