A Hope

Love's Play
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the hospital

 

“Here, it’s cold…” Joon said as he places his coat above Nana’s shoulder.

 

She was about to put away the coat but Joon was quick to stop her. She looked at him with knotted eyebrow.

 

Joon smiled slightly as he sits beside her. They were sitting outside the room where Uee was confined for the meantime for further test the doctors have to do to her. A couple of bench where place outside each room.

 

“It’s just a coat, accepting it doesn’t mean that we’re friends again…” he sighed as he lean on the wall behind them, he turned to face her, “Beside, with the way your dress right now, every male in this hospital will surely come running…”

 

Nana hugs the coat more closely to cover her body when she said, “Thank you.”

 

“Have you eaten?”

 

“No, we’ve been on a strict diet since our comeback…well, except for Yoo who has been eating continuously lately” she said while closing her eyes as she leans at the wall behind them.

 

“Do you want to eat?” Joon whispered.

 

She opened her eyes and stared at him. Both of them leaning their head at the wall, their head turned at each other…and they were just looking silently at each other’s face.

 

She shook her head, “I’m not hungry…”

 

“But you’re tired…”

 

She nodded.

 

Joon lifted his hand as if to touch her face but reluctantly stop himself in mid-air, instead he asked, “You’re great at the stage today”

 

She pouted as she hug the coat more around her body, which bring a smile on Joon’s face, “As if you’ve watched”

 

“I was out, buying ice cream for Cheondung’s wife” he said while grinning

 

Nana smiled at him, “Hehehe, Yoo has a sweet tooth though it is only recently. She usually didn’t eat much sweet as far as I know…”

 

“Really? Why do you think she act that way then?”

 

“We’ve been roommate for a long time and a friend thus I’m familiar to all her likes and dislikes…if I can guess, I think----“she stops herself when she saw Joon looking at her intently. She doesn’t know what it is but it appears that she can’t seems to make herself said it out loud in front of Joon, her guess on Uee’s actions lately. She get butterfly on her stomach just by thinking that she would talk to Joon about such topic.

 

We’re barely friends now, how can I say to him that I think Uee is pregnant without being embarrassed?!

 

Fortunately, Joon didn’t seem to mind that she did not finish her words earlier because instead he muttered, “Nana, can we start all over? As friends…”

 

She looked at him. His eyes has a glint of sadness in it while his mouth has a reluctant frown forming as if he already know that she will decline him but still can’t help himself to ask her.

 

Nana frowns as she met Joon’s sad eyes.

 

Why are you so eager to be friends with me? Am I bad person if I decline what you’re asking for? If we become friends…what would it lead to?  She thought to herself.

 

Then not waiting to her response Joon stand up and stretch a little before smiling at her though the joy can’t be seen on his eyes, “I think Uee is awake now, let’s check if they’re alright in their”

 

Nana nodded slowly as she stands up while Joon was already knocking at the door. No one answer but Joon opened that door since it’s unlock and let Nana in first, she was followed by Joon.

 

They saw the married couple beside each other, Cheondung sitting beside Uee in the bed.

 

Uee smiled at Nana but then throw a knowing look at Cheondung, when they saw that Nana was wearing Joon’s coat.

 

Joon and Nana both notice their friend’s gazes but just choose to ignore it.

 

Nana softly reprimands Uee. “Are you feeling okay? You should have told us if you’re not feeling up for the show. We could have just cancelled it…Yoo, you do know that our health is first and foremost the most important thing don’t yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter