Chapter 15

Because Of You

It had been a week since they went to the arcade. Donghae was bored. It was a weekend. It was Saturday morning. He was at home. He was bored.

Eunhyuk slowly walked down stairs.

"Hyukkie!" Donghae cried. He finally had someone to hang out with! "Why'd you wake up so late?"

Eunhyuk shrugged, opening the refrigerator to get some juice.

"Wanna go somewhere?" Donghae asked, hopping over to Eunhyuk.

"No thanks." Eunhyuk sighed. He grabbed an apple.

Donghae watched Eunhyuk plop into a chair and bite into the apple. Donghae sat down next his friend.

"What's wrong?" Donghae asked.

"Nothing." Eunhyuk lied.

"Are you sure? You look super sad!" Donghae poked Eunhyuk in the cheek.

"I'm fine."

"Tell me. Please?"

"Where's Leeteuk and Kangin?" Eunhyuk asked, trying to change the subject.

"They left for the week. Some business to take care of." Donghae answered, "Now tell what's wrong."

Eunhyuk sighed and looked at Donghae. "It's nothing. Really. I'm just really tired."

"Oh… Okay…" Donghae said quietly.

Eunhyuk threw away the apple core and put his empty glass in his sink.

"I'm going to my room." Eunhyuk told Donghae as he climbed the stairs.

'What's wrong with him?' Donghae thought. 'He was fine yesterday.'

 

Eunhyuk grabbed his phone and re-read the text his sister sent him.

They're officially split up. Please come home.

His parents were officially not married. How long was he gone? A month? What would happen to him? He guessed that would be worked out later on.

He shut his phone and put it on the side table. It saddened him actually. But he saw it coming. He knew it would happen eventually.

Donghae knocked on Eunhyuk's door.

"What?" Eunhyuk asked. The door opened slightly and Donghae stepped inside.

"You're upset. Don't lie. I know you are." Donghae said, "And since you didn't really leave your house when you were younger, why don't we go somewhere?"

"Like where?" Eunhyuk asked, curious.

"We're going to my friend Shindong's house."

"And how will that help me?" Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow.

"You'll see." Donghae said and pulled Eunhyuk up.

"Alright…" Eunhyuk sighed and followed Donghae downstairs. There was a bag on the kitchen table.

"What's in there?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Something we'll need." Donghae said. "Put on your shoes."

Eunhyuk did as he was told. Donghae put on his shoes as well.

 

Donghae rang the doorbell of his friend's house.

"You're here!" Shindong said. Behind him were Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, and some other people Eunhyuk didn't know.

They entered the house.

"Eunhyuk, this is Shindong."

"Nice to meet you." Eunhyuk bowed.

"You too!"

"This is Siwon, Zhou Mi, Henry and Yesung."

Eunhyuk backed up when he saw Yesung.

"Oh, hey, you're Eunhyuk." Yesung said.

"Y-Yeah."

"I thought you were sick." Yesung walked closer to Eunhyuk.

"O-Oh… Um…"

"He's staying with me, don't tell anyone though." Donghae interrupted. Yesung nodded. "Okay."

"What're you doing here?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Ryeowook's my boyfriend." Yesung answered.

Eunhyuk nodded.

"Okay! Let's get started!" Shindong said and let them to the backyard.

"What's going on?" Eunhyuk asked Donghae. Donghae chuckled then reached into the plastic kiddie pool. He threw something at Eunhyuk and water splashed his face.

"What the heck?!" Eunhyuk wiped his face. He looked around and saw a everyone aiming either water guns or water balloons at him.

"NOT FAIR!" Eunhyuk cried and lunged for the pool to grab a balloon. Everyone started to fire.

Everyone was laughing and throwing balloons or shooting water at each other. Eunhyuk was throwing randomly.

They ran out of balloons and the war ended.

Donghae laughed and put his arm around Eunhyuk.

"Cheered up?" Donghae asked.

Eunhyuk laughed and grabbed a hose. He pointed it at Donghae. Water sprayed Donghae.

Everyone laughed. Eunhyuk turned off the hose.

"I think that was a good enough answer." Eunhyuk grinned, teeth and gums showing.

Donghae smiled. 'His has such a nice smile.' He thought. 'He's happy. I'm glad.'

"Let's go get changed." Ryeowook suggested. Everyone nodded and went inside to change into dry clothes.

 

They were in Shindong's living room. Henry and Kyuhyun were playing video games. The rest were sitting around, eating junk food and drinking sodas.

Donghae was sitting on the floor munching on cookies. Eunhyuk was sitting next to him, a bag of chips in his hands. Donghae reached for a chip but Eunhyuk scooted away.

"Gimme one!" Donghae said and got up. Everytime Donghae reached, Eunhyuk would move them away. Donghae finally jumped on Eunhyuk and took the bag.

"Give it back!" Eunhyuk got up and chased Donghae around the coffee table.

Ryeowook smiled at the two. He didn't really know Eunhyuk very well but he knew that Eunhyuk didn't usually do that sort of thing. He knew something was wrong with him, and was glad that he was happy.

Eunhyuk tackled Donghae then stood and held up the bag of chips in victory. "Victory is mi-"

Donghae tackled Eunhyuk to the ground, took the chips and ran to the bathroom to eat them.

Eunhyuk grabbed the cookies that Donghae was eating and sat in a corner. Did he really just wrestle with someone? He thought to himself. He thought of all the things that were different about him now. How he was smiling real smiles, laughing real laughs. He never thought he'd be like this. And actually, he kind of liked it.

 

Eunhyuk jerked awake. A bad dream. He got up and went downstairs to get a glass of water. As he drank the water, he stared outside, remembering the water balloon/gun fight from earlier that day.

The moon was shining. It was full. He put the glass in the sink then went back to his room.

He sat down on the window sill again, like he did his first night there. Staring at the moon.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

"Hyukkie!" Eunhyuk was being shaken. He opened his eyes.

"Donghae! What?" Eunhyuk asked, half asleep.

"I need help!" Donghae said.

"With?" Eunhyuk sat up.

"I need to get some things." Donghae answered.

Eunhyuk sighed, "Alright… Give me a few minutes… I'll be down."

Donghae nodded then left.

Eunhyuk watched the door shut then sleepily got up. It was noon. 'Why have I been waking up so late?' He thought to himself as he put on a black v-neck and grey jeans. He went and brushed his teeth then walked downstairs.

"Ready?" Donghae asked, looking up at Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk nodded and went to the front door. He slipped on his black high tops.

 

"What do we need to get?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Groceries." Donghae looked down at the list in his hand.

"You woke me up to go the freaking grocery store?" Eunhyuk groaned.

"Sorry…" Donghae apologized as he grabbed some cereal and put it in the cart.

"I thought Leeteuk and Kangin were still gone, why do we  need to do this?" Eunhyuk asked. It had been a week since the water war at Shindong's house, and a week since Leeteuk and Kangin left.

"So it'll be there when they get back tomorrow!" Donghae answered and went to go find some eggs.

Eunhyuk's phone buzzed.

"Phone's ringing." Donghae said. Eunhyuk slipped his phone out of his pocket and answered.

"Hello?" Eunhyuk said.

"Eunhyuk?"

"Who is this?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Um… Hyoyeon. Do you remember me? I sit a few desk in front of you."

"Oh, yeah. Hi, what is it?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to watch a movie with me later. You know, a date."

"Sorry, I can't. I'm busy." Eunhyuk lied.

"O-Oh… Okay… I understand. Maybe next weekend?" Hyoyeon asked.

"Maybe." Eunhyuk said, "I gotta go. Sorry again. Bye. See you at school."

"Okay. Bye."

Eunhyuk hung up. 'How did she get my number?' He wondered.

"Who was it?" Donghae asked.

"Hyoyeon." Eunhyuk answered.

"What'd she want?" Donghae asked, curious.

"She asked me on a date."

"And? What did you say?"

"I said no." Eunhyuk said.

"What? If she's not your type, I don't know what is!" Donghae shook his head.

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes.

"Why do you keep rejecting them?" Donghae asked.

Eunhyuk shrugged.

They finished their shopping and went home. They put the food away and walked upstairs.

 

Donghae was laying on his bed, going through Eunhyuk's music. Eunhyuk was playing one of Donghae's video games.

"Why do you keep rejecting those girls?" Donghae asked again.

Eunhyuk sighed, he had enough. "It's because I don't believe in love, okay? Happy?"

Donghae didn't say anything. He couldn't believe the answer.

 

It was evening. There was a party going on next door. They could hear the music and people.

"Stupid people." Eunhyuk muttered.

"Wanna go?" Donghae asked.

"To a party?" Eunhyuk laughed then stopped. "No." He said seriously.

"It could be fun." Donghae shrugged.

"I don't party." Eunhyuk said, taking a bite of a banana.

"Have you ever been to one?" Donghae asked.

"No." Eunhyuk answered, "And I don't really plan to."

"Well, you are."

"No." Eunhyuk finished the banana and threw away the peel. "Were we even invited?"

"Yes, we were. That's one of our classmate's house."

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes as he watched Donghae put on his shoes.

"Come on!"

Eunhyuk sighed and put his shoes on.

 

They entered the house. Music playing extremely loud. People everywhere. There was beer and sodas and food on the kitchen counter.

"Seriously?" Eunhyuk asked Donghae.

"What? I didn't know!" Donghae said.

"Let's dance." Dongahe grabbed Eunhyuk's hand and the two started dancing.

They were at the party for half an hour when Eunhyuk took Donghae to the kitchen to get some soda.

"I'm… I'm actually having fun." Eunhyuk smiled his gummy smile.

"Woah! What're you doin' here?" Shindong came up and and put his arms around the two teens.

"Eunhyuk needs to experience these kind of things." Donghae said.

"What?" Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow.

"You told me you didn't leave your house when you were younger. So, we're gonna do things I don't think you've ever done. Can you ride a bike?"

Eunhyuk looked down and blushed, "No…"

Shindong laughed, "Really?"

"It's not my fault!" Eunhyuk said.

"Then tomorrow you're learning how to ride a bike." Donghae announced.

The party was still going on but Donghae was tired. They left.

"Thanks." Eunhyuk said.

"For what?" Donghae asked.

"Taking me to the party. I had fun."

 

Chapter 15~!!!!
Thanks for reading! ♥
Sorry if it a bit ^^
I decided to update twice today because I don't update enough and I was in a writing mood. :)
What did you think of the chapter? Comments please! :)