Chapter 17

Because Of You

Hi everyone!!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥
I just wanna say I'm super duper sorry I haven't been updating! I said last week I'd have something up but some things came up and I didn't have time to write. Plus I got into anime again so... You know how that goes, I assume. But thank you so much to the people to stayed and is putting up with my updating every month. I'll try to write more for this fic and update every week. :) And thanks to the people who subscribed! Y'all are awesome! ♥♥♥

Enjoy the chapter! :)
 

 

Sungmin sat outside the café waiting for Eunhyuk and Donghae. The two teens ran up, panting when they stopped in front of Sungmin.

"What took you so long?" Sungmin asked.

"Sorry…" Eunhyuk replied, not bothering to answer the question.

"It's fine." Sungmin clapped, "Now! Let's go pick up Kyu and we can go do whatever we want."

"Kyu? You know where he lives?" Donghae asked, surprised.

"Um… Yeah…" Sungmin chuckled awkwardly.

 

Sungmin knocked on Kyuhyun's front door.

"Hi Minnie!" Kyuhyun greeted after he opened the door.

"Hi Kyu~" Sungmin replied. The two teens kissed and Eunhyuk and Donghae's jaws dropped.

"You two are dating?" Donghae asked.

Sungmin and Kyuhyun nodded.

"Since when?"

"Um… The day after we met, I think." Sungmin answered.

Donghae smiled and clapped, "Yay for you two love birds!"

Eunhyuk clapped as well.

"Come on guys, let's go!"

 

The four boys walked around town. Girls stared at them, noting how good looking they were.

They walked into a McDonald's and Sungmin and Eunhyuk went to the restroom while the other two ordered.

"So how's life been?" Sungmin asked.

"It's been good." Eunhyuk smiled brightly.

"That's great!" Sungmin replied, "You've gotten close to them, haven't you?"

Eunhyuk realized he had gotten close to them, "Yeah… I have…"

They walked out and joined the other two at a table. Eunhyuk was spaced out. He was thinking. He knew he'd eventually end up having to tell Leeteuk, Kangin, and Donghae about his past. He knew what he had to do.

 

Eunhyuk checked around his room, making sure he didn't forget anything like he did last time he tried to escape. He put his phone in his pocket and opened the window.

'Dear Leeteuk hyung, Kangin hyung, and Donghae,

sorry for leaving so suddenly, but I'm going home. Thank you for letting me stay with you and taking care of me. You probably won't see me again. Goodbye. -Hyuk'

He wrote on a piece of paper, he put the note on the bed and exited through the window.

He was halfway out of the neighborhood when he was stopped.

"Really Hyukjae?"

Eunhyuk was surprised and jumped a bit at the sudden voice.

"Why are you still here?" Eunhyuk asked.

"I saw how you started spacing out." Sungmin replied.

"W-What do you mean?"

"Don't lie. You were spacing out. I knew you would try to leave." Sungmin said. "You always leave! Always push people away when they start to get close to you!"

Eunhyuk was silent and let Sungmin yell at him.

"You won't get any help if you stay like that! Your life will stay the same!" Sungmin yelled.

"I… I don't push people away… I have you." Eunhyuk mumbled.

"I'm only here because I didn't leave when you tried to make me." Sungmin said, "I didn't leave like you wanted me to. I stayed. And you liked it. You like having friends."

Eunhyuk looked down.

"Why do you always leave?" Sungmin asked gently.

"Because I get scared."

"Of what?"

"That if I tell them. They'll think I'm a freak for being abused. They'll leave. Or… I'll be taken away from my mom and my sister."

"I didn't leave." Sungmin said.

Eunhyuk's eyes widened.

"Go back and tell Donghae."

Eunhyuk nodded and turned around. "Thanks Min." Eunhyuk said before walking away.

 

Eunhyuk crawled through his window and was greeted by a crying Donghae hugging him tightly.

"Hae…" Eunhyuk hugged back.

"I thought you left. I thought I'd never see you again!" Donghae sniffed.

"I… I have to tell you something." Eunhyuk announced.

Donghae let go and nodded. Eunhyuk and Donghae sat down on the bed.

"You remember when you asked me why I don't believe in love?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Yeah…" Donghae said slowly and nodded slightly.

"I'm about to tell you why. But you can't tell anyone."

Donghae nodded and wiped his eyes.

"When I was younger, my father started beating my sister, my mother, and I. I was abused since I was a kid. I didn't believe in love because my parents didn't show any love for each other." Eunhyuk said, his voice shaking, "And those bruises were from when my dad beat me before I came here."

Donghae's eyes widened and he started crying again, "Oh Hyukkie, I'm so sorry …"

Donghae hugged Eunhyuk again.

"It's fine…" Eunhyuk said quietly.

"No… It's not…" Donghae let go and went to the door, "You have to get help. We have to tell Leeteuk hyung and Kangin hyung!" Donghae opened the door and was about to run out when Eunhyuk grabbed his wrist.

"Don't." Eunhyuk said and looked Donghae in the eyes.

"Why? This is serious! You have to get help!"

"I told you, you can't tell anyone!"

"You NEED to!"

"You don't know what I need! I have my reasons not to tell! And you'll never understand them!" Eunhyuk yelled, "I shouldn't have told you."

Donghae watched as Eunhyuk walked past him and down the stairs. He heard Eunhyuk say goodbye and thank you to the two older males and then the door open and close. Tears flowed out of his eyes and he fell to his knees, burying his face in his hands.

Leeteuk made his way up the stairs, "Hae… Are you okay?"

Leeteuk entered the room and saw Donghae.

"He left…" Donghae sobbed, "For good this time."

"It'll be okay…" Leeteuk kneeled down next to Donghae and hugged the weeping teen, comforting him.

 

Eunhyuk stopped a taxi and got in.

"Where to?"

Eunhyuk told the driver his address and buckled up. He put on his headphones and stared out the window. The saddest song that he had played.

"Wow, perfect timing." Eunhyuk muttered with a roll of his eyes. He picked up his iPod and changed the song.

 

They finally arrived in front of his house.

"Thank you." Eunhyuk said then paid and got out. He grabbed his backpack and shut the door. He watched the taxi drive away then made his way up the steps. He took a deep breath. He didn't know what was waiting behind the door. It was either his evil father, or his caring mother. He didn’t know the details of the divorce or who got what. And that scared him quite a bit.

He took out his house key, unlocked the door, and took a deep breath as he opened the door. The house was silent. He quietly made his way to his room and opened the door. He threw his things on the bed and went back downstairs.

He walked into the kitchen to get something to eat, but didn't make it to the fridge.

"Oh Hyukjae!" A woman said, hugging Eunhyuk. He hugged back.

"Hyukjae?" His mother ran into the room. She nearly started crying tears of joy when she saw the male in the middle of the kitchen. She went and hugged him tightly.

"You came home! Where were you?" Sora asked.

"Oh… This nice man let me live with him." Eunhyuk answered.

"Nothing bad happened to you, right?" His mother asked.

"No. I'm fine." Eunhyuk said.

"Let me make you some food. Oh I'm so happy you're back!"

Eunhyuk nodded, "I… I'll be in my room."

His sister and his mother watched as Eunhyuk left the kitchen.

 

Ta-da~~~ What did you think??
Hyukjae left :(
But the fic is NOT over yet! Still a few more chapters to go! :)
Please comment! It'll motivate me to write quicker! And please subscribe :)
Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting :)
~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~