He Got Married

Love's Play
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
21  He Got Married   “Have you heard the rumor?”

 

She heard Uee’s voice from behind her; they are in the dorm's common room, she’s sitting at the huge sofa in front of the big flat screen television while Uee has just went down from the room that they share on the dorm when they have a scheduled activities. Though today, they only have yet to appear on an outdoor event in afternoon which they are waiting, fully made up for the event, make-up and all.

 

Nana simply nodded at her friend while she changes the channel on the television. Uee sat beside her and took the remote from her hand, then presses the mute button and looked at her.

 

She met her friend waiting eyes. “What?”

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“About what?” she said though knowing full well what Uee meant.

 

Uee sighs and leaned on the sofa as she continues to curiously look at Nana. “You know, what I mean. The news about the new We Got Married couple, with an idol pairing up to an actress.”

 

“Ah…yes, I know about that” she nodded

 

“The rumor circling is that it will be Joon and the actress, Oh Yeon So…”

 

Nana finally looked at Uee and nodded. “It’s not just a rumor. They will be the new pair.”

 

“And you know this for a fact because?” Uee inquired with a raise eyebrow

 

She turned again to the television screen and said, “Joon called last night and informed me.”

 

“Wow” Uee said in awed. When her friend still did not comment further for a minute, she turn and look at her curious eyes.

 

“What?”

 

Uee’s eyes brightened up at her single question and grinned at her.

 

“What?” she asked again, this time anticipating her friend’s answer.

 

“He called you last night, after your date and informs you beforehand about his schedule…and what?”

 

She shrugged, wanting to make it appear that everything that had happened is just ordinary but it seems that Uee can’t be fooled.

 

“Come on, spill it!”

 

Nana simply smiled. “We just talk. That’s all”

 

Uee raises an eyebrow and nodded. “So, how was the recording for the new album of Orange Caramel?” Her friend seems to notice that she doesn’t want to talk about Joon and started a new topic.

 

Nana sighed in relief and thankful for Uee’s understanding, they proceeded with their casual talk as if the topic about Joon was never mention.       Later that night…

 

Everyone was already in deep slumber; it was past midnight when Nana felt her cellphone vibrate. Still with close eyes, she search for her phone and found it on the side, that she must have drop before sleeping on the bed. She answered it, still groggy with sleep.

 

“Y-yaboseoyeo” she yawn, her face is still on slump down on her pillows

 

“Ah…did I wake you?”

 

Nana’s eyes quickly opened in surprise by hearing the voice on the other line. “J-Joon?”

 

She heard an awkward laugh. Then she heard him say, “Sorry, if I wake you.”

 

Nana sat slowly, she gathered her blanket around her body and lean on the headboard, now fully awake.

 

[Phone conversation] Nana: It’s alright. Are you still shooting?

 

Joon: *sighs* Yes, we’re on break. But the filming will start soon again; this shooting is so much alike to real life that a second’s break is almost not allowed. Luckily it’s our first day so this is allowed.   Nana: Ah…I understand. So how was it?   Joon: You know, how it is. Always awkward for the first time.   Nana: *silence*…I heard that she’s beautiful   Joon: All women are beautiful...and she’s an actress, you know, how beautiful they can be…are you worried? *teasing tone*   N
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter