Chapter 21

Because Of You

Sungmin woke to Eunhyuk laughing.

"Hyuk?" Sungmin said sleepily and sat up.

"Hi baby."

"Oh! Kyu!"

Kyuhyun kissed Sungmin on the cheek and Eunhyuk brought some food over to the couch.

"Morning."

Sungmin took some food and began eating.

"You guys must've had some party."

"Not really…" Eunhyuk laughed. Sungmin looked at Eunhyuk in surprise.

"Then what's with this mess?"

"We had a two person party. We watched movies and ate junk."

"That would explain why no one else is here…"

Eunhyuk laughed again.

Sungmin was suspicious. Why was Eunhyuk laughing? He was happy Eunhyuk was happy but why was he? He had been so down lately.

"Hey baby, get dressed, we're gonna go somewhere." Kyuhyun said.

"What about Hyuk?"

"It's fine, I have somewhere to be later." Eunhyuk said.

Sungmin nodded and went upstairs to get dressed and Eunhyuk packed up his stuff.

"Where are you going?"

"Back."

"Back?"

Eunhyuk nodded and left, yelling a goodbye to Sungmin as he walked out the door.

"Back?" Kyuhyun was confused at what that meant but he shook it off and waited for his boyfriend.

 

Eunhyuk entered his house then went to the kitchen.

"Hi Hyukjae. How was your sleepover?"

"It was good, mom. I'm gonna go visit a friend."

"Oh, okay… Be safe! Have fun!" Eunhyuk's mom said as Eunhyuk left the kitchen.

Eunhyuk opened the door, "I will!" He said then left.

He hailed a taxi then told the address. Eunhyuk stared out the window. What if they kicked him out? What if they hated him? Fear began to sink in and he wondered if he should forget about visiting them.

"No… Min said they miss me…" Eunhyuk whispered. He could stop the taxi now and turn back. But he didn't.  He just kept going.

The taxi wasn't quite in the neighborhood yet, but Eunhyuk stopped the taxi. "You can let me out here."

The taxi driver nodded and Eunhyuk paid.

Eunhyuk went into a doughnut shop and decided to buy some doughnuts for Leeteuk, Kangin, and Donghae. As he was leaving the shop, he was grabbed and brought into an alley. Eunhyuk started to panic. What if it was the guys who tried to hurt him last time. He started struggling against the person and kicked randomly.

"Hyukjae, stop struggling!"

Eunhyuk's eyes widened and he stopped moving completely. He was eventually pushed onto the ground. He looked up at the man in front of him.

"Father…"

"Where the hell did you run off to for so long?"

"I-I-I-"

"I actually don't care." His father said then slapped him across the face. "You ran off. You left home. That's against the rules."

Eunhyuk knew what was coming so he curled into a ball and waited for the next blow.

"Now you have to be punished."

Eunhyuk braced himself and wasn't surprised at all when he was kicked hard in the back. The kicking continued. Over and over again.

'Get help…' He needed help but no one was around. He had do help himself. He had fight back. When there was a pause in his father's attacks, Eunhyuk slowly got up. He clenched his fist and punched his father square in the jaw. His father staggered back, clearly surprised at his son.

"Now, where did you get the nerve to fight back?"

Eunhyuk's face hardened, "A fish taught me."

"A fish? Stupid AND crazy. You should just die before you mess up the world you live in."

"You're garbage. You are the scum of the Earth and you never deserved to have Mom."

"I never loved her."

"I didn't think you did. If you had, you wouldn't have treated her like !" Eunhyuk yelled.

"Don't speak to me like that!"

"Why?! Does it hurt your feelings? Well how about how much abuse, both verbal and physical, you put me through!"

"Letting you live is my biggest regret!" Eunhyuk's father yelled then struck him across the face.

"Never telling anyone about you is mi-" Eunhyuk was punched hard in the gut and kneeled over in pain.

"I should kill you now, rid the world of something so worthless."

Eunhyuk groaned in pain then stood. 'Get help!' he thought and saw someone walk by.

Eunhyuk took a deep breath then screamed, "HELP!"

 

Donghae was taking a walk, hoping to clear his mind. He felt a bit happier. Kyuhyun went to hang out with Sungmin and Ryeowook was busy at the diner so he was alone. He stopped to get a snack then continued walking. He waved a pretty girl who waved at him first. All was happy and cheerful when he heard something. A loud scream for help. The voice was familiar. He stopped in his tracks when he finally realized who's voice it was.

"Hyuk?" Donghae's eyes widened, "Hyukjae!" He his heels and sprinted to where the cry came from.

"HELP!" it came again.

Donghae stopped and saw two figures in a dark alley.

"HE-" The cry was cut off and Donghae ran to them.

"Hyukjae!" Donghae cried when he saw Eunhyuk on the ground, curled in a ball, being kicked repeatedly.

The man stopped and turned to Donghae, "Get out of here." he ordered.

"No! Stop!"  Donghae yelled.

"Do as I say if you value your life!"

"No!"

Eunhyuk's father directed his attention to Donghae.

"Who do you think you are?"

Donghae was scared now, he gulped.

"Donghae, go." Eunhyuk said weakly.

"No! He'll beat you until you're dead!" Donghae yelled.

"Go! I'd rather die than you die. Go."

Donghae stared at Eunhyuk then clenched his fist.

"No." Donghae said then punched Eunhyuk's father in face.

Eunhyuk's father stumbled back and held his eye.

"You brat!" Eunhyuk father said loudly. He lunged at Donghae and began punched. Donghae, a not very skilled fighter, couldn't defend himself well and was punched until he too was curled in a ball and being kicked.

Eunhyuk couldn't bare seeing Donghae like that and shakily and slowly got up.

"Stop…" Eunhyuk said quietly then use his remaining strength to run at his father and tackle him to the ground.

"Hyuk!" Donghae cried.

"Run! Call the police!" Eunhyuk yelled. Donghae nodded and ran away.

 

Donghae ran into a café nearby and dialed the number.

"Hello, what is your emergency?"

"M-My friend! He's being beat up in an alley! Please come help!"

Donghae gave more information then hung up. He waited for the police.

A few minutes later, a police car drove up. Donghae got in and directed them to the alley.

 

Eunhyuk was doing his best at keeping his father in the alley but was lacking energy and strength.

"You little brat! I'll kill you!" Eunhyuk father yelled then was about to smash his son's head into a wall when the police arrived.

"Release the boy!" They ordered.

Eunhyuk's father smirked, then pushed Eunhyuk into the wall. His head hit the wall hard. The blow to the head, along with how much he had already been beaten caused him to pass out.

"Eunhyuk!" Donghae cried.

The police ran at Eunhyuk's father and arrested him.

"It was worth it! I rid the world of a worthless life!" Eunhyuk's father laughed.

The police shoved him into the backseat of the car.

"Call an ambulance." One policeman said to another. The latter nodded then called for medical help.

Tears started to fall from Donghae's eyes and he ran to Eunhyuk's side.

"Eunhyuk? Wake up! He's gone!" Donghae said, shaking his friend slightly, "Wake up! Hyuk!"

"Nnngh…" Eunhyuk groaned.

Donghae smiled in relief when Eunhyuk woke.

"Your dad's gone. Police are taking him away. An ambulance will be here soon." Donghae smiled.

"I'm sorry." Eunhyuk apologized.

"For what?" Donghae asked, confused.

"My father wouldn't have hurt you if it weren't for me."

"I don't care. I'm just glad you're okay."

Eunhyuk smiled.

An ambulance arrived and Eunhyuk was taken in. Donghae got in the ambulance as well and sat next to Eunhyuk.

 

At the hospital, they checked him.

"He'll be fine. No concussion or broken bones, just a few bruises and cuts." A doctor told Donghae.

"Thank you." Donghae bowed and went in to see Eunhyuk.

"Hey!" Donghae grinned.

"Hey."

"How are you?" Donghae asked and sat in the chair next to the bed.

"Been better. But I'm not that bad." Eunhyuk replied.

Donghae smiled.

"Hae."

Donghae looked at Eunhyuk, "Yeah?"

"About me running away… Sungmin said I always push people away and never tell them about my dad. I always run away in fear that they'll think I'm a freak." Eunhyuk explained, "I'm sorry… I guess he was right…"

"You didn't push me away. You told me." Donghae said.

"But I ran away."

"But you came back." Donghae smiled.

Sungmin, Kyuhyun, Kangin, Leeteuk, and Eunhyuk's mother and sister burst into the room.

"Hyukjae!" Eunhyuk's mother and sister cried.

"Hyuk! Are you okay?" Sungmin asked. The three rushed to his side.

"I'm fine." Eunhyuk explained.

"Your father truly is a monster." Eunhyuk's mother said.

"The police took him away." Donghae said.

"Donghae! Are you okay?" Leeteuk asked, noticing the bruises on Donghae's arms and on his cheek.

"I'm fine."

"Are you a friend on Hyukjae's?" Eunhyuk's mother asked.

Donghae nodded.

"Mom, these are the people to who took me in. Leeteuk, Kangin, and Donghae."

"Thank you for taking care of my son."

"You're welcome. He's a very nice boy."

Sungmin noticed how Eunhyuk and Donghae were looking at each other and smiled.

"I think they need to talk in private. Let's go." Sungmin suggested.

Everyone left the room. There was an awkward silence. The two teens didn't know what they were supposed to say or do.

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?"

"Your dad… He did this to you."

"Don't apologize. It's not your fault."  Eunhyuk said.

"I know but I just felt an apology was needed."

"Well it shouldn't be from you."

"I know…"

"Thank you, by the way." Eunhyuk said.

"For what?"

"Everything. You took me in, you taught me how to live, you protected me, you helped me." Eunhyuk looked in Donghae's eyes deeply, "Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me."

"Maybe I don't. But I felt I needed to." Eunhyuk smiled his gummy smile. Donghae smiled back.

••••

"Ow! Hae, stop!" Eunhyuk said. Donghae stopped and put Eunhyuk's arm down. Donghae had been pulling on Eunhyuk's bruised arm.

"Sorry. I forgot."

 Eunhyuk laughed.

A fast pop song began playing.

"Oh! I like this song!" Donghae said.

"Then let's dance." Eunhyuk grinned. Donghae smiled and nodded.

The two teens went onto the dance floor and began dancing. They were at the graduation party one of Eunhyuk's classmates invited Eunhyuk to. He had decided to go last minute and brought Donghae with him. They danced for a few songs then stopped.

Sungmin came over with two cups in his hands, Kyuhyun behind him.

"Here. You look thirsty." Sungmin said and handed Donghae and Eunhyuk the cups. They took them.

"We finally graduated!" The four teens toasted. Kyuhyun wrapped his arm around Sungmin's shoulders.

Donghae began talking but Eunhyuk wasn't really paying attention.

Eunhyuk watched Donghae talk, Sungmin laugh, and Kyuhyun smile and chuckle occasionally. He was happy he had run away. If he hadn't, he would have never met Donghae. He wouldn't be happy. He wouldn't know how to have fun. He wouldn't know how to laugh or smile truly. He wouldn't know love. Running away was the best thing he had ever done.

"We're gonna go chat with people. Bye!" Sungmin said and the couple walked off.

Donghae drank his drink and was watching other teens dance and have fun.

"Wanna go outside?" Donghae asked. Eunhyuk nodded and followed Donghae outside.

They went to the deck in the back of the house and leaned on a railing and looked up at the twinkling stars in sky. No one else was there. They could hear the thumping of the bouncy pop music. Eunhyuk smiled gently.

Donghae looked at Eunhyuk. The latter was still looking up in the sky and didn't notice. Donghae couldn't help but smile. Seeing Eunhyuk smiling happily made him happy as well.

Eunhyuk turned to Donghae. Their eyes met. They looked each other in the eyes for a few seconds before slowly leaning forward. Their eyes closed as their lips met and pressed together gently. The music seemed to have faded and it was as if there was nothing else in the world. It was just the two of them. The kiss lasted a few seconds and when they separated, they returned to reality.

Donghae and Eunhyuk both blushed.

"Um…" Eunhyuk mumbled, not sure what to say.

"I love you." Donghae blurted.

Eunhyuk was surprised. He already knew Donghae loved him, but hearing it come of Donghae's mouth surprised him.

"I… I love you too." Eunhyuk replied shyly.

Donghae smiled and kissed Eunhyuk again, wrapping his arms around Eunyuk's neck. Eunhyuk wrapped his arms around Donghae's waist. Eunhyuk's heart began beating quicker and Donghae felt like the happiest person in the world. They separated and pressed their foreheads together, looking at each other and smiling gently.

"I love you." They said in unison.

They stood there, under the stars, looking at each other lovingly.

 

Last Chapter!
I really hope you liked it! I think this is my favorite fanfic I have written so far. And this chapter is the longest one in the fanfic! :D
Thank you to all of you who read, subscribed, up-voted, and commented! It really means a lot that you liked my fic! Also thank you to the ones who stuck with this fanfic even during the times when my updates were a month apart! Thank you, thank you, thank you! ♥♥♥♥

 

Also, I'd really appreicate it if you checked out my newest fanfic, Super Junior Loves YOU!
It's a bunch of short chapters starring you and Super Junior! ♥ Hope you like it!
And look out for any future fanfics I write! Thanks! ;)

If anyone has a tumblr or twitter, follow me please! mokpostrawberryfishy.tumblr.com (used to be bluerose-bluesky.tumblr.com) and @KiwiBells13
(on twitter)

Thanks everyone! Please leave me a comment about what you thought of the ending! ♥ I guess this is goodbye. (Unless you read my other fanfics and future fics! *hint hint* hehe) Thank you again. ♥♥♥