Chapter 16

Be My Shining Star.

 

Chapter 16:

            

Kyuhyun’s pov:

I stared at my phone for almost the thousandth time of the day.

Hanji still hasn’t replied my messages.

Scrolling down our conversation on my text message app, I read through my own messages. Did I say anything wrong?

 

Good morning :)

 

What are you doing now baby?

 

Are you alright?

 

Are you really okay? Reply me soon!

 

Hanji, I am getting worried, are you alright? Let me know, baby please.

I didn’t get a single reply for any of the messages sent for today. I really was getting worried. I headed for her house this afternoon but her mum told me that she was out.

Where could she be?

I was dead worried. She would normally reply me fast but this time, she didn’t even reply a single one.

Did anything happen?

Sitting on the couch, it made me think of more horrible thoughts which worried the out of me and I couldn’t just sit around. I had to do something.

I needed to find her.

 

I headed for her house again. Standing at her door, I pressed the bell and waited for someone to answer the door.

I didn’t care if she didn’t want to see me or anything that I have done wrong about, but I just wanted to know if she was safe.

“Kyuhyun? What are you doing here again?” Mrs Kim, answered the door, speaking in a cold tone when she saw me. She seemed to hate me so much but this wasn’t the issue right now.

“Auntie, is Hanji home yet?  I can’t reach her since the morning.” I said in a huff  as I stood at the doorway panting.

 

Hanji’s pov:

 

I waked back home from where Daesun’s house was. It was just walking distance away and it wouldn’t be tough. Just that it was pretty dark and quiet at this hour.

“Auntie, is Hanji home yet?” I heard Kyu’s familiar voice ringing in my ears the moment I was nearing my house.

He seemed to be so worried sick about me, and that made me feel horribly guilty of whatg I have been doing; avoiding him.

I hadn’t replied a single of his messages since the morning when I collected my report.

I guess, this was when I must start my plan in making him leave me.

Much as I didn’t want to, I had to. He couldn’t stay with me. I am a burden.

I am going to pull him down.

And I am not going to risk his happiness for my own selfishness.

I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath as I brought my own hands up to touch my swollen and puffy eyes, just in case I looked horrible which would expose my crying from earlier on.

I walked towards the house and up the porch.

Ignoring Kyuhyun’s presence, I kissed my mum on her cheek before walking into the house. She looked pretty shock when she saw me ignoring Kyuhyun.

I tried my best not to turn around and not to look Kyu in the eye because those brown pools of swirls had always been my weakness.

He was beautiful. The most beautiful human I have ever seen in my life and I won’t ever hurt him in a way by telling him my burdens to drag him down with me.

“Hanji!” I heard Kyuhyun’s voice as he shouted and scuttled into the house without removing his shoes.

I walked into my room quickly before slamming the door right in his face before he could even enter. I locked it and slid down to the floor behind the closed door.

“Kyu, I am sorry.” I whispered, soft enough for myself to hear.

I hugged my knees close to myself before shutting my eyes and letting the tears that formed seep out.

“Hanji? What is wrong?” I heard my mum’s loving and soft voice from the other end of the door after a period of time.

I slowly stood up, unlocking it and letting her in after ensuring that Kyu wasn’t around anymore.

“Where is Kyuhyun?” I asked my mother as I walked towards my bed and sat down, wiping my tears away.

“Dear, he is gone. What happened?” She repeated her question, sitting down beside me and pulling me into her embrace.

After my father left us alone to fend for ourselves in life, I had my mum and she had me. It was just us against the world. She was just like my bestfriend.

“Mum, I went to the doctor’s this morning to collect my report of the scan I took a few days back.” I said before blinking and letting a tear fall down onto my cheek, trickling itself down to the corner of my lips.

She nodded and urged me to continue on with what I had to say.

“Mum, I have leukemia.” I said before exhaling a breath I didn’t know I was holding.

My mother gasped, before covering with her both hands as she stared at me in great shock.

Tears forming in her own eyes faster than how mine did and in no time, she was breaking down.

It hurt me so much to see my mother breaking down. And this was all because of me.

Why did I have to suffer from such an illness?

“Mum, I am sorry.” I said as I cried, pulling her hand to be in my own.

“No dear, why are you sorry? It’s not your fault. No one wanted this illness to be on you. “ She pulled me into her arms as I rested my chin on her shoulder.

“Mum, would never leave you.” She said again, my back while we both cried on each others’ shoulders.

“Is that why you have decided to treat Kyuhyun this way?” She asked, pulling away and looking at me.

I nodded slightly, sniffing in between tears.

“Hanji, you know I hate you to be dating Kyuhyun, but I can tell that he really loves you a lot more than anyone can.” She spoke,  my hair now.

I looked up at her in surprise.

“Don’t look at me like that. Saying that doesn’t mean that I like him as a son-in-law.” She hissed back.

I laughed. I finally laughed after crying the whole day. But this wasn’t enough.

It wasn’t. I wanted to be in Kyuhyun’s arms again, I wanted him.

“Don’t worry about this illness, we will conquer it together. For now, take a good shower and some rest.” My mother pecked me on the forehead before heading towards the door of my bedroom.

“Goodnight, sweetheart.” She whispered before closing the door.

I sighed and laid on my bed. I turned to the side drawer, withdrawing my torn and tattered horoscope book that I hadn’t touched in days, I flipped it opened to the date of  today.

Fate has fallen on you.

I read those words as my eyes started to water once more.

I was scared. Nothing could actually describe how scared I was. I just felt like I was about to die and how many days i had left was limited.

I just felt so guilty that I wouldn’t be the one who would be there, showering Kyuhyun with all the love he deserved and all the love I had promised to give in the next few decades, till eternity.

And that was when I heard a weird noise coming from the window. It wasn’t raining.

I walked towards the side window as I pulled up the sliding glass and stared out.

“Hanji!” I heard that same voice ringing in my ear again.

I looked down from my window, only to see Kyuhyun standing there and waving at me. His smile. He was genuinely happy to see me now and I was sure of his love for me. He cared about me.

But what I had to tell him might just be too much to handle.

I snapped out of my thoughts, as my eyes flickered back to the standing boy.

“Are you alright?” He asked, no signs of frustrations or anger of any kind towards me ignoring him for the whole day.

Why was he always so nice to me?

It made me feel nothing, but guilt.

I shook my head slightly, before retracting back into the room and shutting the window.

I heard his calls once more but I didn’t answer.

I am sorry Kyuhyun.

 

________________________________________________________

 

A/N: hey guys! i am back with a new chapter for you all in a day since i updated just yesterday too! 

I hope you like this update because its really sad :( 

 

Anyways, i had a new idea and i was afraid that i would forget so i wrote it out and i really hope you all will support it as much as you all did for this story so here it is! I hope to see you all at my new story! http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/296259/you-are-the-one-i-need-kyuhyun-you-kris Please subscribe and comment both here and at the other story too!

I will only update next friday again so i hope this chapter lasts you guys over! :) 

Thank you! ^^