Sympathy for the Devil

Along for the ride

   After the initial shock wore off, Seunghyun and I just sat down in his back yard and talked. He talked about his mother, his shaky relationship with his family, and his career. Then, after a while, about me.

   "You know," he began. "I'm not even sure I love you."

    "Really," I asked, genuinely curious. I always wandered why Seunghyun felt the need to stalk me. I know that at that New Year's party we had some kind of mis-connection. But that alone wasn't enough to stalk someone.

    "Yeah," Seunghyun said thoughtfully, his eyebrows furrowing before turning to me. "I can though."

     I laughed at that. I don't know why I laughed to be completely honest. Maybe it's because I got so comfortable with him in this last hour that his sudden crazy im-trying-to-flirt-with-you talk brought me back to earth. I was sitting in my stalker's back yard and talking to him like we were long time friends. . What was I thinking.

   "Just what do you mean by that," I said once I finished laughing at my own stupidity. Well, I was here now. Might as well enjoy what bit of normalcy Seunghyun had to offer.

    "I don't know I guess-," he paused and looked off to nowhere in deep thought. "I guess I never really loved anyone. I thought I loved Tiffany, and I did, but in more of a sister type of way. But what I feel for you is completely different. It's the closest I've ever felt to real love. I- I just don't know what it is."

   I once again felt myself sympathizing for Seunghyun. It was kind of ironic actually. Someone with so many people who loved him never truly expericenced it himself. I've heard of the saying "It's lonely at the top" but never really seen it in real life. I wonder, whenever Seunghyun felt lonely, did he come to me? Only to be turned away?

    "Well," I began. "Maybe I'm not the right girl for you. Maybe you've gotta keep searching."

    Seunghyun, while still looking into the distance, shook his head. 

    "You may not be the right girl for me but I don't care. I'm in too deep to look back now."

   I wanted to scream in fustraition. What in the world could I do to get Seunghyun to leave me alone? I don't have feelings for him and never will. And obviously the guy isn't even in love with me. So why does he keep feeding into these delusions of his? I let out a loud sigh.

   "Seunghyun, I'm with Jiyong right now. I love him and he loves me. And I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd back off," I said.

   Seungyun only smiled that famous sideways smile of his and turned to look at me dead in the eye.

    "I don't know if you noticed but I'm a very determined man, Soonkyu. I will get what I want, and what I want is you. I could give two s who you're with. Mark my words, you will be mine."

    And just like that creepy Seunghyun is back. As I began to stand up from my chair and walk back to my car, Seunghyun grabbed my wrist.

    "And I didn't forget what happened last week at that cafe. You're still going to pay for that," he said menacingly. He gave me an evil smile and wink before finally letting me go.

 

   I made it back to my villa at about nine o'clock at night. I was now even more Seunghyun-paranoid than ever. How stupid could I be? Sure I felt sorry for him, but the guy was a boneafied creep. One moment he goes from being warm and likeable to cold and scary. And I can't believe he was actually serious about that that happened last week during me and Jiyong's date. I thought he was just being menacing. Just saying that to mess with me. But like he said, he's a very determined man.

   I typed in the code to unlock my door, walked in, and slowly closed my door behind me. And laying there, on my couch, was a sleeping Jiyong. He lay on his back with his his legs crossed and feet resting on the couch's armrest. His hands we're folded over his stomach, his many rings shining in the slight darkness. He was still dressed in the clothes he wore today. A white v-neck with a studded and diamond incrusted black leather jacket, black jeans with a Chrome Hearts belt and studded Christian Louibiton shoes. I smiled. Even while asleep Jiyong had an overwhelming amount of swag.

   I walked over to him quitely and kneeled next to the couch. I ran my hair through his blonde and blue locks softly before kissing him gently on his forehead. I then felt his hands reach up and caress my face before bringing my lips to his. Huh, guess he wasn't asleep after all. 

   "Why are you here," I asked in a sing-song voice. Sure I gave him my door code but he had yet to use it till now. He slowly opened his eyes slowly and smiled at me before pecking me on the lips gently.

   "I just wanted to see you tonight," he admitted. I almost cried. Who could ask for a more perfect boyfriend? I smiled again and crawled onto the couch next to him, his arms wrapping around me. I laid my head on his chest and just listened to his heart until I began to fall asleep.

   I decided not to worry about Seunghyun. Whatever storm he may be brining our way, we'd overcome it.