Chapter 3

All My Life

Meeting the function girls


I slowly pushed off whoever was sleeping on me and made my way to the living room, the hallway messy from last night's celebration. After months and months of training, I'm finally meeting my band mates to live and train with them. Hopefully its people I know already, like Soojung, Jinri and Luna, but on the other hand, Soojung and Sulli are still really young...


Yawning, I poured myself a cup of coffee and began to walk to the SM building, after I put on a fresh pair of jeans and a new shirt. The anticipation was probably showing on my face because the lady manager joked about how I lighted up the whole lobby.

In the elevator, I put myself together. Mr. Lee probably doesn't want me to be hyperactive this early in the morning, but it's just so hard to not show how excited I am. After being led into his office, I patiently waited for him to finish his phone call; where he was talking about someone arriving here in Seoul in a few hours.

My eyelids became heavy at his conversation slowly dragging on, I wanted to remind him that I was still in the room, but even I know that's rude.

"Amber! I guess you're ready to know whose going to be in your group correct?" His voice made me open my eyes again.

"Of course sir! But why am I the only one in your office? Am I doing a solo? I don't think I could handle that sir!" I began to fidget.

Mr. Lee only laughed "Don't worry Amber, you're the only one here because you are the second oldest, the oldest girl is coming in from China today, so I'll inform her about your group then. You are in a group with four other girls, including the one coming in today. I'm sure you know the other three though, they're Choi Jinri, Jung Soojung, and Park Sunyoung."

I jumped out of my seat and gave him a hug "Do they know yet sir? Can I tell them if they don't? This is so great! And that girl coming from China, can she speak a little Korean also? Or does she only know Chinese?"

"Amber calm down, the plan was for you to tell the other girls and Victoria knows only basic things in Korean, like how to say hello/goodbye, things like that. So I hope you'll help her."

"Can I go sir? I'm sure my friends are waiting on the edge of their seats, waiting to hear who I'm grouped with."

"Of course."


I kept my composure exiting his office, but once the door was closed I screamed internally and started jumping around. Instead of taking the elevator, I ran down the stairs jumping from one to the other.

Once again, the people in the lobby smiled at my behavior and laughed, each time they're here, something great happens. Just as quick as I entered, I left the lobby in a flash and ran back to the SNSD dorm, each and every one of them began to wake up, but not fast enough for me so I took all of their blankets to speed the process along.

"Unnies wake up! I have good news for you!" I beamed at my friends "So I went to the office today to find out what group I'm in and guess what? Sulli and Krystal and Luna and a girl called Victoria are in it! It's going to be great!"

For a few seconds, it seemed as though the world stood still and time stopped. After I told them my news, they seemed to be so happy and amazed.

"Jessica, can you tell Soojung to get Luna and Sulli over here, I haven't told them yet." I shook my friend. "Just wait! One day, all of us will be standing onstage together!"

I ran around the room, hugging each of my friends before running around again. Stopping in my tracks I noticed that my friends were stuck where they were when I told them the great news. "Guys, aren't you happy?"

Taeyeon was the first one to speak up "Amber, it's not that easy...you have to train really hard and stay up till the morning sometimes. It's extremely hard work."

"Unnie, you don't think I know that? When you guys come back at the odd hours of the morning, I'm the one who makes sure you guys go to bed safely. This is what I want to do, this is my dream and what's the point in having a dream if you're not gonna chase after it. I'll work hard, for everyone around me and I'll make you guys proud! Just trust me!" I beamed

Just then, the door open and my three band mates to be tumbled in "Amber! You should get that door fixed."

The tense atmosphere in the room was easily lifted by the presence of the three younger girls. "When I feel like fixing my door, Luna. That's when I'll fix it."

Sulli and Krystal jumped off of Luna and went off to Jessica and Tiffany, probably to gossip about something they heard while we were training.

I settled myself down on the couch and looked over at my younger friends. "So do you guys want to hear the news or no? I'm fine with you guys finding out later."

Minutes later, the three younger girls were running and hugging each other the same way I did before they arrived; making everyone in the room smile and laugh.

Luna stopped in her tracks "I wonder what the last member's going to be like..."

"Well, she's not really fluent in Korean yet, so we're going to have to teach her also." I reminded her.

"I see..."


"Guys hurry up! Do you want to see her or not?" Her flight is coming in 5 minutes! We have to run!" I jumped out of the car, driven by SNSD's manager, a close hyung of mine.

"Amber! You can't just jump out of the car like that! Are you going to do that when you debut? That's dangerous!" I could hear Jae hyung yelling

I turned around to see Sulli, Krystal and Luna finally getting out of the parked car trying to catch up with me. I grinned at the younger girls and hurried off to find Victoria, whose flight came in early.

After a good 10 minutes, I found her looking lost at the airport cafe and began to talk to her in Chinese, telling her the great news that she would be in my group with Sulli, Krystal and Luna and that we would teach her Korean, so all of us can talk freely to one another.

Just then, the three younger girls arrived smiling brightly at the sight of the older girls. They settled themselves down in nearby chairs they pushed close to the table. "Amber! Order us something to drink! All that searching made us tired."

"You guys didn't even do anything, I'm a lot more tired than you guys, but no one is getting me a drink." I pouted

"Hyung, don't complain! You're the older one!" Sulli chided me

I scoffed "Just because I'm older doesn't mean I'm invincible you know, I have feelings."

The four of us continued to bicker when we heard a loud laugh come out of the Chinese woman. "Victoria, what's so funny? These are the losers you're going to have to deal with later on with me."

"All of you are like a small family! How adorable! And that girl, she called you 'hyung', what does that even mean?"

"Hyung is pretty much the same thing as Gege, and on another note, we're not a small family, if anything we'd be one of the biggest."

"But four people isn't a lot of people, now is it?" Victoria smiled

I grinned "Not if you count yourself and the rest of SM ent. Now that is one huge family."

"I can see why you were bickering; you're just a big smart-alec now aren't you?"

"You could say that. Now let's go back to my house so we can go through introductions so these kids don't throw another fit."

As I finished that last sentence, Krystal pinched my hand while Sulli and Luna pinched my ears, said areas becoming bright red in the process.

"YAH! How could you do this to your elder? That really hurt you know...and I was just telling Victoria that we were going to go back to my house so she can meet everyone."

Krystal spoke up "Oh. Well then, let's go!" They grabbed Victoria and ran to the car, making the woman yell over at me "Am I being kidnapped by these kids?"

"Don't worry! That just means you're taking my seat in the car! I'll take a taxi over."


I knocked on the door, knowing that Yoona, Hyoyeon or Yuri set up something with the door and forgot about it. As expected, one of them set up a bucket of water, the only bad part of their plan was that they didn't expect Jessica to open the door for me. Seconds after I knocked on the door, I heard quick footsteps that stopped in front of the door to look through the eyehole, instead of the bucket...

Her scream could probably be heard from miles away, all the birds in the neighborhood flew away, startled by the noise.

"Jessica, are you okay? Let me get you some clean clothes." I stepped inside and led the shivering girl into the bathroom "You wait here."

I looked through my drawers, looking for clothes that might fit Jessica. After tearing my room inside out, I found clothes and went back to the bathroom to find Jessica sitting on the bathtub rail only wearing a pink towel, her clothes scattered all around the floor.

"U-unnie, here put these on." I gave her the clothes and rushed out of the room before she could say anything. I leaned back on the door and caught my breath, I could feel my face burning...

Yuri and Sooyoung popped up beside me, knowing grins and winks at each other, "Ooh, Amber. Did you like what you see in there? It was part of our plan, let's be honest, we can tell that Jessica has a special place in that heart of yours. So we thought that you might like that a little."

My face became even brighter.

"You should see what she does at the dorm sometimes bro, after she showers she just sits in the dorm in her towel."

I ran off, hoping to escape the embarrassment, but when I arrived in the kitchen to get water, Tiffany and Seohyun were sitting on the counter as if waiting for me. "Um… am I interrupting something?"

Tiffany smiled "Nope, starting actually."

"Amber, you really need to be honest with your feelings."

I gulped. "I AM honest. I'm like an open book with you guys."

"That you are, too bad you can't actually SPEAK your feelings."

"I do speak my feelings!" I pouted at the older girls.

Taeyeon walked in "So you've told Jessica then?"

"Told her what?"

A voice shocked us "Yeah, told me what?"

I spit out my water and started to cough, why would they do this to me?


Rubbing my eyes I entered the backyard and answered a call "Hyung, why'd you call? I'm busy."

"I doubt that, besides I have great news! They finally told us our debut song! We're taking a break right now, so I thought I'd call you and let you know! Can we stop by later?"

"You can stop by only if you guys are clean, showered and still not tired. You guys should rest you know...”

"Whatever Amber, we're perfectly fine. Don't worry about us! Key already nags us enough."

I laughed "Just making sure."


A/N: Let's just leave it at that shall we? c:<

Next time: Victoria meets the boys and Amber is confused. (but isn't she always?)

Sorry for taking so long with this update, I know it's not much. I'm trying to keep all 3 stories of mine as updated as possible...does that even make sense?

In other news, have you guys ordered the I Got a Boy album? I preordered the group cover and Twinkle a while ago, so I'm excited about it. Apparently I'm getting a preorder gift from the site as well!

As always, thank you for the support!!