Chapter 5

Because Of You

Eunhyuk sighed then took out some pajamas from his backpack. He got dressed then hopped into bed, covering himself with the sheets. He reached over and flipped the light switch, shutting the lights off.

Yawning, Eunhyuk rested his head on his pillow.

Soon, it grew later in the night. Eunhyuk was still awake. He opened his eyes and sighed. He looked over at the clock. 1:00am. He heard footsteps going past his room. He assumed it was Donghae or Leeteuk going to bed.

After a few minutes, Eunhyuk shifted and was on his side, facing the window in the room. He was staring at the moon when he heard his door creak open.

"Good night, Eunhyuk." The person who entered whispered. Eunhyuk thought it sounded like Donghae. Eunhyuk stayed still, hoping Donghae would leave.

After a minute, Donghae finally exited the room. The door shut and Eunhyuk sat up. He stretched then yawned. Realizing he had spent the last hour trying to fall asleep, he pushed the sheets off. He walked over to the window that he was looking out of. He lifted the window pane and threw one leg over the window sill then the other. He was sitting on the window sill, he feet on the part of roof under his window.

Eunhyuk rested his head on the side of the window frame and looked at the moon. Remember how many times he had found himself sitting like how he was while he heard screaming and shouting from his parents.

He stayed like that that for half an hour until he finally decided to go back inside. He shut the window and made his way back to bed. As he slipped into bed, he looked at the clock. 1:30am. He yawned and shut his eyes.

A few seconds later, he was asleep.

 

The next morning, Eunhyuk woke up with the sun shining in his face. He covered his face with his pillow.

The door swung open.

"GOOD MORNING!" Two voices said cheerfully.

Eunhyuk groaned and lifted the pillow off his face.

"Did you sleep well?" Leeteuk asked.

"Yeah, sure." Eunhyuk said and sat up.

"Come on! We'll make you breakfast!" Donghae said and pulled Eunhyuk out of bed.

 

Eunhyuk was brought to the dining table and sat down. Donghae set down some cereal.

"Thanks." Eunhyuk mumbled.

Donghae grinned and sat down across from Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk fixed himself a bowl of cereal and ate in silence. Donghae watched him the whole time.

"How long do you plan on watching me? It's creepy." Eunhyuk said finally, looking up at Donghae.

"Sorry, was I staring?" Donghae said and blinked.

"Yes. You were." Eunhyuk said and got up. He put his bowl in the sink and walked back to his room.

"I think he's grumpy." Donghae said and pouted.

"It's okay. He just met us yesterday. He'll come around." Leeteuk said.

 

Eunhyuk shut his door and took out some clothes. He changed and went to the bathroom and brushed his teeth.

Eunhyuk grabbed his backpack and went to the front door.

"Eunhyuk? Where are you going?" Leeteuk asked.

"Somewhere." Eunhyuk said as he put on his shoes.

"You can you leave your stuff." Leeteuk said.

Eunhyuk sighed and dropped his backpack on the floor and opened the door.

"Be back before 3!" Leeteuk called.

Eunhyuk walked out and shut the door behind him.

 

Eunhyuk walked around, finding his way into town. He found a park and sat down on a bench. He sighed, he kept thinking that he should've just kept his stuff and left. Gone somewhere else.

He was so lost in thought he almost didn't notice his phone buzzing in his front pocket. He took out his phone. He pushed the talk button and held the phone to his ear.

"Hello?" Eunhyuk said.

"Hyuk? Are you okay?" A worried voice said.

"Oh, Sungmin. I'm fine. Why do you ask?" Eunhyuk asked.

"You're not at school. Are you sick?" Sungmin asked.

"I'm fine, Min." Eunhyuk assured his best friend.

There was silence.

"I won't be at school for a while. I'm fine. Don't worry." Eunhyuk said finally.

"Why? Did something happen?" Sungmin asked.

"Sorta." Eunhyuk answered, "I gotta go. Talk to you later."

Eunhyuk hung up then made his way back to Leeteuk's house. He had no idea why he was going back. He could just leave his stuff and buy replacements.

 

"Eunhyuk!" A happy voice said from behind him. Eunhyuk turned.

"Oh. Donghae."

"Are you going home? Let's walk together." Donghae said with a smile.

Eunhyuk remained silent as Donghae started walking next to him.

There was an awkward silence until they got to the neighborhood.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" Eunhyuk asked suddenly, breaking the silence.

"Because." Donghae said with a shrug.

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes. He'd just ask Leeteuk later.

When they reached the driveway of Leeteuk's house, they noticed another car.

"Oh! Hyung's here!" Donghae said with a smile then ran up to the front door.

"Who's here?" Eunhyuk asked as Donghae opened the door.

 

Chapter 5! :D
I hope you liked it!
Thanks for reading and subscribing! ♥