Chapter 12

Because Of You

Sungmin walked to the counter and ordered. Eunhyuk slid down as low as possible without falling off the chair.

"Are you okay?" Donghae asked.

Eunhyuk didn't answer.

The door swung open.

"Kyu!" Donghae called, waving at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun waved and walked over.

"Eunhyuk, why are you sitting like that?" Kyuhyun asked a little loudly, noticing Eunhyuk.

Hearing his best friend's name, Sungmin turned around and looked around. He spotted Eunhyuk.

"Here." Tiffany said and handed Sungmin a cup.

"Thanks Fany." Sungmin said and walked over to a table near Eunhyuk's.

Eunhyuk slid further down.

"I'm gonna go get something to drink…" Kyuhyun said and walked to the counter.

Sungmin looked over at his best friend and shook his head. He got up and made his way over. He tapped Eunhyuk's shoulder.

Eunhyuk turned slowly, "H-Hi Minnie."

Sungmin crossed his arms as best as he could without dropping or slipping his drink.

"Who's this?" Donghae asked, looking at Sungmin.

"I'm Lee Sungmin. Hyukjae's best friend." Sungmin answered and took the seat where Kyuhyun was sitting.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Lee Donghae!"

"Nice to meet you too." Sungmin said and smiled then turned to Eunhyuk.

"So this is where you've been?" Sungmin asked Eunhyuk.

"Yeah, sorta…" Eunhyuk replied.

"You know, you could've stayed with me." Sungmin told Eunhyuk, placing his drink on the table.

"I just… needed to get away from everything, everyone I knew." Eunhyuk said, head down, looking at the drink in his hands.

"Hey, you're in my seat." A voice said behind Sungmin. Sungmin turned and looked up at Kyuhyun.

"Get a different one." Sungmin turned away.

Kyuhyun was about to say something but decided against it for some reason. He grabbed a chair from another table and sat next to Sungmin.

"Wait… Who are you?" Kyuhyun asked, realizing he didn't know the teenage boy next to him.

"Lee Sungmin."

"Oh. I'm Cho Kyuhyun."

"Nice to meet you." Sungmin said.

"You too."

Sungmin turned back to Eunhyuk, "I want to see where you're staying."

"No."

"Why?" Sungmin asked, "I'm your best friend, I might as well be allowed to see where you're staying!"

"You'll just bring my family!" Eunhyuk yelled, "Take me back!"

"I won't. I promise." Sungmin said gently.

"How do I know you won't?!" Eunhyuk asked.

Sungmin, who was trying to be as nice as possible about this, snapped.

"Why don't you trust me? I'm your best friend!" Sungmin yelled back, "I know your situation enough not to do that to you!"

Donghae and Kyuhyun, not knowing what was going on or what the two were talking about, just sat there silently.

After a few minutes, Eunhyuk and Sungmin calmed down.

"I suppose I can't make  you show me…" Sungmin said and took a sip of his drink.

"So we fought for a full five minutes and you realize that now?" Eunhyuk asked.

Sungmin shrugged.

 

After finishing their drinks, all of them got up.

"So… When'll you be back?" Sungmin asked, turning to his friend.

"I don't know… But if anyone asks… Don't tell them anything…" Eunhyuk pleaded.

"I won't." Sungmin promised. He was about to ask why Eunhyuk was trying to keep it so no one knew where he was, but he knew.

"We better get back, Hyukkie." Donghae said.

"It was nice meeting you Donghae." Sungmin said and waved, "And you too, Kyuhyun."

Sungmin handed Kyuhyun a folded paper, "My number. Maybe we can become better friends."

"Thanks." Kyuhyun said, tucking the paper into his pocket.

"Well I better get going. Nice seeing you Eunhyuk. Have fun." Sungmin said and began to walk away.

"Bye Sungmin." Eunhyuk said and walked away with Donghae and Kyuhyun.

 

At home, Donghae and Eunhyuk were sitting at the dinner table with Leeteuk and Kangin.

"So how was your day?" Leeteuk asked.

"It was fun! I got to meet Eunhyuk's best friend!" Donghae answered.

"Really?" Leeteuk asked, surprised. Then turned to Eunhyuk.

"Yeah, my friend was around and we saw each other."

"He was nice!" Donghae said.

"What was his name?" Leeteuk asked, curious.

"Sungmin." Donghae answered.

Leeteuk nodded.

"How was your day?" Donghae asked.

"It was good." Kangin said.

They finished their food and Eunhyuk went to his room.

"Hyukkie?" Donghae said, knocking on the door lightly.

Unlike usual, Eunhyuk opened the door.

"Yeah?"

"I'm going to bed. Good night. I hope you sleep well." Donghae said.

Eunhyuk nodded. He was about to shut the door but he stopped halfway, "You too." He said before shutting the door.

 

Chapter 12!
I really hope you liked it!
Thanks for reading and subscribing! ♥
Tell me what you thought of the chapter! Comments please! :)