Chapter 16

All My Life

Here's to those moments; those moments we live for.


The moments that keep us going, those moments bathed in light during a time of darkness.

Those moments that make you feel warm and safe and happy whenever you think of them.

Those are the moments we live for.


Amber Liu, now 22 years old and still a member of f(x) (whose popularity is still growing strongly), is happy with her life.

With a loving dog, girlfriend, family and precious friends, whom she absolutely adores, and supports. Every day is like a fairy tale, getting to interact with famous celebrities, being financially stable, having loving and supportive people around her.

She had a life many would die for.

Sure, most of the time the road was tough, but she got through it and kept smiling and looking towards the future.

She was finally happy.


For Amber, happiness was f(x).

Happiness was waking up and eating breakfast together, no matter how chaotic or rushed it was.

Happiness was racing each other to the bathroom, or to the couch for a good seat.

Happiness was all the practices where they ended up lying on the floor, sweating and laughing together.

Happiness was playing games to decide who gets to eat first.

Happiness is realizing that no matter what, f(x) will always be there.


For Amber, happiness was Sai.

Happiness was waking up to a huge baby her face and bothering Jessica.

Happiness was walking around the city together when no one else wanted to get out of their beds.

Happiness was knowing that there's gonna be a treat after a trick.

Happiness was having a cuddle buddy during scary movies no one else will watch.

Happiness is knowing that even if the whole world will turn against her, Sai will be by her side.


For Amber, happiness was friends.

Happiness was having huge sleepovers just to play stupid games and eat junk food.

Happiness was going to karaoke and getting scores in the 20's, despite you're all singers.

Happiness was forcing others to try your new dishes.

Happiness was helping others after they get sick from said dishes.

Happiness is believing that some friends are irreplaceable.


For Amber, happiness was her family.

Happiness was knowing that they were all safe and sound.

Happiness was when no one was arguing.

Happiness was meeting people that made them happy.

Happiness was knowing that there's more people that love and support you.

Happiness is learning that a family never really stops growing.


For Amber, happiness was Jessica Jung.

Happiness was getting a friend when she was all alone.

Happiness was a door to new opportunities.

Happiness was a wave of unexpected feelings.

Happiness was a girlfriend who will love you unconditionally.

Happiness is the reassurance of having someone beside you, during all your rough times.


These moments we live for, these people we live for, all these things keep us going.

Though the sadness and pain may be right around the corner, these moments will never end.

All around us, there is light and there is darkness.

We cannot have one without the other, as is life.

But perhaps all the pain is worth it, for these moments we live for.