Butterfly Kisses

Love's Play
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  One day?! All I have is one day?!   Joon can’t help his thoughts from wondering how ridiculous his schedule has been. He was given a day rest from his management before his schedule resume to its loaded line up.   He has been signed up for a drama, a recording, a movie shooting afterwards then some variety show that he has yet to find out by tomorrow.   “I’ll tell you the kind of variety show you’ll be a part of by tomorrow, but today, you can rest and not think of anything” his manager mysteriously said so.   Thus last night he decided to go home and spent his night at their house for a restful sleep. But after spending the morning chatting with his parents and catching up, he remember the things he need to do in his limited free time.   He bid his parents goodbye though his mother did not let him go until he gives her the reason he was leaving early.   “I have to see someone, Omma”   “Are you going to see a girl?” his mother asked with bright eyes.   He only sighed instead of answering. His father, who’s standing beside his mother, then said “If you’re going to see a girl then bring this” he has thrown in the air a key which Joon catch in surprise.   “We’ve wanted to give you a well earned gift. It’s outside. A motorcycle is not advisable if you have someone to protect at your side. Besides, it gives you more privacy” his father said and winked.   Joon went outside and saw the white tinted car parked in front of their house. He immediately push the unlock button and heard the click from the car.   His mouth agape in shock at the sudden gift but then he quickly grin and give both of his parents, whom are now standing at their gate, a tight hug in glee.   “Thank you! Thank you very much!” he said before turning away, “I’ll call once I’m back in the dorm” He went inside the driver seat and bring alive the engine.   “We want to meet her soon, son!” his mother said a bit louder which made him looked back and grin, “I’ll introduce her when its time, Bye. Thanks again!”   His parents were both smiling at him as he started to drive away and saw them waving at the rearview mirror.   So now, his driving his new car and thinking that if he’ll be able to see her today, the one day rest given to him will be so much more worth it.   He decided to go to a supermarket first to buy some things he need for the day and then took a quick drive thru for some takeout food.   Once he decided that his ready for the day, he speed dialed her number and waited for it to ring.   “Yaboseoyo”   He felt his heart skip a beat upon hearing her voice again. It has been months since he last heard from her though she had agreed for a date, both of them got so much busy that he still was not able to invite her on a proper one. All he has sent was cards and flowers which he had made pre-ordered with specific instruction along with his hand written noted for her. But today, no matter what, he vowed that he would spend time with her, even if this date will most probably the only time they will have again. “Hello?” she said again on the other line   This brought him back from his thoughts, he quickly answer, “Hello, Nana, this is Joon”   There was silence for a second before he heard her voice again, a little softer this time, making his heart do a couple skip at once, “Yes, I know it’s you, Joon.”   “I wonder if you’ll be able to indulge me on the date that we’ve talked about last time. Are you free today?”   “Today?”   “Yes, I’m sorry if this is out of notice…” he sighed, “But if you’re not free I completely understand…”   “No, I’m free”   “Really?! That’s  great! Where can I pick you up?”   He heard her laugh which bring music to his ears.   “I’m at Uee and Cheondung’s home, you can pick me up here”   “At Cheondung’s?”   “Yes, I’m visiting them since some guy is missing me” he heard her giggle.   Joon knotted his brow, “Okay, I’ll be there around half an hour.”   “Okay, take care...” and then as if she can’t help herself he heard her whisper, “I’ve missed you” before the line died.   Thus, she did not heard Joon’s answered, “I miss you too” but still he grin like a puppy and step on the gas pedal to hasten the time that they will meet again.   Though he wondered, who was the guy that she said was missing her?               “Hhmm…You’re smiling…and it’s a genuine one”

 

Nana looked at Uee who was standing at the doorway of the nursery room. Uee is holding in her arms her one year old son who was smiling and throwing his fist in the air as if waving at Nana, she had carried the child earlier and played with him.

 

She smiled and moves closer to her friend and the little child.

 

“Because of this little guy...right, Seung Jo?” she said in child like voice much to the delight of Uee’s son and she offered her forefinger to the child to grip playfully.

 

Uee grinned at her and raises an eyebrow, “You’re talking in the phone before we come here. So spill it. Before I let you hold Seung Jo all day long”

 

Nana just laughed. “You know, I’ll gladly take care of Seung Jo. I’m his godmother after all.”

 

“A godmother who now keeps a secret from me” Uee said pouting.

 

“You don’t have to use your “sweet face” to me to make me tell, since he’s coming here anyway” Nana reasoned out before sitting in a small sofa beside the window on the left side of the room.

 

“Who is coming?” Uee asked with one raise eyebrow.

 

Just then, Cheondung entered the room with one of his hands raise, holding his cellphone, he looked at his wife, Uee, “Hon, Joon hyung said his coming”

 

Uee’s eyes rounded in surprise, mouth opened a little and then turned to her for confirmation.

 

Nana simply shrugged, raised both of her eyebrows and smiled slowly.

 

“Oh my…you’re admirer is Joon?!” Uee exclaimed.

 

Cheondung looked back at his wife and Nana with his brows knotted in confusion.

 

Uee turned to her husband, “Hon, please be a sweetheart and took Seung Jo out to play for awhile”

 

Though confused, Cheondung nodded and took Seung Jo from Uee’s arm which made the child happily said, “A-appa!”

 

Both parents smiled at their son.

 

Cheondung looked at his wife, “I’m always a sweetheart, Yoo” he said with a playful smile.

 

“I know that is one of the reasons that I love you” Uee said before planting a soft kiss on her husband’s left cheek.

 

Cheondung whispered something to Uee’s ear which made her friend’s eye light up in delight. Nana turned her head to the window, giving them privacy and only when Cheondung called her name did she looked at them again.

 

“Nana, I’m glad you’ve visited today though I think Seung Jo won’t be able to keep you for a day. There will be next time. Have a great day” he said and winked at her, obviously, Uee’s husband know the reason Joon is coming.

 

Once Cheondung was out of the room with Seung Jo in his arms, Uee softly close the door and turned to her. Her friend crosses her arms in her chest and waited for her to start.

 

Nana sighed. “It’s just a date.”

 

Uee walk towards her sit and sat beside her at the small sofa. “This is Joon we are talking about. I know that this will not simply be just a date”

 

“You think so?”

 

“I know so. He has been sending you gifts for awhile now. It means he is serious”

 

“But we’re so much busy nowadays that starting something serious will only make things complicated, you know that”

 

Uee nodded, understanding her concerns. “Then, just enjoy the day. Don’t think too much. Just enjoy. With our busy schedules, a simple time with someone that matters can make wonders in your life” her friend said while smiling.

 

Nana laughed. “Now, I’m really glad I visited. You make things so simple”

 

“Because being complicated only makes our life more stressful” Uee grinned playfully at her.

 

“Thanks, Yoo” she said, leaning to give her friend a thank you hug.

 

 

  After a couple of minutes, Joon arrived; Cheondung and Uee did not ask any question and just simply wished them a great day.

 

  Both of them were si
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter