Chapter 7

All My Life

Ups and Downs


After they finished practice, I waited for Jessica to shower so we could drive to my mom's house. When I saw her come out of the building I yelled at her "Jessicat! Hurry!"

Jessica made no attempt to walk faster; instead she began to walk even slower. "Jessica, if you keep lagging, I'm going to leave you and stick a cucumber under your pillow tonight."

In seconds, she was in front of me, so I put on her helmet and secured it for her. "Hold on tight."

After what seemed like a long time, we finally arrived at their home and Jessica released her death grip on me. "Are you ready?"

She shook her head "Fix my hair, the helmet must have messed it up."

"It didn't, let's go in!" I dragged her to the door and knocked.

Nana opened the door and ran to hug me. "Oppa! I missed you!"

"I saw you earlier though..." I pouted at the young girl.

"So this is Nana..." Jessica looked at the younger one "...nice to meet you. I'm Jessica"

I set Nana down "see Nana, doesn't she look like a princess? Go introduce yourself to your unnie."

"Unnie, aren't you from SNSD? What are you doing with oppa? You're too cool for her." Nonetheless, Nana hugged Jessica and stuck her tongue out at me.

Jessica laughed “Yes I am, and your oppa is a special friend of mine. She's a big dork."

"Unnie, I like you! I'm Nana! I'm 11 years old!" Nana beamed

"Nana, don't you care about your oppa more than unnie?" I knelt down

"Unnie is my favorite!" She hit my cheeks lightly "But I still love you oppa~"

"Assa!~ Let's go inside then!" I picked up Nana and went inside. "Where's your umma?"

Mom came out of a room "I was wondering what took so long, Nana did you wash up yet?"

"Not yet, I came to get the door and it was oppa and unnie! I'll go now!"

Mom raised her eyebrows "…And unnie? Oh hello Jessica, it’s nice to see you again."

She bowed to mom "To you also."

"Jessica, go check up on Nana, you can fix your hair while you’re in there." I whispered to her.

Jessica followed where Nana ran off to earlier. "Need any help with anything?" I rolled up my sleeves.

"So it's Jessica?" Mom walked into the kitchen

I followed her "What do you mean it's Jessica? I told you already, I don't know what I'm feeling okay?"

"I saw the way you look at her, Amber, she's the one. She already has your heart." Mom handed me plates.

"She might have mine, but I don't think she likes me that way..."

"Maybe not right now, but she'll come around."


After I finished setting the table, I sat down in front of the tv and closed my eyes until I felt people jumping and hitting me. I opened my eyes to see Nana and Jessica, looking at me with puppy dog looks, "Oppa, don’t glare at us like that! It makes you look old."

"Yeah Amber, we were just going to wake you up, but you're glaring at us." They pouted

"Whatever princess." I stood up and walked to the kitchen "Mom, when can we eat? I'm starved."

"Sit down then, you guys can start eating."

"Nice! Nana, Jessica come and eat with me!" I pulled on the girls.

"Oppa! You're such a little kid!" Nana scolded me

I gasped dramatically "Jessica, did you hear what she said? I'm being bullied by a little girl."

"But it's the truth." The two girls laughed together and began to eat.

"Princess...you guys really...." I hung my head and began to eat.


I offered to wash the decisions when I heard keys unlock the door and Nana running to meet the unknown person, I finished washing the last plate and went to meet them. "Appa! This is oppa and unnie!" Nana pointed to me and Jessica.

"Nice to meet you sir" I smiled and shook his hand.

"Same to you" He turned to Jessica "so you must be Amber, nice to meet you." he hugged her.

"I'm Youngbae Im, but you guys can call me appa."

I gritted my teeth and put Jessica beside me "I'm actually Amber sir, this is my friend Jessica." The two of us bowed at him.

Mr. Im laughed "my mistake~ Nice to meet you nonetheless." He then walked into the kitchen were mom was and the two of them began to eat.

I looked over at Jessica "Are you okay?"

"Just a little awkward."

"Should I take you back to the dorm? You guys are probably busy tomorrow." I checked the time.

"I guess so."

We hugged Nana and went to say goodbye to mom and Mr. Im. "Mom, we're gonna leave now. I have to drop Jessica off at her dorm before it gets late."

"Be safe." She waved goodbye.

Nana followed us to the door "Oppa, if you make unnie cry I'll hit you."

"Nana, why are you being so mean to me after I introduced Jessica to you? I'll be good and make sure no one makes your unnie cry" I ruffled her hair "Be a good girl okay Nana, I'll see you soon."


I helped Jessica put on her helmet "Thanks for tonight Amber"

"Just because Nana loves you more than me" I laughed and revved the engine "hold on tight." I sped through traffic with Jessica tightly holding onto my waist and in just 10 minutes, we arrived in front of the dorm.

"I'll leave when you go inside." I helped her off the bike "Make sure you keep that helmet safe! If you break it, no more rides for you!"

Jessica just smiled and went inside, the white helmet tucked under her arm. Seeing she was safely inside, I drove home and found a box of food with a small note on top reading: Amber! Unnies told me you went out the whole day so we brought you food. -Ssul, Luna and Krystal I picked up the package and set it down on the counter.

Instead of putting it away and washing up, I went straight to bed, hoping tomorrow would be just as good as today or better.


When I woke up, my phone was vibrating wildly...15 messages huh?

KeroroSeo: thank you for bringing unnie home safely. Goodnight

ByunTae: how was that date with Sica?

Ffanysmile: How was the night with Jessi? She went straight to bed last night, i want all the details!

FoodSoo: Why didn't you take me out to eat? Where's the love Amber?

BbyJung: We have our first practice tomorrow night. You and vic have a lesson tomorrow afternoon also.

Yul: jessica came home with a helmet? You guys must've had one wild ride then! kekeke

GorJess: Amber?

Are you awake?

I was sleeping...

The girls woke me up because of their screaming

They took my helmet; ^ ;

Amber...

I'm going to tell nana on you

Ffanysmile: oohh. Amber, you're in trouble!

GorJess: txt me when you wake up

I rubbed my eyes and called Jessica, after a few rings she answered. "hello"

"Jessica, what's wrong? I saw everyone's messages right now."

"When I got home I tried to sleep, but everyone was being obnoxious and you wouldn't respond. Then Sooyoung took the helmet you gave me and hid it."

"Did you get it back?" I yawned.

"Not yet...”

"I'll stop by before I got to my lesson with Vic okay? Let me shower and I'll be right over."

"Okay!"


In an hour, I was at their dorm newly showered and wide awake, waiting for someone to open the door. Jessica quickly pulled me inside, "what took you so long?"

"I had to shower." I flicked her forehead. "Now where's that shikskin?" I walked into her room and found her drooling on her pillow.

"CHOI SOOYOUNG! Wake up right now and give Jessica back her helmet, if you don't I'll never treat you out to food again."

Sooyoung jumped up and ran to her dresser, “Here, so will you take me and Yoona out to eat?"

"When I have time." I walked out of the room and handed Jessica her helmet "I'm gonna head over to the sm building, Victoria has Korean lessons today, then we'll be having a group practice."

"bye~ I'm going to go back to sleep."

I laughed and closed the door behind me. Imagine seeing that adorable face every single day...


For three hours, I taught Victoria basic Korean, then for another six hours we were learning the dance steps to our debut song. Nonstop hard work, before we all decided to call it a night.

"When are you guys moving into the dorm? Or have you guys moved in already?"

"We've been sleeping in the beds we brought, but it's so empty, so we're moving everything in tomorrow." Krystal sighed.

"I'll help, I can call the guys over so we can move the heavy stuff. You guys can help Victoria with her Korean also!" I turned to the oldest "Victoria, tomorrow I'm going to help put stuff into the dorm, Sulli, Krystal and Luna can help you with your Korean."

"Okay!"

"Tomorrow at ten am then!" Luna shouted.


The next morning, I waited in front of their dorm for Super Junior hyungs and SHINee to arrive to help, the girls were inside helping Victoria with Korean and teaching her useful phrases. In ten minutes, both groups arrived and they ran out to greet me and the trucks full of furniture.

We were deciding on how to choose what went in first when I thought of an idea "How about this? Let's make this a competition! Whatever group brings more stuff, wins a favor from me? Are you guys in? I'll tell Sulli to keep tally upstairs."


With only one truck left, I was in the lead by four things with SHINee catching up. The members of Super Junior were too tired after carrying 3 things inside. so we decided to take a quick break.

I sat on the countertop and noticed Donghae pull Jessica aside, minutes later the two of them reappeared with big smiles... don't tell me.  I slid off the counter and told Sulli I would be heading home. When I got there, I turned off my phone and threw it on the sofa, it's not like they would notice anyway... I checked my email for tomorrow's schedule and saw someone sent me an email

MIYOUNG:

Amber why'd you leave like that? Jessica's been trying to message you...but she says your phone is off. Is it because you saw her with Donghae? Amber, respond...please, we're worried.

I bit my lip...

-I'm just tired; I guess I carried one to many boxes up the stairs. I just need some rest...


The next day, I ran into Donghae before practice, "Ahh, Amber! I have great news to tell you?" he beamed

"What?" I smiled, even though I knew what happened.

"Jessica's my girlfriend now! HaeSica is official!"

"That's great Hae...but I really need to go practice." I ran off towards the practice rooms and locked the door when I entered one. To be honest, there wasn't any practice today, but it helps me when I need to think.

I Don't Don, in my practice playlist and began to dance, engulfing myself into each song, that I didn't notice someone enter the room. I stopped when someone paused the music.

"Amber...can I talk to you?" Jessica held out a bottle of water.

"Sure, I was just practicing." I drank half of the bottle and wiped my sweat off with my shirt.

Jessica sat down on the chair "Yesterday, I became Donghae's girlfriend and when I looked around, you weren't there."

"I was really tired yesterday Jessica, I went home to sleep and no one noticed."

"I texted you also, you never responded."

I scratched my head "My phone is on silent and I lost it somewhere, it's somewhere in my house right now."

"I see..."

"Anyway, congratulations Jess, Donghae hyung is a good guy."

She smiled and walked out of the room...

Nana, I would never make your unnie cry, but what about me? Will you stand up for  me when I cry because of her? I locked the door and cried.


A/N: That's all for today! Hopefully Amber will get her heart back...

Jessica why would you say yes to Donghae? I mean, sure they look alike, but they're two completely different people!

Comments are appreciated as always, I hope you enjoyed this update!