Side Story (Oneshot)

All My Life

No Matter


"No matter what happens to me, remember that I will always love you.” The couple hugged briefly before being separated from one another.  The girl watched as her lover was taken from her, her only happiness was gone. She was guided away by their friend, who was glad the lovers were finally separated. His competition was being sent out to war, to protect his loved one.

Days become months, months into years, but the girl, now a beautiful young woman, still waited for her love to return for her. The friend that led her away from the spot she last saw her lover kept trying to court her, no matter how many times she refused. After years of courting her and showering her with gifts, he was infuriated by the girl’s behavior “Why can’t you see that your lover isn’t coming back to you? I sent him away; you have me by your side now!”

“He’ll come, he always has. We’ve gone through hell and back to get to where we are now, time is just another thing we have to conquer.” The girl closed her eyes and remembered when they first met.


She was the princess, the heir to the kingdom, he was just a lowly knight, a person that could be replaced at any moment, but he was a special case, there was a sparkle in his eyes, when you needed someone to be there for you, he would appear out of nowhere to bring you back up again. He saved her life and she saved his, after being beaten by his brother, he heard a scream and found the princess being surrounded by assassins. In seconds, he took all four down with only a single scratch on himself. “Princess, isn’t it a bit late for you to be out?” He grinned and helped the girl up “Doesn’t the elite guard make sure you’re in bed by this time?”

The girl kept her head down “I had a dream that I would find my love if I went out tonight…” Her voice broke off at her last words, causing the boy to smile “Well princess, you must be disappointed in your little adventure; all you found were some assassins and a lowly knight.”

“Liu, just bring me back to the castle.” The knight simply nodded and walked his princess back into the castle before the sun came, sharing a quick goodbye before he disappeared into the night.


At the same time, in a town miles away from the castle a man was daydreaming about the past in a tree to avoid the intense heat. Recalling a royal lover and thier antics.

That night, there was a masquerade ball held by the royal family, but a certain princess was reluctant to go. "What's the point of doing this? So boring..."

The king pulled aside a certain knight "Liu, can you?" He pointed at his oldest daughter "It'll be a great help if you could come."

"Of course magesty, it would be an honor." He chuckled and put his arm around his friend "Princess, you're hurting your fathers feelings by acting this way. It would mean the world to him and me if you went."

"I don't even have anyone to go with." She pouted

"Really? I don't either! We can go together!" He dragged her out of the castle "Let's go get our masks~"

By the time the pair returned to the castle, the party was well on its way. Thier friends had completely raided the table of food and were already causing havoc in the kitchen while the adults were off in their own groups gossiping of news and rumors.

"See, it's not so bad."

"Just cause you proved me wrong..." The girl pouted and rested her head on the taller one's shoulder.


After shooing away the persistent man time and time again, the princess rested her head on her table when she heard someone knocking on her door. “How many times have I told you? I don’t want to marry you and never will!”

Her door creaked open, a familiar chuckle greeting her “Princess, I came a long way to come back and you’re not going to even let me ask you myself?”

“You’re back…” She jumped up and hugged her lover “I knew you’d come back, even after all this time.”

“I’m glad to be back, especially now that I can ask you this.” The man got down onto his knee and took out a ring. “Will you marry me?”

Ever since she was young, she never believed in fairytales or happy endings, it seemed too unrealistic for her, but now she could see why people believed. “I love you, whatever happens now, won’t matter as long as I’m with you.” This is our happy ending to our story.

"No matter what the world throws at us, we'll get through it, together." They kissed and fell asleep in each others arms.


A/N: Hello everyone!~ Short side story here about a certain Liu and Jung c;

Made for my English project, although this is a slightly longer one.

Please enjoy! c: