The Former Sky

Love's Play
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Nana, a new set of roses was given for you today” Juyeon said with a bouquet of three red roses on her hand and handed it to Nana.

 

Nana was already sitting on her place in the van of After School when Juyeon gave to her the gift so early in the morning.

 

The other girls give her a teasing smile but did not say a word. They’ve grown familiar with the gifts that they’ve already run out of word to tease Nana. She thankfully sighs but still smelled the roses. He’s making me go crazy?! As she thought of the person who has been giving her roses, she looked for the card on the bouquet, as usual; it was not a card but only a small hard glossy paper with a shape of a star. By seeing it the first time when the three red roses was given to her a month ago, she already guesses who the sender was…since then every once a week, she always got red roses with a star card on them.

 

The van started to move to take them to their scheduled appearance at a television studio. Some After School members close their eyes to take a short nap while the others just stared down the road with an earphone on their ears. Nana on the other hand just gazes at the glossy star card on her hand while she put the roses on her lap.

 

Should I tell him to stop doing this? I’m not even sure if the number I have of him is still the same one that he is using…why did he not contact me? Is he not the sender of these roses?  She shook her head. No, I’m sure he is the one sending me this…but why won’t he confirm it?

 

Her mind is getting confused by the minute when she felt Juyeon softly nudges her on the side, who was sitting beside her.

 

“Does the sender ever reveal who he is?”

 

Nana met Juyeon’s curious look at the flowers on her lap so she said, “No, he never put his name on it”

 

Juyeon pouted and crosses her arms above her chest, “That’s hard if you have no idea who he is. He can be just a fan or only an admirer who is contented on just looking from afar.”

 

“Or…he can be ugly and just shy to show his face because he is afraid that you will judge him harshly” Raina said, leaning in from the back of the van, obviously hearing what they were talking about.

 

Juyeon nodded in approval of Raina’s assumption.

 

Nana smiled to her friends and thought that they can help her clear her mind on things. “Actually, I have a guess who he is, but I still have to confirm it”

 

Both Juyeon and Raina’s eyes rounded in surprise and they lean in more closely to her.

 

Juyeon whispered, “Did you call him?”

 

“Or did he call you?” Raina asked with twinkle in her eyes.

 

Nana can’t help but smile at the enthusiasm of her friends. “No, he hasn’t called….and I can’t call him just to ask if he is my admirer, which would be embarrassing if he is not.”

 

Then Kahi who was sitting in the front said to their surprise, “Then, we should just wait a little more…”

 

“You’re listening?” Juyeon asked with a raise eyebrow

 

Kahi grinned. “Of course! I don’t want to be left in the dark again like someone else did on us…” her gaze turned to Uee who was sitting on the other end of the van, behind Kahi.

 

Uee has her eyes close but she must have felt Kahi’s gaze and probably listening from the start because when she opened her eyes she quickly grin. “That’s all in the past now. Beside, Nana’s case is different.”

 

Jung-ah who was sitting beside Uee then said, “How can it be different?”

 

“Yes, how can my case be different?” Nana seconded.

 

Uee sits a little straighter and met all of her friend’s gazes. Everyone was waiting for her to speak and explain what she meant. “Nana’s admirer…or fan is obviously courting her. He doesn’t mind if we know that she is being courted. Unlike me, who only receive one bouquet of flowers that you all saw.”

 

“We only saw one because you’re good at hiding it” Jung-ah said with a pout.

 

Nana smiled. “Correction, she’s almost good at hiding it…we still guesses that she has someone along the way” she wink at Jung-ah.

 

Uee smirked and lean on her sit, “Still, Nana’s suitor is different”

 

“Suitor? Now, you’re calling him a suitor?” Nana asked with one raise eyebrow.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter