Chapter 5

All My Life

Sudden Realizations


A/N: This chapter will be in Jessica's POV instead of Amber's!

After Amber kissed me on my forehead and hugged me, I felt this fuzzy feeling in my heart, all of a sudden, I felt a lot warmer than usual...was this little dork trying to melt me or something? I pouted to myself and leaned onto Krystal. All of these thoughts are just too much...

Next thing I know, Amber's taking off her jacket and dancing to TVXQ's Mirotic, she moved just as good as sunbaes, maybe even better...and when she did Junsu's hip in front of me. I felt my face burning, if there really was a thing called the y police, I think Amber would be given life sentence for that small performance.

When she finished, the rest of the girls were smiling like huge erts, Taeyeon was even videotaping it! I should probably get that later...Amber sat back down with a cocky smile on her face "Do you guys not want to play anymore? Does that mean I win the grand prize?"

"Amber. Bed, NOW."

"What, why? I'm close to winning, I think..." I pushed the confused girl onto the bed and laid down beside her.

"Jessica, wh-what are you doing?" Amber was probably blushing.

"I'm trying to sleep, what else?"

"But I'm right here."

I pulled myself close to the younger girl. "I know, I feel safe when you're here with me. So please, at least stay with me until I fall asleep."

"I guess I could stay here until you fall asleep. No biggie." She patted my head softly before I fell asleep.


When I woke up, Amber wasn't there anymore, but I could tell she was trying to find somewhere quiet. Outside the room, Hyoyeon and Yoona were bothering her while she was trying to finish her book. Tiffany's yelling and Taeyeon's laughs...yup, this feels just about right. I yawned and walked out of the room, wanting to take a shower before eating what Amber made for us.

Showers are a weird thing, it's supposed to be some place for you to clean yourself in a flash, but it's much more than that, it's like my own karaoke, the place I think, the place I make important life decisions. For something so simple, it's so complex...kind of like Amber...

I remembered that people were probably waiting for me to finish so I quickly washed off all of the shampoo out of my hair and made sure all the body wash washed away. After brushing my teeth, I put on some of Amber's clothes and walked to the kitchen for breakfast.

"What are you girls looking at? I know it's early, but I'm hungry and you guys woke me up." I pouted at the girls.

"Unnie, aren't those Amber's clothes?" Seohyun asked

"How can you tell?"

"I don't know Jessi, maybe the fact that you're not wearing any shorts under that big, oversized shirt." Tiffany burst out laughing.

I turned around "W-What!? I'm pretty sure I.."

"Go back in the bathroom and check Jessica, we don't want lover boy to find your shorts in the bathroom." Sunny smiled.

"Shut up! You'll jinx it!" I blushed and ran back to the bathroom and found my white short shorts on the floor.

All of a sudden, I heard Amber "Jessica! Are you all righ-"

My face got even redder, I should've closed the bathroom door when I leaned over… "A-Amber, I...um.hi." I showed a small smile.

"I should uh, let you finish up." Her face was as bright as a tomato. "Bye"

I put on my shorts and walked back to the kitchen, Seohyun, Sunny and Tiffany quietly laughing at the scene that just unfolded. I whimpered cutely "How could you guys do that to me?"

"Jessi, it won't be long until that's all Amber sees of you." Tiffany winked.

"Unnie, why are you so erted?" Seohyun sighed. "Amber's a good girl."

"At least she's wearing a bra, imagine her leaning over the counter talking to Amber, then all of a sudden, Amber's in heaven." Sunny joked.


After Amber left, we decided to eat lunch, but everyone was picking at my food, especially Taeyeon. So I quickly finished my food and texted Amber.

aLIUser: GorJess

-Amber~

-Where are you?

-Amber, Taeyeon ate all my rice ; ^ ;

I heard a loud bang and sent her one last message.

-When you come home, just know...it wasn't my fault

Wondering what fell, I went outside the room and saw everyone squished together in front of the TV, popcorn all over the floor and a broken plastic bowl in the far corner, "Mind explaining what happened?"

"Short story short Jessi, we accidentally saw a clip of a horror movie and one of us threw our popcorn and bowl at the corner. You should join, we're watching movies." Tiffany looked up at her American friend

"Okay" I settled myself on the empty couch and stretched my arms.

After 15 minutes, the girls decided on watching some comedy called Borat, another 15 minutes later I fell asleep due to how boring I found the movie.


Suddenly, I was in my old yard again, back in San Francisco, playing with some boy I don't remember. I don't know why, but I feel the same way I do as when I'm with Amber, is that boy my first love? Just who is he? why can't I remember him?

The boy turned around and smiled brightly, "Jessica~ SaRangHAEYO!~ "

I found myself smiling also "saranghae!"

After our confessions, his mom came to pick him up, I noticed that when she came, he never seemed happy. He was never happy around her. Even when I was there beside him, if his mom was there he would try to act tough and not do anything.

It's as if I was watching old memories instead of dreaming, next, I fast forwarded to a memory from when I was in middle school, I was in LA to visit my aunt when a mother started to yell at her child in front of the restaurant. I still remember the slanders she used to describe her own flesh and blood. "A worthless, dead, stupid, hermaphrodite." to say the least... After she stormed out of the restaurant, I remember going up to the kid, only a few years younger than me. The weird thing was that I didn't even know him, yet he still smiled so brightly at me and whispered a few words into my ear "thank you for being here."

After that final word, I was brought to another memory, a newer one. When I went to the market with Amber yesterday, she told me I was important to her and smiled so much brighter than the boys in my memories, she was so much happier, older, kinder, brighter, understanding.

I felt something warm on me, and I couldn't help but think that it was Amber, so I whispered out the words "Thank you for letting me stand by your side." I heard a soft chuckle and a hushed whisper "No, thank you. For making me into the person I am today."

All my life, I've always been above average at everything, but what's this feeling you're making me feel? I'm scared, I've never felt this before, but I know we can get through this...together

Just one day, I hope one of us gets the courage to help the other for good.


A/N: 3 Chapter in one day!! I'm on a roll! lol = w =

Will you two just get together already?  \ [○・`Д´・○]/

Nothing is ever that easy in life Jessica, feelings don't become so clear as quickly and others will always try to prevent you from having happiness. (Spoiler? Maybe, who knows?)