Chapter 8

Because Of You

Eunhyuk stared blankly ahead as he walked. Donghae was by his side walking with a bounce in his step.

 

Once they arrived, Eunhyuk went to the office. He walked out a few minutes later. Donghae, who was waiting for him, jumped in front of him.

"Come on, let's get to class." Donghae said.

Donghae and Eunhyuk walked into the classroom.

Donghae walked over to his desk. Eunhyuk took a seat in the back.

"Good morning, Donghae!" A girl said.

"Morning, Jessica!" Donghae greeted.

 

A few minutes later the bell rang and the teacher walked in.

"Good morning students! We have a new student here with us!" The teacher said cheerfully, "Lee Hyukjae, please stand and say hi."

"Hey, I'm Hyukjae. You can call me Eunhyuk." Eunhyuk said as cheerfully as possible.

"Nice to meet you!" The class said in unison.

Eunhyuk nodded then sat down.

The lessons started.

Halfway through the lessons, Eunhyuk was playing with his pen when it suddenly flew out of his hands. The pen landed on some boy's head.

The boy turned and looked at Eunhyuk.

 

After class, Eunhyuk was getting up when the boy who had gotten hit with the pen walked up to him.

"Here." He held out the pen.

"Thanks." Eunhyuk said.

"Yeah."

"Hey! Kyu!"

Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk looked up and saw a smiling Donghae.

"Oh. Donghae, hi." Kyuhyun greeted. Eunhyuk continued to pack up.

"Hyukkie did you make a new friend?" Donghae asked.

Eunhyuk looked at Donghae for moment before picking up his bag and leaving.

"Yah! Hyukkie wait for me!" Donghae called. He turned to Kyuhyun and said, "I'll see you later."

Kyuhyun nodded and grabbed his bag and left a few seconds after Donghae.

 

At lunch, Donghae grabbed his lunch from his locker and scanned the room for Eunhyuk. Once he finally spotted his friend, he made his way over.

Eunhyuk was alone sitting near a group of girls. He had headphones on.

Donghae placed his tray down and sat.

"Hi Hyukkie!" Donghae said and smiled.

Eunhyuk nodded.

"How are you liking school?"

Eunhyuk shrugged.

"Are you mad- " Donghae was cut off by Kyuhyun slamming his tray down.

Donghae jumped, startled by the sudden noise.

"Hey." Kyuhyun said after sitting down.

"Hi." Donghae replied.

Kyuhyun stared at Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk stared back.

Eunhyuk sighed, "What?"

"So… You're friends with Donghae?"

"Not really." Eunhyuk said and took off his headphones.

"Hyukkie's been staying at my house." Donghae said.

"Really."

"Yup!" Donghae said with a small nod.

 

After school, Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Kyuhyun, who decided to go home with Donghae, walked to Donghae's house.

Donghae and Kyuhyun walked up to the front door. Eunhyuk stayed at the sidewalk.

"Coming?" Donghae asked.

"I'm gonna take a walk." Eunhyuk said.

Donghae nodded, "Do you want us to come?"

"No." Eunhyuk said coldly.

Donghae nodded then quickly opened the door.

 

Eunhyuk walked around the town. He really didn't want to stay with Donghae and Leeteuk. But he didn't want to go back home to his fighting parents.

He sighed. He looked up at the sky, wondering how his mother was doing.

He felt his eyes start to tear up. He quickly wiped the tears. He was sad. He hated how his parents were always fighting. He hated how his father beat him. He hated everything about his life. But he'd never tell anyone. He just bottled up his feelings.

 

A few hours later, he walked into Donghae's house.

"Oh! You're back! Have a nice walk?" Leeteuk asked.

Eunhyuk nodded then walked up the stairs to his room.

A few minutes later, they heard a door shut.

 

Chapter 8!!!
It's finally up!!!
I'm so sorry I hadn't updated in SO long! I'm so sorry!!!
I'll try to update more often!
Thank you so much for reading and subscribing and commenting!