The Star

Love's Play
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was already passed midnight. But Nana, along with her four companions was still at a practice room, polishing the dance step they will perform for tomorrow night.

 

The practice room was located at the fifth floor of an entertainment agency who was a co-sponsor of a yearly event in which the project this year is to make k-pop idols from each different group joined and mixed up together to form a new group that will represents the Korean pop music colors.

 

Since all the k-pop idols who have agreed to the collaboration had a very busy schedule, upon the nearing of the said event was they were only able to come together for all the needed promotional activities such as recording, pictorials, mv’s and the actual dance steps for the song they have sung together as a re-mixed group.

 

She was joined in the practice room by four other members from each different k-pop group. They were all ladies. They represent the color red, which embodies the image of iness; it represents desire and allure thus, the song and dance steps given to them make the exact image of the color itself. They have already memorized the steps and songs; all that was left is to be able to polish and perfected the dance steps.

 

“Okay! That’s great! You’ve all done well! We’ll take five then will come back for a final practice” their choreographer announces.

 

All five of them nodded and agreed. They went to get each of their towels to dampen the sweat they have acquired from the nonstop dances.

 

Nana took her bottled water and quickly made a gulp while the others chatted about the dance step and other stuff.

 

She sits on the long wooden bench beside the wall while she drinks some more water. Their choreographer had went out of the room and left them to rest for a bit. The others were exchanging numbers when they heard the door opened.

 

All five of them looked at the ajar door, whereas the other groups who was practicing on the other room has sneak in to take a peek at them, probably hoping to see their dance routine to judge how great they have become.

 

She smiles into herself while thinking that though they’re all enjoying having a chance to work with other k-pop groups, in the eye of the public , all that is happening, is still is  a competition since the best group that had garnered the most audiences will be an unofficially the most famous mixed up k-pop idol group in the event.

 

When the other teams come in, smiling in greeting, one of the Reds, the name of their current re-mixed group members, Hyuna has a very lively way of greeting the other teams. All of them was left smiling and grinning as they watched Hyuna greet the others with a somewhat monkey dance, a big hand-heart shape on her head and winking with a shooting fingers at all the new comers.

 

“Come in! Are you finished with your practice?” Hyuna asked animatedly at the others.

 

Gayoon who was also into the same k-pop group with Hyuna shook her head, “No, not yet. We’re just on a break for now.”

 

“Are you finished with your practice?” Jiyoung asked who was from the other group, currently with Hyuna and was in the same k-pop group with their member, Nicole.

 

Nicole answered her, “Not yet. We too, are only on a break.”

 

“Hey, that’s good, we can chat while we take our break” Hyosung said smiling with warmth to the others.

 

With them, all five and the other teams too, all five of them, decided to sit on the floor and form an opened circle as they started to get better acquainted with each other.

 

She felt privileged to be sitting with these ladies who have grown up in this industry along with her. Though they saw each others in programs, an event just like this is where they can actually bond into a more close friendship since all of them experienced the demand being a k-pop idol has. They were all chatting excitedly when Nana excused herself to go out for awhile given that she felt that she needed some air due to the practice earlier.

 

As usual, whenever she feels that she had to relax for a bit, the air outside will always does the thing, so she took the stairs up to the rooftop. Once she was at the rooftop, she drew a deep breath, lay her hands on the railings as she looked on the city lights and the stars in the night sky.

The night air, cold but welcoming, seems to give her the relaxation she wants for a bit. She just gazes at the sky and the skyscrapers to clear her mind; it must have been a few minutes when she heard someone speak.

 

“You’re here…” someone said and when she turned, she saw him standing just a few meters away from the rooftop door. He must have only arrived since she was sure that she was alone earlier.

 

He walked towards her while he looked at the night sky and stop for almost a meter apart from her. He gaze at her for a second before he slip his hands on the side pocket of the red hooded sweater he was wearing. “Have you’ve been well?” he asked, his words was almost a whisper, if it was not completely silent she must have not heard him.

 

Nana walked passed him but stop and turned, their positioned has switched, and he was now nearer the railings while she was nearer the door. “Yes, it has been a year. How are you, Joon?”

 

His eyes, met her amber ones before he says, “Changsun. I’m Changsun to you now, Jin-ah”

 

Nana hold her gaze at him, trying to read what is on his mind but all she could see is that his honesty. She looked away at him as she says, “It has been a year…since we last saw each other, Changsun…”

 

“Yes, it has been a year since we have an oppurtunity to see each other like this…”

 

She looked at him and she was greeted by his warm smile this time.

 

“Just us talking and catching up…” he said while he leans on the railing that is above his elbow and just a little below his shoulder, making it safe for him to lean comfortable. “How have you’ve been?” he asked.

 

She answered. “Okay. It has been a busy year. But everything is alright. How about you?”, she said as she walked to his other side, a meter away from him and she leans on the railing as well.

 

“Okay, I guess. There have been many opportunities that had opened for MBLAQ and me. It has been a busy year as well.”

 

“Yes, it has been busy…” she said nonchalantly.

 

He did not answer. She did not expect him to be. Both of them were just silent as if letting the cold breeze answered their unspoken words.

 

Nana knew in the one year that passed since they decided to become friends, nothing has change. They rarely saw each other or talk the least so their friendship or what they may like to call it seems to be more of an acquaintance now instead of the deeper relationship they previously have.

 

Many things have change, their careers, mostly. Joon has become an actor and still venturing to other things in the entertainment industries. While she, still a part of After School and Orange Caramel has started her own business. The year has passed by in which both of them did not notice.

 

She sighed but turned and looked at Joon, “I heard you’ll be busy too this year.”

 

“Where did you heard? I haven’t said anything yet about my future plan. Did someone leak our company’s information?” he asked with a teasing glint on his eyes.

 

She smiled, “Cheondung has told Uee and she just told me in passing…”

 

“Ha! You’re gossiping about me?!”

 

“Yah! I did not!” she slap him lightly on his arms then crossed her arms on her chest. “She just mentioned that because she was talking about Cheondung and you just happened to be his co-member...MBLAQ, remember?” she raised an eyebrow at him.

 

He grimaced a little. “Alibi’s…you’re making excuses.” He turned to her, his body facing hers this time while his arms are the one leaning on the railing, “Why don’t you just admit that you asked her about me, neh?” thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter