Chapter 18

Because Of You

Eunhyuk walked through the halls, everyone turned and stared at him. He'd been gone for a few months so people thought he'd never come back. He walked to his locker, got his stuff then shoved his backpack in.

"Eunhyuk! You're back!" Tiffany smiled and said.

Eunhyuk smiled slightly and nodded.

"We were so worried! But at least you're back for graduation!"

"Yeah." Eunhyuk shut his locker, "I, uh, I'm going to class."

Eunhyuk walked past Tiffany and through the door to his classroom.

Eunhyuk was greeted with smiles and cheers as soon as he walked in. He smiled and waved, putting on his old act, and walked to his desk.

"What… are you doing here?" Sungmin asked, turning to face his friend.

"I came back home." Eunhyuk said, taking out his notebook and pencil.

"Why?"

"I needed to. Donghae and Leeteuk kicked me out." Eunhyuk lied.

"What? Why'd they do that?" Sungmin asked, surprised.

"Because they thought I was a freak." Eunhyuk replied.

"Oh… Hyukkie… I'm so sorry…" Sungmin got up and hugged Eunhyuk.

"It's fine. I expected it."

Class started but Eunhyuk couldn't focus. He was too busy thinking.

After class, Sungmin walked up to Eunhyuk.

"Hey! Eunhyuk! Wanna hang out later?" Sungmin asked.

"No thanks. Maybe some other time." Eunhyuk said before walking away to go home.

Sungmin watched as Eunhyuk walked away. He raised an eyebrow then shrugged. He jogged to catch up.

"Let's walk home together!" Sungmin suggested. Eunhyuk nodded.

"So what'd I miss while I was gone?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Since when do you care about what goes on?" Sungmin replied.

Eunhyuk shrugged, "I'm just curious."

"Well… Tiffany and that Wooyoung guy are dating now."

Eunhyuk nodded.

"And everyone thought you died." Sungmin said.

Eunhyuk laughed, "Why?"

"You've been gone for months!" Sungmin replied with a laugh.

The two arrived at Eunhyuk's house.

"I'll see you on Monday." Eunhyuk said.

"What, not tomorrow?" Sungmin asked.

"Maybe. Bye."

Sungmin chuckled, "Bye."

As soon as the door shut, Sungmin frowned.

"Same Hyuk, same act." Sungmin said then walked to his house.

 

Eunhyuk yawned and went to his room. He plopped down on his bed and eventually fell asleep. He didn't sleep much the night before. His mind wouldn't shut up.

That's when it began again. The act he had been doing since he was a kid, the fake smiles and laughs. All of that, he was doing them again.

 

A week had passed since his return, Eunhyuk got up, put on his uniform, and went downstairs for breakfast.

"Morning, Hyukjae!" Eunhyuk's mother greeted.

"Morning, mom." Eunhyuk grabbed a piece of toast and put on his shoes.

"Have fun at school!"

Eunhyuk nodded then walked out the door.

"Hyuk! After school, let's go to the movies! I wanna see that new movie!"

"I'm busy, I can't. I'm sorry." Eunhyuk lied.

"What's with you?"

Eunhyuk looked at Sungmin curiously.

"You never do anything with me anymore! I thought we were best friends!" Sungmin whined.

"I'm busy, okay? I'll see a movie with you some other time."

"You're no fun." Sungmin pouted.

Eunhyuk groaned, "Fine! I'll see the movie with you!"

"Yay!"

Eunhyuk chuckled and rolled his eyes.

Sungmin looked at Eunhyuk while he wasn't looking and frowned. He didn't know what to do. Eunhyuk was so happy and cheerful when he was with Donghae, but now, he was back to his old self. And he didn't like it.

They got to school and went to class.

"Hey! Eunhyuk! I'm throwing a graduation party after school ends! Do you wanna come?" Eunhyuk's classmate asked.

"So-"

"He'll be there." Sungmin interrupted.

"Actually, I'll think about it. I'll, um, tell you if I can make it." Eunhyuk faked a smile.

"Okay! Hope to see you there!" the classmate said then walked away to talk to other people.

"What was that? Why'd you tell him I'd be there?" Eunhyuk asked.

"You keep turning everything down! You need to get out and celebrate this freedom you now have!" Sungmin said.

"Yeah, freedom." Eunhyuk rolled his eyes.

"Hyuk, your dad's gone. Your mom wants you to get out and have fun, and you're staying at home doing nothing!"

"I happen to like doing nothing!" Eunhyuk cried. Everyone turned and stared.

"Nothing to see here!" Sungmin announced and everyone turned away.

"Hyuk, no you don't. I saw how happy you were with Donghae."

"Well Donghae kicked me out."

Sungmin sighed, "I know… But you should try to forget about that. You like having fun and having friends."

The bell rang and the door opened. The teacher walked in and class began.

 

"Movie time!!!" Sungmin said happily and stuffed some popcorn into his mouth.

Eunhyuk nodded, "Yayyy...mphf!"

Sungmin had shoved popcorn into Eunhyuk's mouth.

"No sarcasm allowed right now. My favorite actress is in this!"

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes, slouched and ate the popcorn.

The movie started. Eunhyuk watched silently, a blank expression. But the movie reminded himself of himself.

The girl was abused at home, she meets a guy, falls in love, but she pushed him away due to fear.

"Damn…" Eunhyuk muttered, "This is me…"

Eunhyuk got up, "I'm going to the restroom."

Sungmin nodded.

Eunhyuk left and walked into the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror. "That movie…"  He sighed.

He thought to himself, the movie was like an exact reenactment of him and Donghae. Except for the falling in love part. And watching it made him feel really bad. He took a deep breath, shook it off and walked back to the theater.

"Are you okay?" Sungmin asked when Eunhyuk sat down.

Eunhyuk nodded.

 

The movie ended and the two teens walked out.

"Did we just see a chick-flick?" Eunhyuk asked.

"…Maybe…" Sungmin said quietly.

Eunhyuk laughed slightly.

"Well, what did you think?" Sungmin asked as the two began walking home.

"It was alright." Eunhyuk shrugged.

"I liked it!" Sungmin said.

"Of course you did." Eunhyuk laughed.

 

Eunhyuk was sitting in his room. It was 2am and he couldn't sleep. So he stared at the moon. He thought to himself. About everything. He thought back to how he was months ago, how he ran away, how he met Donghae, Leeteuk and Kangin. His first escape attempt. How it failed. Meeting Kyuhyun. The water fight. The bike. The karaoke. Telling Donghae about his dad. Leaving. Now he was back to the grump he was back before he left. He thought about Donghae. About Leeteuk. About Kangin. About Kyuhyun and Ryeowook. He thought about everything until it hurt.

"It was fun while it lasted… But it's over." Eunhyuk said to himself before he laying down again.

 

Chapter 18!!! This was hard to write. I wrote then had to edit the heck out of it! XDDD
Anyways, I hope you liked the chapter! <333
Thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting!
Comment and subscribe please! I wanna know what you guys thought of the chapter! It'll motivate me to write faster. :)