An official date (Part 1)

Along for the ride

    The ride to brunch was increditably awkward. Jiyong's eyes were staring straight ahead (and not on me) as he drove. The entire ride I just sat in silence and thought. I thought about stuff like, why the was he here? Why didn't he acknowledge me last night? And why was he acting like what he did in Starbucks never happened. Before we reached our destination I decided that Jiyong was as easy to read as a six-year-old kid's handwriting.

    We pulled up to a fancy looking restaurant. It was defiantly one I haven't been to before. After he parked I started to take of my seat belt.

   "No wait," he said before stepping out of the car and shutting the door. I watched as he walked over to my side and slowly opened the door, holding his hand out for me to take as I exited. I took his hand and stepped out of the car, feeling like a betrayal to myself, and smiled bitterly as I got out.

    Once we we're lead to our table I didn't dare pick up the menu. I watched Jiyong as he coolly looked over the menu. I took this time to look at him, I mean really look at him. His hair, had blue in it. I could have swore it was still blonde last night. How had I not noticed this before? Well maybe if I wasn't so busy letting him eye me I would have noticed sooner.

   When the waitress came he told her our drinks and orders before she took the menus and rushed off. The place was pretty packed. Other important looking people, like me, were sitting in their suits talking to other important looking people. And then there was Jiyong. y, flamboyant, semi blue hair and all.

   It was then that Jiyong began to stare at me with those eyes of his again. He leaned forward in his chair and sat his elbows on the table, his hands intertwined with each other. The table was somewhat small. I could feel his knees rubbing against mine, his elbows practically one inch away from being on my side of the table. In other words he was way to close. I could not trust myself being this close to him. Not after the Starbucks incident...

   "Tell me about him."

   "Who?"

   "You know who."

    Believe me when I said I was surprised when he asked me to tell him 'about him'. At first I was a bit confused, then a light bulb went off. He saw Seunghyun put his arm around me last night at the fashion show. . I wanted to ing kill Seunghyun right now. Part of me wanted to lead him on to see if he was jealous. But of course he was, after all, why would he be asking about him now.

   "His name is Choi Seunghyun. He's an actor," I confessed. I watched as Jiyong nodded slightly, hi eyes leaving me and looking down at the table.

    "An actor, huh," was all he said. Then I remembered what happened last night. After Seunghyun put his arm around me Jiyong asked the man  sitting beside him something about us and the man answered. I wandered what it was. Whatever it was the man's answer must have not been that helpful. Either that or Jiyong knew more than what he was letting on.

   "You don't seem like the actor type," he said before leaning back in his seat, his gaze returning back to me. I watched as he self-consciously played with the rings on his fingers, trying to avoid his gaze.

   "I'm not," I scoffed. Jiyong stopped playing with his rings and smirked. 

   "I know," he said.

   Ugh this man was frustrating. I had absolutely no clue where he was trying to get at. Maybe he knew nothing was going on between me and Seunghyun and just wanted to pull my strings. I wouldn't be surprised. He did stupid like this all the time when we we're younger. But he seemed almost like a completely different person now. Well, he may be on the outside. But on the inside there was still the mysterious and devious Jiyong I used to play with as a kid.

   "Actually," he continued, starting to play with his rings again. "A kind man last night told me you two weren't together. But he's an idol, no one really knows stuff about their personal life."

   Jiyong looked at me expectantly.

   "What," I asked. Just what was he trying to get at?

   "So are you two dating, ing, whatever," he asked bluntly, his eyes burning wholes through my skull. I swear at that moment I wanted to puke. Never in a million years could I see myself having with a creep like Choi Seunghyun. I guess my face must have shown my disgust because he chuckled a bit before leaning back on to the table. I could smell his intoxicating scent as he did so. Damn it. For a minuet I had gained control of myself. Only to remind myself just who I was eating brunch with. The y Kwon Jiyong.

   "So what is your relationship with him," he asked. I was almost completely sure Jiyong was jealous. But then again maybe he wasn't. After all I'm just his old childhood friend he happened to finger in a very public place one day.

   "There isn't one," I began. "He stalks me, I hate him, he continues to stalk me. It's a vicious cycle."

   Jiyong nodded as if he understood, but lord only knows what he was really thinking. 

  "Define 'stalk'," he said, his eyes concentrated on me. I felt myself feel tongue tied again. If only this man knew what those stares of his did to me.

  "By 'stalk' I mean he follows me around sometimes, pops up at my villa, tries to kiss me. That kind of stuff."

   I tried to say all of it like it didn't really bother me, but even I could hear the annoyance in my voice. Jiyong looked me up and down. Much like he did the night we ate at Little Italy. He smirked and bit his lip.

   "Who could blame him," he said. I'm almost one hundred percent sure I had then turned the color of a ripe tomato. I looked down at my lap and played with my hands awkwardly as he continued to stare at me. He chucked at my awkwardness before leaning back in his chair. 

   "Anyway, It's good you two aren't together," he said coolly. I knew why didn't me to be with Seunghyung, but why didn't Jiyong?

   "Why," I asked, my curiosity getting the better of me.

   "Because right now, you and me are on a date."

 

    

 

 

 

 

(A/N: SORRY GUYS! I had a mini witers block :p. Sorry for the horrible chapter. I WILL update soon!)