Chapter 16

Because Of You

Eunhyuk was rolled out of bed by Donghae. Eunhyuk met the floor with a thud. Donghae tried to pick him up, but ended up falling next to Eunhyuk.

"Nn… Donghae… What are you doing?" Eunhyuk asked sleepily.

"Waking you up!" Donghae said cheerfully, "You gonna learn to ride a bike!"

"I… Don't wanna…" Eunhyuk grabbed a pillow and hugged it tight, hoping to sleep again. Donghae laughed.

"You're lazy. Come on!"

Eunhyuk groaned and slowly rose from the floor. Clothes were thrown at him a few minutes later. Donghae was pushed out of the room and Eunhyuk changed. He went to the bathroom and brushed his teeth.

"Good morning Eunhyuk." Leeteuk greeted.

"Morning. Did you two have a nice trip?" Eunhyuk asked as he ate an apple.

Kangin nodded.

"What were you two up to?" Leeteuk asked.

"School, hung out with friends. You know, regular stuff." Donghae shrugged.

Eunhyuk was only half way done with his apple when Donghae dragged him to put his shoes on.

"Can't I eat breakfast first?" Eunhyuk asked as he put on his sneakers.

"You did. An apple." Donghae replied.

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes and Donghae took him outside.

"Those two seem close now." Kangin said. Leeteuk smiled and nodded.

 

"Okay, sit down on the seat and grab the handlebars." Donghae explained. Eunhyuk did as he was told.

"I'll hold on to you, just pedal." Donghae said. Eunhyuk nodded then nervously began pedaling. He wobbled up Donghae helped him stay up.

"Good job!" Donghae complimented. "Now just keep pedaling. Just a little faster, and you'll stay upright."

Eunhyuk pedaled faster.

"Donghae! I'm riding a bike!" Eunhyuk looked back, expecting to see Donghae holding the bike still. But Donghae had let go. He was riding on his own!

"Good job, Hyukkie!" Donghae called after him.

"Wait… How do you stop this thing?!" Eunhyuk cried and started to panic. He lost his balance and crashed into the ground. Donghae ran and helped him.

"Are you okay?" Donghae asked. Eunhyuk nodded and knocked on the helmet on his head.

"You did good!" Donghae said and hugged Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk was surprised. He was being hugged. He hugged back. He wasn't really thinking, but it just happened.

"Wanna try again?" Donghae asked, letting go. Eunhyuk looked at the bike on the ground then nodded. Donghae grinned then put the bike back on its wheels. Eunhyuk walked up and got on.

"Ready?" Donghae asked, holding on to the seat. Eunhyuk nodded and began pedaling again. Donghae let go the second Eunhyuk started moving forward. Donghae watched as Eunhyuk rode the bike around the street. He smiled.

Then it began. Every weekend, Donghae would take Eunhyuk to do random things, from skateboarding to singing karaoke.

 

Eunhyuk was singing slightly off key and Donghae was laughing.

"Aigoo, hana, deul." Then Eunhyuk began singing the three notes in Good Day by IU. He failed miserably. Donghae was laughing so hard he fell of his chair. the song ended and Eunhyuk and crossed his arms, standing in front of Donghae, who was currently rolling on the floor, laughing, holding his sides.

"Seriously! I wasn't that bad!" Eunhyuk cried. Donghae calmed down and slowly got up.

"You sing!" Eunhyuk shoved the microphone into Donghae's hands.

Donghae chuckled then nodded, picking Alone by Sistar. Donghae started dancing and singing.

Eunhyuk tried to contain his laughter. But that, like his singing, failed.

Donghae smiled, and came closer to the laughing teenager.

Finally, the two got tired and went home.

"That was fun." Eunhyuk smiled. In the past months that he'd been with Donghae, he'd been happier. He learned how to laugh for real, smile for real, feel happiness. He knew he'd have to go back to where he came from, but he was better. And maybe, he could hold himself together until he became a legal adult and could live on his own.

 

Eunhyuk and Donghae were sitting in Donghae's room. Eunhyuk on one side, and Donghae on the other, they were bouncing a bouncy ball back and forth.

"So… Why don't you believe in love?" Donghae asked suddenly.

"Huh?" Eunhyuk looked up.

"Why don't you believe in love?" Donghae repeated.

Eunhyuk shook his head then caught the ball. He held it up. Leeteuk called both of them down.

"Eunhyuk, Donghae, can you go get some take-out?" Leeteuk asked.

"Sure, hyung." Donghae replied and the two teens left.

As they walked to a fast food place, Eunhyuk looked anywhere but where Donghae was. How was he supposed to answer Donghae's question? How was he supposed to tell him he was abused and that he's unloved?! That'll lead to more questions! And UGH! He couldn't even THINK about this! Eunhyuk took a deep breath, maybe Donghae forgot about the question already!

The two arrived at a fast food place.

"What do you want?" Donghae asked, waiting in line.

"I'll have a burger." Eunhyuk answered.

Donghae nodded, "Fries? Coke?"

"Sure. Hey, I'm gonna go to the restroom."

Donghae nodded and Eunhyuk walked away. The moment he walked into the restroom, Eunhyuk regretted it. At the sink, looking in the mirror was his father.

'!' Eunhyuk thought and turned around on his heel. He exited the restroom, and quickly made his way to Donghae.

Donghae was waiting for the order. When Eunhyuk walked up, he raised his eyebrow.

"Are you okay?" Donghae asked.

"Peachy."

"Did something happen in the restroom?"

"No!" Eunhyuk said quickly.

Donghae shook his head and laughed lightly, "You're weird."

Eunhyuk laughed nervously as he saw his dad exit the restroom. He turned and pretended to be inspecting whatever was in front of him. Which happened to a trash can.

"Um… Are you okay?" Donghae asked again.

"Yeah, why?" Eunhyuk didn't look away from the trash, afraid if he did, he'd come face to face with his father.

"You're practically in the garbage, that's why." Donghae laughed.

"Oh!" Eunhyuk backed up a bit, realizing what he was doing.

"Order 13!" A worker called. Donghae walked up and got the food.

"Come on, Hyukkie, let's go home!" Donghae called and Eunhyuk ran full speed for the door. He didn't have enough time to actually open the door before he ran into it. Donghae walked up and pushed the door open. Eunhyuk fell forward but caught himself before he met the ground.

"You're acting weird. Are you sure you're okay?" Donghae asked, concerned.

"I'm fine! I'm fine! Let's just get home!" Eunhyuk replied.

 

Eunhyuk sighed and jumped onto his bed. That was close! His father could've seen him! That'd be terrible! He'd get the worst beating imaginable! He hugged a pillow close and sighed again.

"I'll have to go back eventually…" He said to himself.

His phone buzzed, a text. He opened the text.

I'm coming back!!!

-Minnie

­Eunhyuk smiled, Sungmin was coming for a visit.

He yawned and went to sleep.

 

Chapter 16~~~~~
OMG I haven't updated in forever! Gah! I'm such a lazy person XD
But thank you for reading and subscribing! And waiting for my updates :) ♥
So what did you think of the chapter? Comments please! :)