Chapter 11

Because Of You

Eunhyuk's POV

At school, we went to the changing room to change into our gym clothes for P.E.

I quickly grabbed some borrowed clothes from Donghae and walked to a corner. As I lifted my shirt, I observed the bruises from the night I ran away. The night that my father had beaten me again.

I ran a finger over a bruise. I closed my eyes and dropped my hand. The bruises hurt…

I changed my shirt and pants then walked over to sit on a bench.

 

After school, Donghae and I walked home. The house was quiet.

"I'm home!" Donghae called out.

There was no answer.

"They must be out or something." Donghae said. I nodded.

I made my up to my room and shut the door behind me. As expected, Donghae knocked on my door a few minutes later.

The door creaked opened, "Hyukkie, I'm bored."

I stared at him then said, "Bored? We just got home less than 10 minutes ago!"

"I know… but still..." Donghae mumbled.

I sighed. This guy…

"Well what am I supposed to do about it?" I asked and crossed my arms. Donghae shrugged.

I shook my head, then why come to me?

"Go do your homework or something!" I said.

Donghae walked closer.

"We don't have homework." He informed me.

"Go read a book!"

"I want to hang out with you." He said, poking me in the stomach, right where a bruise was. Ouch! I tried not to show anything.

"Hm? Something wrong?" He asked.

"No, nothing. Look I can't hang out right now. I'm busy." I said and pushed him out of my room.

I slammed my door.

I took off my shirt and stepped in front of a mirror. I could see the bruises. So many… And so bad…

I laid down on my bed, not bothering to put my shirt back on.

 

Donghae's POV

"I want to hang out with you." I said. I poked Hyukkie in the stomach playfully. But as I did that, I saw a look of pain quickly come and go on his face. Does that hurt?

"Hm? Something wrong?" I asked, worried that I hurt him.

"No, nothing. Look I can't hang out right now. I'm busy." He pushed me out of his room and slammed his door as soon as I was out.

"Hyukkie…?" I said quietly to myself.

I walked to room and closed the door gently behind me. I sat on my bed and thought to myself. Did I hurt Hyukkie?

I shook my head, I should just forget it…

But… No, no, just forget it… I closed my eyes.

Slowly, I felt myself drift to sleep.

 

Eunhyuk's POV

I sighed, sat up, and put my shirt on.

I walked over to my backpack and grabbed my iPod out of one of the pockets. I put on my headphones and a song.

I started to dance. Dancing. It was one of the things that helped me feel better. Help me forget the pain.

 

Donghae's POV

I woke from noise coming from the room next to me.

I got up and walked over to Hyukkie's room. The room where the noise was.

I opened the door. I was about to ask him to be quieter, but no words would come out as I saw what he was doing. He was dancing. And he was amazing.

I probably stood there for 5 minutes before he turned and saw me.

He immediately stopped.

"Sorry, did I bother you?" He asked.

I shook my head, "No. It's fine."

He sighed, "I was terrible, wasn't I?"

Terrible? Not even CLOSE!

"No! You were amazing! Why would you think that?" I asked.

"My dad… he told me…" Hyukkie said quietly, head down.

"Your dad's wrong. You're amazing." I told him. And that's the complete truth.

"Thanks…" He said and gave me a small smile.

I like his smile.

 

Eunhyuk's POV

"Um… So… Wanna hang out now?" Donghae asked.

"Sure. I guess." I said before thinking. Why? Why am I saying okay? MOUTH WHY DID YOU DO THAT?

"Great! Let's go!" Donghae said and grabbed my wrist.

He took me to a café.

"A café?" I asked, "Why?"

"Because."

We sat down.

"Why are we here?" I asked again.

"Because." Same answer…

"I'm gonna go get a hot chocolate. What do you want?" He asked me, getting up.

"I'll have the same."

I watched him walk away. He said his order to a female cashier. Hey… She looks familiar… I stared at her for a few more moments until it finally hit me. TIFFANY! That's Tiffany! I can't let her see me!

Donghae paid and made his way back over.

"I-Is she gonna bring it here or are you gonna go get it when it's ready?" I asked, nervously.

"She's coming here, why?" Donghae asked, confused.

"The cashier… She's…"

I was interrupted by the cashier, "Here you go." She said.

I jumped and fell to the floor, pretending to look for something. Smooth Hyukjae. Smooth.

"Hyuk…?" Donghae asked.

"Are you okay?" Tiffany asked.

"Just fine," I said, my voice a lower pitch, "just dropped something."

"Do you need help finding it?" She asked me.

"No, I'm fine."

I watched Tiffany's feet and waited for her to leave. She left a few seconds later.

I got up, "Tiffany. I went to school with her before I came here." I said, finishing my sentence that I was saying before Tiffany came.

"What?"

"The cashier girl."

"Your friend?"

"Not really." I muttered, looking over at her.

"Why?" I looked at Donghae. Why? Why what?

"Why is she not my friend?" I asked, confused as to why he would ask that kind of question.

"No, why is that your answer every time someone asks if a person is your friend?" Donghae asked, his face serious.

I was quiet. I could tell him. Right now. How I was beaten. How I didn't feel loved. How I never bothered to make friends. How I only had one. How I hated my life. I could tell him everything. I opened my mouth to answer his question when the door opened. And in walked Sungmin.

 

I am so sorry for not updating in like a month!
I'll try my best to update more!
Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, and commenting! ♥
What did you think of the chapter? Comments please! ^^