Chapter 2

All My Life

I rubbed my eyes and woke up to the smell of bacon?

Why is there a bacon smell? I thought I was home alone...

I pulled myself out of bed sleepily and walked towards the kitchen to be tackled by 9 girls.

"Hey Amber! We heard the news from Sica!"

"And TaeTae also!"

I rubbed my eyes "When did you kids get here and who's cooking? I think I smell something burning."

I saw Hyoyeon and Taeyeon unnie look at each other and rush into the kitchen.

"You really don't remember when we got here? We've been here since last night, in fact, you were the one who invited us!" Sunny slapped my arm as they all got off.


"Amber, aren't you a bit young to be drinking coffee? Even I don't drink that stuff yet." Taeyeon stuck her tongue out at me.

"Isn't it because you're still a kid." I smirked at the older girl.

Yuri put me in a headlock "No one makes fun of our kid leader!"

"You guys haven't even debuted yet!" I joked.

Ever since I met Jessicat my life has gotten so much brighter, it's so hard to believe that just a few months ago...


I walked to SM Ent with Taeyeon so I could meet with LSM to talk about me joining the company.

After taking a whole 3 hours to get ready and eating, I was finally able to leave my house, the 9 girls would not stop fussing over my looks until I scolded them about cleaning up the mess hey made of my closet.


"Nice seeing you Amber, Taeyeon."

"Hello sir!"

"Let's go to my office to talk and Taeyeon you can come pick up Amber when we're done, okay?"

"Of course. Bye Amber!"


"So there's gonna be 5 members?"

"That's right; I think the 5 of you will get right along."

"Sir can we also make precautions about my mom? I don't want anyone to get hurt because of her."

"Why of course Amber, I was just going to ask you about that. How about we put the group's apartment near your house?"

I smiled, "Thank you sir, for everything. I'll be glad to work under this company and its artists."

"You can say that to them when you meet them all tonight at the company party, it'll be fun." He smiled


"Woop! Woop! It's party time!" Yoona, Yuri, Sooyoung, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon unnie yelled.

"Yah! Just how old are you guys!?" Jessica and Tiffany unnie scolded them.

"I still can't believe you guys are around the same age as those kids." I fixed my shirt.

Sunny patted my back "You'll get used to it one day Amber."

"I think we should leave now, it's already 9." Seohyun unnie pushed us out of the door.


By the time we arrived at the party, it was already full blown and alive with loud music and laughter.

"Let's have some fun!!" The 9 girls ran off to party, leaving me by myself when two guys walked up to me.

"Whoa hyung, she looks just like us!" The shorter one of the two said

"Jonghyun, do you think she's the new trainee I heard that rumor about?"

I cleared my throat. "I'm right here you know."

"Ah, right, I forgot our manners. I'm Donghae that short one is Jonghyun" Donghae smiled.

"Amber Liu." I bowed to them and hurried off to find LSM or one of the girls.


"C'mon Amber, introduce yourself to your seniors."

"Umm... hello, my name is Amber Liu, I'm 13 years old and I'm excited to work with all of you in the future." I bowed.

Yells erupted from the crowd "AHH SO CUTE!"

I heard Jessica's voice in the crowd "Oh my goodness, Amber why are you such a liuser."


I took off my shoes and locked the door, staring into the dark empty house made me think about my decision in coming here.

Is a house really a home when all your loved ones are gone?

Walking into the living room I heard crashes and glass breaking. After all this time she decides to come back?

I walked over and saw her in a rage "...mom."

She heard me and grabbed my neck. "Where have you been Yi-Yun? Mommy's been looking for you."

I looked her in the eyes, she smelled of alcohol and cigarettes. "Why are you here?"

"What am I doing HERE?" she raised her voice. "This is my home Yi-Yun. I'm the one who bought it."

"You're also the one who left her daughter here to pay for the bills, after practically beating her to death."


I stared at myself in the mirror, cuts and bruises covered my face and neck. Just what about this is cute...?

After the neighbors called the police and took away the crazy woman they told me she was just released from jail for attempting to rob a store.

We all know who's going to win mom of the year... I smiled grimly at my own thought.

There was a knock on my door and I had a feeling I knew who it was.

Sunny unnie walked in and gasped, this was the first time anyone other than Jessica saw what happened when my mom and I had a run in.

She rushed to my side "Amber! Are you okay?"

I smiled "Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"It's just-" She stopped talking and stared at me "Let's get you into some bandages." she patted my head.

"Why are you here?" I asked. Sunny and Jessica always seem to be there for me when I need them.

"I came to tell you that our debut stage at Music Core is starting soon. We were thinking you could come with us in the van."

"Let's go then!" I smiled and pushed her out of the doorway.


I found myself breathless by my friends performance, all 9 of them singing loudly and clearly, giving two hundred fifty percent. It wasn't until Yoona unnie hit my mouth shut and slapped me on my back before I noticed they were done performing and bombarding me with questions.

"How were we?

"Did you notice anything wrong?"

"Why aren't you answering?"

Were you distracted by the shorts we wore under our skirts?"

"Omg Amber you're such a ert."


I smiled widely "I think that performance deserves some ice cream..."

All 9 girls erupted into woops and screams.

"...once you guys get your trophy we'll go get some and I'll pay for once."


I leaned on the wall and chuckled, "Are you kids all cried out now? We still need to get your ice cream."

"Amber carry us! We're tired from performing and crying!"

"You say that, but you're walking around eating all the food! babo Sooyoung!" I stuck my tongue out.

"YAH!"


"Unnies can I stay over tonight? I don't want to go back home." I yawned

Yoona and Sooyoung unnie said in unison "Does that mean you'll cook us fried rice and eggs? or pancakes and bacon?" they drooled.

"Only if you buy the ingredients"

I looked out the window and watched everything fade to black...

...I woke up to two giants slobbering on my shirt and pushed them off.

5:30...Guess it's time to start cooking.

I slid off the bed and walked into the kitchen, taking out the ingredients I needed to make their breakfast.


As I was finishing up the two fatty's favorite pancakes I heard groans and shuffling feet, the nation's new popular girl group is waking up.

I poured myself some coffee and sat myself down in front of the television, watching children’s shows to understand Korean better.

I heard two loud grumbles and stomps on the floor and sighed, Yoona and Sooyoung really need to control their hunger in the morning.

"CHOCOLATE PANCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND WHIP CREAM AND POWDERED SUGAR AND CHOCOLATE! Oh sweet baby Jesus they looks so holy and majestic! Soo are we really allowed to eat these?" Yoona looked over to Sooyoung, but the other was already digging into their specially made food.

"Can't you two at least eat properly instead of just stuffing your faces? You can't savor the food the way you eat."


I felt a chill near me and knew who and what she wanted, "Your eggs benedict is in the microwave."

I heard more footsteps, "Seohyun, your sweet potato pancakes with honey cinnamon are on the counter, Sunny your vanilla waffles are next to Hyoyeon's muffin, behind Yuri's cinnamon oatmeal and in front of Taeyeon and Tiffany's chocolate chip scones."

I lied down and stared at the older girls who were all happily enjoying their breakfast and stood up. "I have to go to my first lessons today at SM, so I'll be leaving first. While I'm gone be good and don't kill each other!"


I limped to the bathroom and washed my face, it's not even 12 and I've already made an enemy. I sighed; some people are so stupid...

Next I have to go to my singing/rapping lessons...

I walked in and the room was full of people my age belting out high notes and singing...

Guess I really have to step my game up don't I?


Enjoy the update and maybe some feedback? c:

ALSO: I found Amber's baby picture; xp