Chapter 14

All My Life

The Next Day


The next morning, Amber was the first one to wake, utterly confused and embarrassed she looked down to see she was only wearing her underwear. Beside her, Jessica was sound asleep still wearing the clothes she wore the day before. “Jessica!” Amber shook the girl beside her, stopping only when she saw the infamous Jung glare “Jessica, what happened last night? Why am I in my underwear?”

A look of amusement was on Jessica’s face “So you don’t remember?”

“Nope” The younger shook her head. “Am I supposed to?”

“You and the others got drunk last night, want to see the evidence?” Jessica dragged Amber out of bed (after allowing Amber to put on her clothes) and led her throughout the house, showing her the room where they were playing beer pong, which was also the room most of the girls knocked out last night. “As you can see, you guys decided to drink and play this dumb game, if I hadn’t brought you to bed you would probably be sleeping here also.”

“Umm… what is Tiffany doing to Taeyeon?” Amber pointed at the two girls. “I think they’re enjoying themselves too much…”

“It’s alright, just leave them be.” Jessica smiled and walked into the kitchen “Do you want to help me cook some breakfast for Sulli, Soojung, Seohyun, Yoona and Yuri? They should be waking up soon.”

“Why don’t you wake them up and I’ll cook.” Amber took the apron away from the older girl and brought out ingredients for pancakes. “No offense Jessica, I can eat your cooking, but I don’t think the others can do the same.”

“It’s alright, I didn’t know what I would cook anyway; I was just going to put waffles in the toaster.” Jessica shrugged and left the kitchen in search of the five girls.


By the time she was back, Amber had set up the whole table, filled with pancakes, eggs, sausages and freshly cut fruit.

"Amber, you really spoil the girls, do you realize that?" Jessica picked up a piece of mango.

The girl shrugged “I can't help it; I have a bad habit of treating everyone super nicely. Blame my dad."

"If the girls ever get fat I'm going to blame you Amber." 

"What? Is it not healthy enough for you?" Amber pouted.

"Just saying" Jessica ate another piece of mango "Try learning some healthier recipes, it shouldn't be a problem for the great, what did you call yourself again? The Great Amber Liu, who can do anything."

"When did I say that?" 

"Last night, I was trying to put you to bed when you started going off on all these weird things and you just wouldn't shut up." 

"For real" Those were Amber's last words before Yuri, Yoona and Sulli bounded into the room and tackled her, Soojung and Seohyun calmly walking in after them laughing at the scene as it unfolded. "Guys, help me! Too much skinship, too much" Amber cried out when Taeyeon entered the kitchen with Tiffany and joined in on messing with Amber, slapping her who knows how much.  

This continued for ten minutes when everyone in the whole dorm was awake, more people torturing Amber and laughing at the younger girl's misfortune.


"I. Hate. You. All. So. Much." Amber said in between raggedy breaths.

Everyone laughed and replied in unison "We LOVE you too! ~" 

"You guys will be the death of me." Amber gave up on getting out of her friends' grips, laying her body against the cool floor.

Another five minutes of pure torture passed until Jessica and Krystal pulled her out of the pile of idol, giggling at the grunts she made when their arms hit her.

"Why can't we just have a nice, calm, normal morning?" Amber slumped into a chair and sipped on a cup of coffee.

"Well, we would if you guys didn't decide to drink all night." Jessica stole yet another mango.

"Don't start princess...” The younger girl slammed her head on the table.

"Too late~" She responded happily, causing more groans to come from Amber.


"Unnies, don't we have schedules today?" Seohyun questioned her group mates.

"I texted the manager last night; so no worries." Jessica waved off the younger girl "So we have to whole day off to play, unless those wimps are going to cry over their well-deserved hangovers."

"Jessica, don't be so mean." Amber flicked the older girl. "It happens to you when you drink also."

"No it doesn't and you know it. I know my limits and stay well within them." She stuck her tongue out at her members.

Amber sat on the floor with Sai “So what should we do today?”

“Paintball”

“Shopping”

“Creep around the city”

“Sleep”

“Eat”

“How about we take a vote?” Amber suggested from her seat beside her dog “We have shopping/ creeping around the city, sleep the day away or paintball”

“Um you forgot our suggestion!” Both Sooyoung and Yoona whined.

Amber merely waved them aside “That was a dumb suggestion, we would eat when it’s time for like lunch anyways…now, moving back to our main problem, what’s it gonna be?”

Between paintball, sleeping or shopping for the whole day, shopping won by a landslide. After all, no one was tired anymore, so that crossed out sleeping, and paintball would hurt and leave bruises so that was another nope, leaving shopping and creeping around the city the only safe, entertaining option.


From two vans, all the girls crowded on and once they arrived at the shopping mall, they ran out, separating into three groups: Group 1, consisting of Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Seohyun, Victoria, Sulli and Krystal, who intended to shop till they actually drop; Group 2, who was made up of Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Yuri and Amber, who would stop by their favorite game and specialty stores before relaxing at a cafe for the rest of the day; Group 3, which was actually a part of Group 2 was made up of Sooyoung, Yoona and Luna, who were put into a separate group merely because they were going to be raiding the food court for the most of the day instead of going along with their main group.

After two minutes of standing around and deciding where to go first, the large group was separated into the three for a whole day at the mall. Shenanigans from the tricksters and the truth were waiting to appear.


/Group 1/

The first group of girls ran straight to the second floor, where all of their favorite designer and brand clothing stores were found. Splitting into two groups, one going straight into Forever 21and another into Victoria’s Secret, (guess which one Victoria went into ;->), the older girls going into the latter to look at some bras and see if they could find any cheap and cute enough, while the younger half went into the former to find more cute dresses and skirts that match with their new heels and boots.

After hitting these first two stores, they reunited into one big group and began to attack each big name brand with all their might, leaving each store with at least two bags each for each person.

After two hours of intense shopping passed, the girls decided to take a break in the food court for some Wetzel’s Pretzels gossip.

“So Jessica did anything happen with Amber last night?” both Sunny and Tiffany wiggled their eyebrows.

Jessica almost choked on her sprite “what are you two even talking about? Nothing happened, absolutely nothing…me and Amber? Oh my god you guys”

“Aww, Jess you’re such a baby” Tiffany scooted closer to Jessica “Just tell us what happened and we might be able to help”

“Nothing happened” Jessica continued to shake her head “all she did last night was give me a in front of you guys while you were playing beer pong and when I brought her to her room she stripped into her undies and knocked out. See? Absolutely nothing happened”

Sunny was the next one to speak “Jessica! Amber gave you a and stripped right in front of you?”

“That’s totally nothing?” Tiffany sighed.

“Oh honey, you need to do something about her, that’s about as obvious as she’s going to get” Victoria stopped eating her cinnamon pretzel to pitch in on Jessica’s problem.

“Obvious about what though?” Jessica was pouting now “Why are you guys even bringing this up?”

“Because you know you love her, you just keep denying it” Tiffany grabbed her friend’s hand “But you can’t deny what your heart really wants Jessi”

“In times like this, the perfect saying is ‘Do not think just do’” Sooyoung and Luna chimed in from behind.

“Or ‘Just do it’ you know, like the Nike saying?” Yoona followed right behind them.

Their sudden appearance shocked the girls “Where did you guys come from?!”

Luna answered calmly “We were on the third floor eating, I mean checking out all the different snack shops and kiosks they have up there, and then we saw you guys paying at Wetzel’s Pretzels.”

“Yeah, but to the back to our point, girl you need to do something about those feelings because if you don’t act fast enough, someone might steal your Amber away, that little dork can be really stubborn and dumb” Yoona stated and everyone nodded in agreement.


/Group 2/

The second group, in contrast to the first group, calmly made their way up to the third floor, where all the electronic, music, accessory, sport and snack shops were located (which meant the third group sped here for ice cream, crepes and other sweets before the food court).

Together, they all walked around and laughed at each other when in an electronic gadgets store, Taeyeon and Yuri noticed a little kid playing with a and using it to massage his face.

“Guys, look over here!” Yuri called to them in a sort of whisper/yell. “Check out that kid”

The other two carefully followed Yuri’s eyes when they saw the little gem, being as innocent as a child could be, playing with the ‘massager’.

Amber sneakily took a picture and sent it out to her friends “Guys, we should go, we might look suspicious now…besides, I have a picture of the wonderful moment”

Tears in their eyes, they walked out of the store and made their way to a new music shop; whose outside was decorated with karaoke boxes and all sorts of albums.

“Dude I should get one of these” Amber pointed to their newest, fanciest model of Karaoke box “It says here there’s an update every two months so you can get all the latest songs on it”

“That’s really nice, what’s the price on it?” Hyoyeon walked over to Amber

“Says here it’s only $189.99, but it comes with a digital song list, four microphones and if we buy one right now, we can grab four albums for free in the store.” Amber read off the box.

“That offer sounds too good” Taeyeon walked over to the other two and read the box as well. “Let’s do it”

Together, they picked out their four free albums and paid for the karaoke box, proud of their purchase and walked out of the store.

“Just wait until everyone sees this baby” Amber took the bag from Yuri.

“Speaking of babies” Hyoyeon put her arm around Amber “When is this little baby going to confess and have a relationship?”

Amber stopped walking “Wait what”

“When are you going to have the balls to confess to the love of your life and end all of our suffering?” Hyoyeon continued “It honestly does hurt watching you two sometimes, right Taeyeon, Yuri?”

The two girls showed their agreement by nodding in sync “Just take that leap of courage”

“That leap only takes a second and you’ll feel amazing afterward”

“You guys don’t get it, she doesn’t love me the way I love her. I’m like the knight that will always stand by her side, always longing for her, while she’s the princess that will go off to marry her prince and they’ll have a ‘happily ever after’, just like all the fairy tales.” Amber let out a long sigh. “I’ll deal with it, so just leave me be…”

Through this little description, the older girls thought of the time Jessica was in a relationship with Donghae, the time Amber shut herself out from everyone.

“So what’re you going to do if Jessica decides to confess to you?” Yuri said in a low tone “What if she pours her heart out to you? Are you just going to laugh it off and tell her that she’s wrong? That’s messed up Amber, you know that”

“That’s when I’ll take that leap of courage you guys want me to do” Amber smiled grimly “In the highly unlikely chance that happens, I’ll do it”

“Have some more confidence in yourself Amber!” Taeyeon tried to lighten the mood a little “Let’s go down to the food court to get some Wetzel’s Pretzels, yeah?”

At that moment, Amber, Yuri and Hyoyeon’s stomachs growled in complete sync with each other, making the four erupt in laughter.


As soon as Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Yuri, and Amber left the elevator, they noticed their friends crowding a table and sent Amber to go to it.

When Amber neared the table she overheard Yoona speaking “-Amber away, that little dork can be really stubborn and dumb”

After seeing everyone nod in agreement, Amber coughed as loud as she could “Well that little dork is right here, you ”

Immediately, Yoona was on her knees “I didn’t mean any of it! Sooyoung made me do it; she bought me Mrs. Fields cookies!”

A smile was on Amber’s face as she helped Yoona back on her feet “Oh trust me, I know what happened”

Jessica choked on her water “What happened exactly?”

“Yeah what happened, fill us in!” Taeyeon handed Amber her pretzel. “Did Amber tell you guys about the little kid?”

“Oh my god, you sent them all the picture right?” Hyoyeon’s face brightened at the memory

Amber nodded and everyone else proceeded to take out their phones to check Amber’s text. In seconds, all eyes were on their table as their laughs were incredibly loud and seemingly never ending.

“Guys shut up! People are starting to stare!” The original four were starting to get embarrassed by being seen with such an obnoxious group.

Within a few minutes, they stifled their laughter enough to stop the staring from all the passersby.

“No one stopped him? Where were his parents and the workers??” Krystal snorted, causing more laughter to start.

“You guys decided to take a picture but not a video?” Yoona shook her head in slight disappointment.

“I didn’t want to ruin the surprise…but I DID” Amber grinned. “It’s not that long, but you see him just like using it on his face and swaying to the music”

“Seems like our plans for later are all planned out” Sooyoung popped a piece of Hyoyeon’s pretzel in .

“Play it nonstop? And send it to all our friends?” Amber raised her eyebrows “because if that’s what you mean, then yeah”


A/N:
How is everyone doing? I would’ve posted this a few days ago, but I had no internet available…

Hope you’re still enjoying the story! (I know I am)

Here’s the dreaded picture lmao: