Chapter 10

All My Life

Accident


After making up with Jessica, everything went perfectly fine, our groups collaborated on a song; even if it was two different versions...f(x) is gaining popularity with each release. From LaChaTA, Chu, Chocolate Love and now our new song, Nu ABO. Personally my favorite one so far, but the most perfect song ever is Luna and Krystal's duet.

The MV shooting went by surprisingly quickly only a day and a half, the set was amazing, during our breaks, we would play on it and play with each other’s new hair.

"I think I look weird, what do you guys think?" I hugged the basketball "I look like a llama or something."

"Now that you said it, I think you do too hyung!" Sulli ruffled my hair. "Right Krystal?"

The girl just nodded and drank her water, not wanting to get into Sulli and mine's shenanigans again, not after embarrassing her in front of her old crush. Who we did not approve of, for your information, he was such a big jerk wad to everyone.


After our performance, we were met by our friends backstage, blocking the other artists’ way to the stage. "Guys I think we should move." I laughed and led them to the large hallway. Once more, we were jumped on by all of our friends, one huge dog pile of SM's biggest stars. "Ugh! You guys are so heavy! Since when did you guys gain so much weight?" Sulli and I complained.

"After having you Amber, me and Donghae just couldn't lose the weight." Jonghyun rubbed his stomach.

"Ew, Jjong, you did not give birth to me, no thank you."

"Same with Tiffany and Taeyeon noona, after having Seohyun and Sulli." Jonghyun laughed and ran off to avoid getting beat up by the four girls.

"That's a great thing to think about right after we perform thanks." I shook my head.


"Amber, break a leg." Donghae gave me a small smile before going back to our friends. I nodded and ran onto the stage with my arms in the air, a large grin present on my face. The moment the fans saw me go on stage, they screamed their lungs out, for the first time in weeks, all five of us were on stage together.

In the beginning of our performance, I tripped and felt my ankle throbbing, but despite the pain and the worried looks from the members, I continued with a smile on my face. We quickly said goodbye and left the stage, Sulli and Victoria supporting my sides.

Donghae and the others ran to us "Amber! When I said break a leg, I didn't really mean it! C'mon, we have to get you to a hospital." He called my manager over and carried me on his back before turning to the girls "Make sure to stay here, once the recording ends go to the hospital, I'll message Jessica the address and other details."

"It's starting to hurt, do we have any ice?" I put on my seatbelt. "Or anything cold, either works."

"Here, put this on it" Donghae handed me a water bottle "It should help a little."


"I'm fine, just tell me when I can go back and perform with the girls."

LSM put his hand on my shoulder "Amber, you know that your ankle is already sensitive, we need to make sure you're completely healed before letting you go. We don't want you to get even more injured."

"But what am I going to do while it heals? Am I going to stay at the dorm the whole time?"

"For a while, but if you want, you can go back to LA while your ankle heals, your dad and older sister would be worried. Before you know it, you'll be back in Korea performing with the girls again."

"Alright..."


I grabbed two of my bags and started to pack, one huge one for clothes and a smaller one for things to entertain me while I'm on the plane. To pass the time, I put on my music and danced to and from, not noticing the door opening or the stares and laughs I received. It wasn't until I turned around that I noticed all the girls in front of the door, staring at me.

"...Hey guys." I gulped.

"Nice moves Amber, but not as great as mine." Hyoyeon copied my moves and did more dorky dances.

"Did I look that bad?" They yelled in agreement that I . "At least I tried."

"Amber, is your ankle okay?" Krystal leaned on the wall.

Jessica nodded her head "Donghae never sent me anything, your manager wouldn't tell us either."

"I'm going to be off the stage for a while; I'll be here for a few weeks then LA for the rest of the time. They won't let me back on stage until I'm fully healed."

Everyone took a few seconds to take in what I said and lunged at me, completely ignoring my cries of pain and protest. Seconds later, SHINee barged into the dorm and jumped on me as well.

"Amber! Don't leave!" Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sooyoung, Yoona and Yuri yelled.

"Boo/ Hyung! Don't leave me with the crazies!" Key and Sulli cried out.

Once everyone calmed down, they sat in a circle around me and waited for an explanation. "I already told you guys! I can't stand on stage, no matter how much I want to, I have to wait until I'm healed." They continued to bother me until Jessica spoke up "Guys! Amber already told us everything, we have to stop bothering her about it, and we just have to pray for her to have a speedy recovery."

The atmosphere became awkward and the temperature dropped. "Ay, Ay Sergeant Sica!" The other girls of SNSD stood up and saluted to Jessica, the atmosphere becoming fun and happy again.


"Sai come here! Stop chasing Jessica!" I waved Sai over to me, a little over a year and he's already a giant. After his growth spurt, he loves to bother Jessica again, especially when I'm not paying attention to either of them. Sai jumped on the couch into my lap and stared at Jessica, who was standing in front of us with her arms crossed.

"Not cool Sai, I took care of you when you were sick." She turned to me "And you, I always take care of you."

I looked to Sai and we shared a look "Not really, I'm the one that always takes care of him, and you only take care of Soojung. You won't even buy me a bottle of milk tea."


"Jessica, can you take care of Sai for me and make sure the girls don't get into trouble?" I elbowed her.

"Of course" She pinched me and put her head on my shoulder. "Now pay attention to the movie."


Three weeks flew by in a flash and the next thing I know, my manager is handing me my plane ticket to LA. Travelling alone is a lot more different than travelling with your friends, there’s no one to talk to, no one to bother, and no one to play games with…