Chapter 19

Because Of You

Sorry that I didn't update in a while. I was busy >.< Then when I wrote this, I had to edit it after which took a little while...
But I finally updated! And It's one of the longest chapters (that I remember)! :D
Hope you like the chapter!! ♥

 

 

Leeteuk opened the door. He walked over to the bed. All he saw was a lump.

"Donghae, wake up. You need to get ready for school." Leeteuk said.

"No…" Donghae said.

"Come on, you've been absent for a week…"

"No."

Leeteuk sighed and pulled the covers off of Donghae. Donghae had obviously been crying. His eyes were red and puffy, he looked tired.

Leeteuk sat down next to Donghae and hugged him. "I know it's hard. But it'll get better."

Donghae sniffed and wiped his tears.

"Can I go to school on Monday?" Donghae asked. Leeteuk sighed.

"You better. This is the last time I'm calling to say you're sick!" Leeteuk said then got up. He walked to the door. Before he closed it, he said, "I have some breakfast for you. You should eat it."

Donghae nodded.

 

Leeteuk hung up the phone.

"How is he?" Kangin asked.

"Well… He's staying home again…" Leeteuk sighed, "I'm worried about him! He hasn't been eating or sleeping properly for the past week!"

"Just give him some time. He'll get better." Kangin said, patting Leeteuk on the back.

"I hope so…"

They both turned when they heard footsteps on the stairs.

"Look who came out of his cave!" Kangin chuckled.

"Morning…" Donghae said then sat down at the table.

"Here, I made you some pancakes. Eat up!" Leeteuk smiled.

"Thanks…" Donghae said quietly then ate silently except for a couple sniffs occasionally.

Leeteuk and Kangin watched as Donghae ate, they were happy he finally left his room. He only left to use the bathroom, he even ate in his bedroom!

Donghae had eaten half of one pancake when he stood, "I'm full… Thank you…" Donghae then walked up the stairs and to his bedroom.

Leeteuk and Kangin sighed. Leeteuk cleaned up and Kangin and stood in the kitchen, talking and comforting the worried Leeteuk.

 

Donghae stared at his ceiling. It was after noon now, and school was ending. His window was open so he heard the students walking home. He was surprised when a rock flew threw his window and hit his door. He got up and went to his window. He saw Kyuhyun and Ryeowook looking up at him. He waved slightly.

"We're coming in!" Kyuhyun yelled then walked to the front door.

"Are you sure it's okay to come uninvited?" Ryeowook asked.

"Yeah, it's fine. I'm Cho Kyuhyun, it should be fine because I'm me." Kyuhyun replied. Ryeowook knocked on the door.

Leeteuk opened the door.

"Hello, sorry for coming uninvited." Ryeowook bowed.

"Can we see Donghae hyung?" Kyuhyun asked. Leeteuk nodded.

The two teens walked in, took off their shoes and walked up the stairs. Kyuhyun walked into Donghae's room, not bothering to knock.

"Would it kill you to knock?" Donghae asked.

"Yes." Kyuhyun joked.

Ryeowook rolled his eyes. "Are you okay?"

Donghae nodded.

"Lies." Kyuhyun said. Ryeowook elbowed him in the stomach.

Ryeowook hugged Donghae, "I know Eunhyuk leaving was hard. But things will get better."

"Yeah, you'll find someone new. And better." Kyuhyun agreed.

"I don't want him to be a memory. And no one will be better than Eunhyuk." Donghae said.

"Of course someone will be!" Kyuhyun said.

"Shut up Kyu!" Ryeowook finally yelled. He turned to Donghae, "Hyung…Do you… love Eunhyuk?"

Donghae nodded, "I think so…"

"Why?"

"Well… I thought about if I lost Kyu, I probably wouldn't be this messed up." Donghae explained, "So if I lose one of you guys, I wouldn't be as bad. Obviously there is something special about Hyukkie…"

Kyuhyun scoffed, "You would be so messed up if you lost me, you'd be like… this times ten."

"I wouldn't be a mess either." Ryeowook said.

Kyuhyun pouted and crossed his arms. He sat on the bed and sulked.

Ryeowook looked at Donghae, "You need cheering up! Come on!" Ryeowook pulled Donghae up from the bed. "Get dressed! We'll be here when you're done."

Donghae nodded and slowly left the room. When the door shut, Ryeowook turned to Kyuhyun.

"Can't you be a little bit nicer to him? He just lost the boy he loves!" Ryeowook scolded.

"Fine, fine. Sorry." Kyuhyun huffed. The door opened and Donghae came in.

"Come on! Let's go!" Ryeowook grabbed Donghae's wrist and pulled him downstairs and out the door, Kyuhyun following close behind.

"Where are we going?" Donghae asked. Ryeowook shrugged.

"There's gonna be a party at Hyunwoo's house! We should go!" Kyuhyun said with a grin.

"No thanks…" Donghae sighed.

"Please?" Kyuhyun asked.

Ryeowook nodded, "Yeah, parties are fun! We should go!"

Donghae sighed and nodded. The two teens grinned and began to make their way to Hyunwoo's house, dragging their sad friend with them.

 

By the time they got to Hyunwoo's house, it was getting dark and the party was about to begin. People were showing up. They could hear music from outside.

"This'll be fun!" Kyuhyun grinned. Ryeowook knocked on the door and Hyunwoo greeted them happily.

"Oh! Donghae! You came!"

Donghae smiled weakly. Shindong walked up.

"Hey!"

"Hi…" Donghae replied.

"I'm sorry about Hyuk." Shindong said.

Donghae shook his head, "It's fine."

The three teens walked in. The music was playing loudly, teenagers everywhere.

"Is that…" Kyuhyun nodded to the counter.

"Beer? Yeah." Shindong said.

"I'm gonna get something to drink." Kyuhyun said then walked to the counter. Ryeowook rolled his eyes.

"Do you want something to drink, hyung?" Ryeowook asked.

"I don't drink, you know that." Donghae said.

"I meant like a water or a soda." Ryeowook chuckled.

"Oh, then, yeah." Donghae nodded.

"Woah! Oppa! You're here! I thought you were sick!" Hyoyeon said.

"I was dragged out by those two." Donghae gestured to Ryeowook and Kyuhyun.

"Is Eunhyuk oppa with you?" Hyoyeon asked, "He hasn't been at school either."

Donghae looked down, "…No…"

"Oh… Ok…" Hyoyeon said, "If you seen him, tell him I said hi!" Then the pretty blonde girl walked with a shorter girl.

"Here." Ryeowook gave Donghae the soda.

"Thanks." Donghae gulped it down.

"Slow down!" Ryeowook laughed.

Hyoyeon returned after Donghae finished. "Wanna dance?"

Donghae shrugged, "Sure!"

The two made their way to the crowd of people and started dancing to the music.

After half an hour of dancing, Donghae was really thirsty. "I'll be back Hyo, I'm gonna get something to drink!"

Hyoyeon nodded then disappeared into the crowd of people.

Donghae went to the counter and grabbed a drink. He took a gulp.

"This is weird soda." Donghae mumbled but continued to drink it until he finished. Even though it was weird, he liked it, so he grabbed another and drank. When he finished, he went to look for his friends.

He spent an hour looking but didn’t find them. He shrugged then went to get something to drink again. He went through a few cups before he started to feel weird. "Probably too much soda…"

He decided to sit down. He wobbled to  chair and waited for his friends to find him.

"Hyung! There you are!" Kyuhyun slurred. He wobbled and leaned on Donghae.

"Where's Wookie?" Donghae asked.

Kyuhyun shrugged. "Here. Drink."

Donghae shrugged and drank it, thinking it was more soda. Donghae was definitely not feeling right now.

"I'm hungry…" Donghae mumbled.

"There are some brownies over there." Kyuhyun pointed at the counter. Donghae smiled and wobbled over to the counter to eat some. He ate one then sat back down.

"OH, sorry… Did you want one?" Donghae asked. Kyuhyun nodded then went over. He was about to eat one when Ryeowook slapped it out of his hand.

"Kyu! Those are drugged!"

"That… was my brownie! You killed my brownie!"Kyuhyun complained.

"I'd rather kill your brownie than have you be drugged!" Ryeowook replied then paused. Then realized something. "Are you drunk?"

"Hehe, maybe." Kyuhyun sang.

"Of course you would get drunk when Donghae hyung needs us!" Ryeowook sighed.

Kyuhyun pouted.

"Where's Hyung?" Ryeowook asked.

Kyuhyun pointed at Donghae who was laughing hysterically.

"What did you do to him?!" Ryeowook asked and rushed to Donghae.

"Nothing!"

Ryeowook shut Donghae up and pulled him to his feet.

"I'm taking him home, he's drunk and high." Ryeowook grabbed Donghae's wrist and began to pull him to the front door, but he stopped. He thought for a moment then grabbed Kyuhyun's wrist and pulled as well.

 

Ryeowook sighed, "How will I explain to Teukie Hyung?" He looked at his two friends who were laughing hysterically at every little thing while wobbling as they walked.

Ryeowook knocked on the front door of Donghae's house.

The door opened and Kangin greeted them as they entered the house.

"I know it's wrong to ask, but may Kyu and I spend the night?" Ryeowook asked.

"Um…sure." Leeteuk said.

Ryeowook bowed, "Thank you." He said then dragged the other two up the stairs and into Donghae's room, shutting and locking the door behind them.

"I can't believe you got drunk!" Ryeowook scolded Kyuhyun who was about to pass out.

Ryeowook sighed and called his parents and Kyuhyun's parents.

 

It was dark when Donghae woke up. He felt really weird and he didn't like it. He looked around his room, he saw Kyuhyun asleep on the floor and Ryeowook asleep in a chair. How did he even get home, he wondered. He shrugged, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun probably brought him home. He slipped out of bed and out of the room. He went into the room Eunhyuk had stayed in. He looked around, trying to find something Eunhyuk had maybe forgotten. He eventually gave up and accepted that there was nothing left. He sat down near the window and looked up at the moon. A tear slipped from his eye. He missed Eunhyuk. He loved Eunhyuk.

Donghae thought of everything. Finding Eunhyuk, bringing him home, seeing Eunhyuk had left, Eunhyuk's phone, introducing Eunhyuk to Ryeowook, the two of them going to school, all of it. He thought of the night Eunhyuk left. He replayed every part of it. Over and over again. He remembered it until it hurt and he cried.

"Hyukkie…"
 

Chapter 19~
Hope you liked it!
Tell me what you thought! ♥
Thanks for subscribing, commenting and reading!! ♥
Comment please! I wanna hear what you thought! And it motivates me to write (which makes for faster updates) ♥