Chapter 4

All My Life

Declaration of War


After introducing Victoria to the girls, they decided to make me buy dinner and snacks for everyone, since they're most likely going to stay for the night. I let out a long sigh, after spitting out my water and withstanding erted stares from my friends, I finally have some time alone to gather my thoughts and cool down. I put in my earphones and began to listen to TVXQ before beginning to walk to the market.

Halfway down the street I was tackled by Jessica "What was that for?" I moved Jessica aside so that she was no longer on top of me.

"You forgot your wallet." She smiled.

I checked my pockets "I guess you're right, thank you Jessica. Want to come to the market with me? I'll buy ice cream for the two of us after we're done."

"Just for us?" She questioned

"It'll be my thank you for bringing me my wallet." I patted her head and handed her the other earphone "I'm listening to TVXQ."


I set the groceries down on the floor of our table while I watched Jessica order for me, tip-toeing and pointing at random flavors through the glass; acting like a little kid in a huge candy store. I smiled and rested my head on my arm; it's been a long time since we've done something like this. Jessica and the others have been super busy because of their schedules, so we haven’t been able to stop by.

How could everyone think I have a crush on Jessica? I mean sure she's one of the most beautiful, smart, funny, kind, caring girls I've ever met...I don't want to lose her, I don't even think she would like someone like me. Compared to her, I'm just nobody.

I was lost in my thoughts when she set down my heavy cup in front of me "Enjoy! I picked out the flavors myself!" Jessica beamed.

"Thanks, I will!" I took a huge scoop and ate it; the flavors of each different ice cream making me shiver "It's delicious!"

She looked surprised "Really? Let me try it!" Her face changed from an excited one to a disgusted one "Amber, how can you eat this? Let me get you a new one."

I caught her by the wrists "Jessica, you don't need to. I'm fine eating what you chose for me, it makes me feel special."

As I thought, Jessica sat back down pouting like usual, but what I didn't expect was that her face became red and wouldn't face me anymore; making me blush at my own actions also. We stayed at the parlor for half an hour so we could finish our ice cream and began to walk back when I threw away our trash.

When I left the building, Jessica was already a ways ahead of me "Jessica! Don't walk so fast, I'm holding all the groceries remember? I don't want to always be behind you. Let me stand by your side!" I tried to catch up.

My last sentence stopped Jessica in her tracks, "Amber do you really mean it? Do you really?"

"Of course; you're one of the most important people to me. You saved me."

"Amber you...you really are one embarrassing kid." She gave me a quick hug and grabbed some of the groceries before running off.

I watched her disappear into the sunset and slowly walked in the same direction; one day, Jessica Jung maybe we'll get a happily ever after. But even if we don't, if we end up with different people I want you to know how important you are to me.


Everyone was waiting in front of the house when I returned, all of my friends giving me a knowing look. Asking me what took so long when Jessica arrived 15 minutes ago.

"You kids better get inside, or you won't get any food." I joked.

Yuri and Sooyoung unnie looked at me before going inside “We’re going to talk about this later mister."

I shook my head and looked at the last one outside "Victoria, are you going to get picked up soon? I'm sorry if the girls made you embarrassed or anything."

"Mhm, I'm getting picked up right now and don't worry about today. Those girls are absolutely adorable! Please tell them I said I'm thankful to have met such wonderful people on my first day in Korea. Hopefully tomorrow I can meet more of your friends, our family as you call them."

"Of course. Be up bright and early, you're meeting the boys, they can be a handful sometimes." I smiled as she entered the company car.

When I went inside, the girls were surprisingly calm instead of being their usual hyper selves "What happened? Did your new friend tire you out? I guess that's okay since I'm taking her to meet the boys tomorrow." I smiled.

"We're making an important decision Amber..." Sunny frowned.

"...which is?" I asked.

"Whether or not to play truth or dare." Yoona answered.

"Why not? I'm up for it." I smiled.


We gathered around each other on the floor, after chugging a small bottle of coke, I set it down in the middle for us to play. Krystal went first, most likely because she's the youngest; she spun the bottle and landed it on Jessica. Krystal grinned at me and whispered to Luna and Sulli on what she should do.

"Unnie, truth or dare?" She smiled sweetly.

Jessica hesitated "I'll take dare."

"I dare you to kiss Amber on the cheek."

The older girl looked at me and shrugged "Okay."

In seconds, her soft lips were on me and I could feel myself heating up, when she was done, Jessica quickly spun the bottle to divert everyone's attention. I was probably smiling like an idiot because the next thing I know, water is splashed on me. "Guys, really? Not cool."

"Sorry hyung, but that was my dare. Jessica unnie told me to." Sulli smiled innocently.

"Not fair..." I pouted.

The next five rounds were painful, especially for me, each round someone would either: sit in my lap like Yuri and Sunny had to, give me a back hug like Taeyeon, smile brightly at me like Tiffany unnie and do aegyo like Sooyoung and Seohyun.

By the time it was my turn, I thought I would die from embarrassment.

"Amber, are you paying attention?"

"Of course Seohyun, tell me my dare." I looked at her with pleading eyes

Seohyun clapped her hands together "I dare you to, kiss Jessica unnie! On the forehead."

"Seohyun, that's kind of...embarrassing, besides I don't think Jessica, would be ok with that." I blushed madly.

Everyone looked over to the said girl "I don't really care, but Amber you said dare so I think you should...” Her voice grew quiet as she said the last part.

I scratched my head and walked in front of Jessica, lowered my head and slowly kissed the top of her forehead and hugged her "unnie, mianhe."

Using all my power, I spun the bottle only to have it land on myself...

"Ooh, Amber got herself! I didn't think I would ever have to say this rule, but Amber Liu you will now have to do a dare we all agree on for landing on yourself." Taeyeon laughed and they all left the room.

Minutes later, all of them reappeared with my stereo and iPod. "Amber Liu, you will have to dance TVXQ's Mirotic in front of us."

"It's not like I have a choice anyway...” I stood up and took off my jacket, leaving me in my V-neck and skinny jeans.


I wiped off my sweat and stared at my friends, "Happy now?" I tried to get my breathing under control. Each and every one of them were smiling like erts, Taeyeon had even taken a video of me dancing... I walked to the sink to wash my face quickly and sat back down at my spot.

"Do you guys not want to play anymore? Does that mean I win grand prize?" I smiled.

Jessica made me stand up "Amber. Bed, NOW."

"What, why? I'm close to winning, I think..." Jessica dragged me to my room and pushed me into bed, only to have her settle down beside me.

"Jessica, wh-what are you doing?" I blushed.

"I'm trying to sleep, what else?"

"But I'm right here." I stared at the back of her head.

Suddenly, Jessica snuggled into my chest. "I know, I feel safe when you're here with me. So please, at least stay with me until I fall asleep."

"I guess I could stay here until you fall asleep. No biggie." I patted her head and closed my eyes.


The next morning, I woke up and beside me, Jessica was sound asleep. Carefully, I got off the bed and went into the kitchen to make some food for everyone. Using the leftovers from last night, I was able to make a kicking fried rice.

Not long after, the girls began to wake up and get ready for the day, some showering first while others choose eating as their first option. I sat on the couch sipping my coffee when Yuri and Sooyoung unnie jumped beside me. "Amber! What happened yesterday? Jessica has never acted that way before!"

Sooyoung nodded in agreement "And when you guys came home from the market, she was so flustered, she went straight to your room."

"I've never seen Jessi like that either Amber..." Tiffany unnie pouted. "I'm kind of jealous."

"What's up with you guys and me and Jessica? We're close friends, okay? She's an important person to me; I don't want you guys to make me lose her." I scolded my friends.


I sternly looked at each of my friends, "If this house is wrecked when I get home, you guys are so dead."

Each of them looked to Jessica "Don't worry Amber, it's not like we're going to do something stupid."

"I hope so, bye guys. Be good." I waved to my friends and entered the car.

"Amber~ Who am I meeting today?" The Chinese woman was excited.

"You're gonna meet Super Junior first, then we're going to go to the training rooms so you can meet SHINee, they're practicing their debut song already."

"Fantastic!"


"Hyung! Open up! I brought a new trainee!" I banged on the door. "She wants to meet you!"

After 5 minutes, Heechul finally opened the door, "Hey Amber-" he looked behind me and saw Victoria "-and hello Ms. umm"

"This is Victoria Song, she came in yesterday from China." I answered.

The rest of the boys rushed into the living room, "Amber! Why didn't you call?" Donghae complained.

"I did, no one answered."

"Mianhe, Amber." They laughed.

"Anyways, getting back on track, guys. This is Victoria Song, she flew in from China yesterday, so she doesn't really understand Korean yet."

After translating their messages to her, we said goodbye and began to head towards the SMent building. I lead her to the practice rooms after explaining what everyone does here, what kind of rooms there were.

"Jonghyun, are you guys there? I'm here with my new group mate." I opened the door and quietly closed it, the sight of my friends already practicing for debut made me jealous.

"One day Victoria, that's what all five of us will be doing, we'll be working hard for our debut and comebacks."

"I know...I can't wait"

We spent another hour and a half talking and playing with the SHINee boys before we decided that we were interrupting their practice.

"When you guys aren't so busy, you can talk more. Don't worry!"

After I dropped off Victoria at her dorm, I walked back home and checked my phone:

6 Missed Messages, 1 Missed Call:

HeeHee: Let me be the first to know when Victoria can speak Korean fluently!

FlaMinho: Do you think Victoria noona likes me?

GorJess: Amber~

GorJess:Where are you?

GorJess: Amber, Taeyeon ate all my rice ; ^ ;

GorJess: When you come home, just know...it wasn't my fault

I closed my phone and didn't even bother listening to the missed call, most likely Yuri apologizing for something and ran the rest of the way home. When I arrived, the lights were off and all twelve of them were passed out in front of the TV, probably falling asleep watching a movie again. I chuckled and sat down on the counter and decided to message Heechul and Minho back.

HeeHee: Let me be the first to know when Victoria can speak Korean fluently!

-Why? You'll find out anyway, so what's the point in finding out first?

FlaMinho: Do you think Victoria noona likes me?

- Dude...seriously? You're acting like Heechul right now. Why do you guys care so much about Victoria? You guys don't know each other that well yet.

In minutes, I got a reply from both boys

HeeHee: It MATTERS YOU DINOHEAD, don't tell me you like her? If you do, then I'm sorry to say, but this IS WAR.

FlaMinho: I just want to know okay? Why does Heechul hyung liker her too? Amber, I'm sorry you're caught up in this, but THIS is WAR.

I face palmed at my friends and messaged both of them. How can they be so stupid? Even I'm not like that. I put blankets over my friends and kept talking to the two lovebirds and before I knew it, I was sound asleep.


A/N: My present to you guys for not paying a lot of attention to this fic. ; ^ ; I love you all. 2 updates in one day!

I'm pretty sure this is the longest chapter I've written, ever.

Hope you enjoyed!