Chapter 6

All My Life

A Change of Heart?


For once in a long time, I had a dream, I've seen before. I've seen it so many times, I could probably write a book or comic about it. But it was different, like everything else in my world; it changed, like how I have. It was happier, brighter and for once, there was a happy ending.
The moment lips touched, I woke up, drooling on the table with my phone held loosely. No one moved from the position that they were in last night, they lay on the floor without a care in the world, and the only movement was from them breathing.

Thanks to these girls, I've been able to change; I've been able to be happy again. But I still have to confront her; I still have to protect everyone. She's still my mother...

I showered quickly and put on some nice casual/ formal clothes, styled my hair and put on my sunglasses. Taking one last look at the sleeping girls, I left a quick note and locked the door. Revving up the engine to my motorcycle, I sent two messages.

GorJess:

-Make sure my house is in one piece before you guys leave okay?

 

Mom:

-I need to talk to you, meet me at the Starbucks near your home.

I shut my phone and began to drive to the cafe, speeding through morning traffic. Anxious to talk to my mother and set things straight, everyone deserves a second chance...That's what Jessica and Mr. Lee gave me here in Korea. I might as well try to fix my relationship with my mom.


I looked around and saw that she was nowhere to be found, I gritted my teeth and decided to order a cappuccino to soothe my nerves, I probably got here too quickly. Sipping on my drink, I settled into a chair near the window and took out my phone, one new message huh?

GorJess: Where'd you go?

I couldn't let Jessica know I was meeting this person...

-I'm at a Starbucks, no one was awake so I decided to have a day for myself, if you guys are free later, and I’ll go to your dorm. Okay? \0 v 0

She messaged me back seconds later.

GorJess: How are you so sure no one was awake?

-The fact that you didn't move when I put a cucumber next to your face told me.

GorJess: AMBER! Did you really? That’s a terrible thing to do! TT ^ TT

I smiled at her childness

-I'm just kidding~ I wouldn't do that to you Jessica! You know that.

Jessica stopped responding, so I guess the members are waking up, or she fell back asleep. I put my phone down and gazed out the window, looking for anything, anything that told me she would come here and set things right with me. A few more minutes past and I heard a little girl drag her parent through the door "Umma! Hurry! What if they're not here anymore?"

"Nana, don't worry. Knowing that kid, she'll wait here till the end of the night." A familiar voice sighed.

I gulped and stood up to meet the person "Mom, I'm glad you came." I showed a small smile.

"Yi-yun...you look different." She looked me up and down

"I changed, my friends helped me." I motioned her to sit at my table.

Mom let the little girl sit beside me "What did you want to talk about?"

"Mom, first off... I got scouted by SMent a while back, I'm training with their artists now, and eventually I'm going to debut as an artist."

"Good for you." She seemed interested now.

"Mom, I want to fix our relationship, my friends and mentors, they taught me that everyone should be given a chance to make things right, so this is mine to you."

"Amber, you can tell I'm sorry for what I've done, I've changed. I can't say that you can move in with the family now, or that I can take away your home, but you're free to visit." She smiled softly.

"And another thing, I-"

She cut me off, "Hold that thought, I need to go to the restroom, my stomach aches."


Leaving me alone with the little girl, I felt strange and utterly confused. She seems different, but it's like some parts of her still hasn't changed for the better yet. Does she care for this little girl?

I felt a tug on my shirt. "Oppa! What's your name? I'm Im Jinah! But everyone calls me Nana!" The little girl beamed.

I chuckled "I'm Amber, nice to meet you little princess."

She pouted "Why are you calling me a princess?"

"Don't worry, it's what I call the important girls in my life, there's you, my best friend Sooyeon, even though she likes to be called Jessica and her little sister."

"But I don't know you that well oppa how can I be an important girl? I only know that umma caused you a lot of pain before."

"To tell you the truth, she did. But I can tell, your umma changed and she really cares about you, so make sure you take care of her also. Okay?"

"Pinky promise!" Nana held out her pinky

I intertwined mine with hers and smiled, kids really are something else.


I talked to the little girl for five more minutes before mom came back from the bathroom, smiling brightly when she saw the little girl was happier than earlier.

"Amber, what were you going to say again?" She looked at me calmly.

I gulped "I don't know how to say this to you; in fact, you'll probably hate me again when you hear what I'm going to say..." I looked at my hands; I was so nervous that I was fidgeting...

"Just spit it out Amber."

"...I'm in love with a girl! At least, I think its love. I'm so confused and I don't know what to do..." I looked up at her "So I thought, mom would help right? I want to fix my relationship with mom; I want my heart to be mended. I- I'm venturing into unknown feelings and I'm scared...I'm actually scared." Tears started to form in my eyes.

Nana tightened the hold on my hand and mom; she did the unexpected, wiped my tears and rubbed my back. I thought she would grab up Nana and run off to never see me again.

"Amber, I know I've done a lot of things, said a lot of things that probably offended you in the past, but you're my daughter. The world is changing; I can't stay an ignorant, aging woman forever."

"Mom..." The tears were now falling in onto the table, I smiled brightly.

"Oppa, don't cry! It ruins your image!" Nana pinched my cheek

"Nana, just how old are you again? You really are just like my two friends, the sisters I told you about." I rubbed the sore spot on my face

She stuck her tongue out at me "For your information, I'm already 11!"

"That old? You look so young though! I wish I was like that!" I smiled.

"Oppa, what about you?"

"Me? I just turned 15 a while ago."

"Really? I just turned eleven! When's your birthday?"

"I was born on September 18."

Nana slapped my arm "I was born on September 14! We're 4 days apart!"

"Four days and 4 years, princess."

She was about to retort back to me again when mom stopped us, "Amber, if you aren't doing anything for the rest of the day, you should visit us at our home, you can meet my new husband."

"Is it really okay?" I looked at the both of them.

"Yeah! Oppa should meet Appa!" Nana smiled.

"I guess we should get going then, right Nana?" They stood up to leave, but mom turned around "Amber, if you're going to tell my husband about your girlfriend, be careful about it, I may have changed, but he is a true Korean. He thinks gays should be punished."

"Don't worry, I won't tell him until he's comfortable with me."

I walked them to their car and waved goodbye when mom said one last thing before driving off "Thank you for giving me a chance."


I leaned on my motorcycle and decided to check on the girls, in case they needed anything.

GorJess:

-What are you guys doing right now? Should I drop by?

GorJess: We just finished recording a show right now and we're heading to the practice rooms, we haven't eaten yet, so if it's okay, can you bring us food? = w =

-Anything specific?

GorJess: the girls say to surprise us!

-Alright~ practice hard til I get there!

I closed my messaging and called their favorite pizza place. "Hello, can I order 14 pizzas; 7 pepperoni pizzas, 3 mushrooms and 4 Philly steak please, for pick up. Under Amber Liu please."

A whole hour for fourteen pizzas? That's crazy, yet again making 14 pizzas in one order isn't very usual. Since I had some time to kill, I drove to the nearest park and swung on the swings, making sure to take pictures to make the girls jealous. After swinging for a while, I hopped back on my bike and went to pick up their lunch.


Before going into the building, I texted Jessica to let them know I was coming up.

GorJess:

-If you here a banging noise on the door, it'll most likely be me, I'm gonna head up there now with the food.

I struggled up the staircase holding all 14 boxes because just earlier today, both elevators broke down, so here I am going up the stairs with 14 heavy boxes of pizza. By the time Jessica and the others opened the door to the practice room, I felt like my arms were going to fall off.

"That was fast!" Tiffany helped me back up.

"I don't need that sarcasm unnie, you try going up fourteen flights of stairs holding 14 boxes of pizza." I pouted.

Taeyeon wrapped an arm around my shoulder "No, Amber she really means 'that was fast', usually it takes a lot longer."

"Mhm, by the time the food would be here, we'd all be too tired to eat." Jessica munched on the slice of pizza.

"You guys really are something else." I grabbed a slice and sat down in between Yuri and Sooyoung.

After eating, I decided to watch them practice when my phone vibrated.

Mom: If you are available, meet us for dinner at 6, but come an hour or so early. Nana misses you.

-Alright, I'll arrive at around 5, tell Nana I'll be there in a few hours and send me the address.

I was about to put my phone away when someone snatched it out of my hands. "Yuri! Give me my phone back!" I chased my friend around the room, just about to catch her when she threw it to Sooyoung, who started to read it.

"Amber, whose this Nana person? Is she your girlfriend?" Sooyoung grinned at me.

I threw my shoe at the girl and grabbed my phone "No she isn't, why would I date an 11 year old girl? She's literally like a sister to me Soo."

"What are you doing later Amber?" Jessica looked up at me

"I'm visiting my mom later" I smiled a little.

Jessica dragged me out of the room and slammed the door "Why? What did she do to you? Don't go, please." She hugged me.

I rubbed her back "Jessica, I have to do this. I already talked to her this morning, and she invited me for dinner with her family. I can't say no..."

Her grip on me tightened "Don't go alone..." she whined

"I'll bring you with me okay? Everything going to be alright Jessicat~" I patted her head. "I think we should get back inside before those girls start snooping again."


A/N: Tadah~ here’s another chapter done. Hope you enjoyed it!

If Amber's mom isn't the one to prevent their relationship then who is it?

Thank you guys for the support as always!