Chapter 1

Because Of You

Lee HyukJae, also known as Eunhyuk, exited his house. Shutting the door quietly then slung his bag over his shoulder. He was at the end of the driveway when he heard something break. Worried, he paused and looked back at his house.

Eunhyuk was on his way to school, greeting random people who happened to be staring at him.

Once at school, Eunhyuk got his things from his locker and went to class.

When he opened the door, everyone's heads turned, "Good Morning Eunhyuk!"

"Morning everyone." Eunhyuk greeted and took his seat.

"Hey Hyuk." Sungmin, Eunhyuk's best friend, said and sat down.

Eunhyuk nodded, letting Sungmin know he had heard him.

"How was your morning?" Sungmin asked.

Eunhyuk just looked at him.

"That bad?" Sungmin asked.

"Yeah. When I was leaving my house, I heard something break." Eunhyuk said.

"Ah, Hyuk, I'm sorry." Sungmin gave his friend a pat on the back.

"My mom's gonna get hurt." Eunhyuk said quietly, "I wish they would stop fighting."

"I wish that too. Maybe they will, one day."

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a giggly girl came up, "Eunhyuk Oppa!"

Sungmin jumped. Eunhyuk, however, wasn't surprised one bit. He turned his head and gave the nicest smile he could.

"Hi Tiffany, what's up?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Um... I was wondering... if maybe... You'd like to go out with me this weekend." Tiffany asked shyly.

"Oh, Fany, I wish I could. But I'm busy." Eunhyuk said.

"Oh, it's okay. Maybe some other time." Tiffany said.

"Yeah, maybe."

Tiffany smiled and walked off.

"Turning down a popular girl?" Sungmin asked.

"What? I don't date." Eunhyuk said and looked around the room, "You know that."

"Why not?"

"Because love doesn't exist! Why should I even try to find it?" Eunhyuk said loudly.

"Yah! Hyuk! Don't think that way!" Sungmin said seriously.

"Whatever." Eunhyuk rolled his eyes and turned his head away.

Sungmin sighed at his friend then turned to the front of class. The teacher entered the room and class began.

 

After a few hours of learning, it was finally time for lunch. Everyone went the cafeteria and got their lunches.

Sungmin sat down and looked across the table to Eunhyuk who was spaced out and picking at his food.

"Yah, Hyukjae, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong."

"Liar!" Sungmin yelled, causing everyone to look in their direction.

Sungmin noticed then turned, "Nothing to see here!"

Everyone looked away quickly.

"Fine, don't tell me." Sungmin said and ate his lunch.

 

After school, Eunhyuk walked home. When he got to the front of his house, he noticed something different. A car.

He quietly entered his house then crept up the stairs, trying his best not be noticed. He was finally at his bedroom door when he felt someone place a hand on his shoulder.

He slowly turned.

"Hyukkie!"

"Noona…Be quiet." Eunhyuk whispered.

"What? That's how you greet your sister?" Sora asked and pouted.

"Did you tell mom and dad you’re here?" Eunhyuk asked.

"No… No point. They won't stop fighting just because I'm here. Can I come into your room?"

"Sure." Eunhyuk opened his door and walked in.

"Ah… still as clean as it was."

Eunhyuk took out a textbook out of his backpack.

"Wait… Study? It's the weekend! Why don't you go out with your friends? Or your girlfriend?" Sora said and took the book out of her brother's hands and chucked it across the room.

"Hey!" Eunhyuk yelled and went to go pick up his book.

"Look, you're a teenager, you should go out and be with your friends. Now go!" Sora said and pushed Eunhyuk towards the door.

"No… Mom and dad will hear."

Suddenly, yelling started and then glass shattering.

"Over that? No way." Sora said. Eunhyuk still looked nervous.

"Why do you care if they hear you?" Sora asked.

"Look Noona, every time I accidentally got involved, I ended up hurt."

"Fine. Go out the window." Sora sighed.

Eunhyuk sighed, "Fine."

 

Eunhyuk climbed out his window and started walking. He looked back at his sister.

"GO!" Sora yelled.

 

Eunhyuk somehow ended up at Sungmin's house.

Sungmin was sitting outside playing a stray kitty.

"Hey Min." Eunhyuk said and sat down.

"Oh, Hyukjae. You finally decided to get out of your house?" Sungmin asked and petted the kitten.

"My sister made me. She even told me to climb out my window." Eunhyuk said and the kitten. The kitten purred and sat down in Eunhyuk's lap.

"She likes you." Sungmin said and nodded towards the kitten.

"She's cute, what's her name?" Eunhyuk asked.

"She doesn't have one. She's a stray."

Suddenly, Eunhyuk's phone started to ring, "Hold on, Minnie."

Eunhyuk flipped his phone open, "What?"

"Hyukjae. Get home. Sora said.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Mom and dad… They need to tell you something." Sora said then hung up.

Eunhyuk down at his phone, "Gotta go, Sungmin. I'm needed at home."

"Alright. Go. Bye Hyukjae."

Eunhyuk started on his way home.

 

Hii!!
Sorry that the chapter isn't all that good. But thanks for reading!
And thank you to the people who subscribed! ^.^