Well This Complicates Things

Along for the ride

As luck would have it, Hyungseung was in the show. It was about a third of the way through before Hyungseung walked onto the runway with his signature strut and blank yet mysterious expression. The press section at the end of the runway was then set ablaze with bright camera flashes. And while Hyungseung was certaninly a supermodel in every sense of the word and is one of Korea's top models this sort of fanfare is strage for even him, a slightly bewildered expression only momentarily breaking his usually cool facade. I felt Sooyoung's sharp elbow poke me in the rib before leaning in to whisper in my ear for what felt like the tousandth time that night. "I don't think he even knows she's here."

But the press certainly did. This was the first time they had even been in the same room since their infamous breakup and while the general public may have not known about the restraining order he filed, glancing at the ferocious photographers I could only guess an insider gave them an anonomys tip. Judging by how most people in the audience silently gasped before turning and wispering to eachother it became increasingly clear that most of them hadn't known he was going to be here.

Sooyoung and I then looked over to Hyuna in unison. She sat seated in the same cross legged position she had throughout most of the show, but she was slightly leaned forward now. And although her eyes were hidden behind those huge black shades I could only imagine the look of longing that she probably had on her face at that moment. 

Hyungseung, still aparently unaware of Hyuna's prescence, reached the end of the runway before turning around and walking back towards the front. I wish I was exaggerating when I felt like the entire room collectively held it's breath. He was halfway done with his walk back to backstage where he stumbled ever-so-slightly. Honestly the stumble was so subtle that if you blinked you would have missed it. But we didn't, literally everyone saw it. He knew Hyuna was there.

As soon as Hyunseung disappeared backstage and another model stepped onto the runway wearing one of Jiyong's fabulous designs the tension was almost instantly released from the room.The first thing I thought was 'Oh no, poor Jiyong'. This was supposed to be his show, his long awaited comeback, his moment and it was being eclipsed by tabloid drama. I could just see tomorrow's papers and fashion blog posts right now: Hyungseung Ambushed By Hyuna at Kwon Jiyong Show or Hyuna and Hyungseung; The Actual Highlight of Kwon Jiyong's New Collection. 

I looked back at Yongguk and asked him to hand me my purse in which I had told him to hold since arrival and dug within it's disorganized compartments to find my phone.

"Damn, Twitter is blowing up right now." I looked over at Chaerin who help her phone in her hands, scrolling down her twitter feed. "Hyuna and Hyungseung are trending as we speak. How the did word get out so fast?"

"What? What do you mean," I asked. Chaerin then held her phone up to my face. She was right. Twitter was going crazy, new tweets rolling in my the second. 

"Wow, this is so exciting," Sooyoung nearly squealed. I paled.

.

You see, Jiyong has two phones. One personal phone and one for everything work related. He had a google and Twitter alert set up for annything that had to do with him and if I knew Jiyong, which I do, I knew he was backstage anxiously scrolling down that feed at that very moment. 

I finally managed to fish my phone out of my pure before hurriedly texting him.

Hey, are you okay?

I waited for a reply throughout the remainder of the show.

No text from Jiyong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as the show ended I shot out of my seat and hauled backstage. I didn't even wait for Chaerin and Sooyoung to follow me, I needed to see Jiyong.

Backstage was just as crowded as the show itself. Designers, models, and honored atendees stood mingling with bubbly cocktails in their hands. And as I politely pushed past them in search of Jiyong I couldn't help but to hear the names of Hyuna and Hyunseung on everyone's tongues. 

"Hey there speed racer," Tiffany said lightheartedly, grabbing my arm to stop me. I hadn't even noticed her standing beside me before and while I felt terrible my mind was somewhere else. "Where are you rushing off to? Me and Sandara were just talking about that crazy Hyuna and Hyungseung incident that went down. Apparently he had filed a restraining order or something? Did you hear about that?"

"Yeah, yeah," I replied offhandedly. "Have you seen Jiyong anywhere?"

Tiffany, most likely sensing something was off, lowered her eyebrows in concern. "Uh yeah, actually. I think I remember seeing him over by the bar talking to a few other people. Is everything-"

"Everything is fine, thanks Tiff."

I walked to the furthermost wall of the room where the makeup stations had been that was now occupied by a bar that must have been assembeled during the show. I scanned the people sitting at or standing around it before my eyes landed on a familiar mint green mop of hair.

"Jiyong," I exclaimed, pushing my way through the few people that were standing between us. His head perked up and he turned around to see me, the small munchkin I am, hurdling at him full speed before I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him into a tight embrace.

"Sunny," he said in a rather surprised voice. "Wow, I don't think I've ever seen you move that fast in heels before."

He had returned back to his regular smug self, thank God.

"Are you okay? You didn't answer my text," I asked, tearing my face away from his chest to look up at him. He let out a low chuckle before running a hand through my hair. 

"I'm fine, really," he cooed and leaned down to place a soft kiss on my forehead. "Was my Sunny worried?"

Ugh, I hated and loved when he did this. I guess somewhere during the development of our relationship Jiyong thought that it was funny to treat me like a baby sometimes beacuse he claimed I was "easily excitable". Given he said this after I got super scared and refused to walk anywhere in the villa alone and clung onto him wherever he went after we finished a scary movie marathon. And while I loved the attention I hated the fact that he was blatantly teasing me.

"Yes, I was. You've been stressing over this show for months as it is and I was afraid you were mad about the whole Hyuna and Hyunseung incident."

He let out a small hum. "I was for a little, but in the end I just thought ' it'. It's going to be this line they remember in ten years, not this Saturday gossip column nonsense."

To say I was surprised by his reaction was an understatement. I fully expected for him to be belligerently angry considering all the time and planning that went into tonight but he was, somehow, handling it pretty well.

Looking at him calmly and coyly smiling down at me reminded me of how we had re-met that night in Little Italy. He seemed at peace, he seemed guninely happy.

"You seem surprised," he mused.

"I am. How are you so calm right now?"

"A little someone told me to not stress."

"Oh really?"

He hums an affirmative and nods his head.

"Where was she when you blew your top on that makeup artist before the show?"

He laughed before leaning down and lightly pecking me on the lips. "I lost her moemtarily. But she's here now."

A smile broke out on my face. I was just about to for how unbelieveably cheesy that comment was when Sooyoung, Chaerin, and Yongguk ambushed us.

"Aww look at these love birds," Sooyoung sing-songed, throwing her arms around our shoulders. "They're so cute it's sickening."

"Gee, thanks Soo." I gritted through my teeth as I pried her arm from my shoulder. 

"Um, Miss Lee," Yongguk piped up. Looking rather uncomfortable and out of place seeing me, his boss, being intamate with my boyfriend. "It's getting relatively late. Is it alright if I head home for the night?"

Wow okay, now I felt horrible. In my rush to get backstage to make sure Jiyong was okay I forgot to dismiss Yongguk completely. I has gotten used to Jessica being more of a friend than an assistant during her later days working for me. It had even gotten to the point where I had all but passed off all the actual assitantly duties off to random interns, preferring to have Jessica accompany me as a friend rather than be wrapped up in actual work. "Oh yeah, of course. God, I'm so sorry Yongguk."

He smiled politely and shook his head. "It's okay, really."

We all bid him goodbye before he began to walk towards the exit.

"Say," Chaerin mused, staring after him. "Does Yongguk have a car or does he take the subway?"

I sighed. "Just go and ask to give him a ride."

Chaerin literally did not have to be told twice. As soon as the words left my lips she was speed walking after him, waving her hands and yelling his name to get his attention.

"That poor kid," Jiyong said as the three of us watched after them. "Chaerin is going to eat him alive."

"Hopefully not. I'm really hoping he does file a ual harassment case against her. I could honestly use it, it's been a slow few months." Sooyoung said as she took her seat on the empty barstool sitting beside us.

"Really?" I asked. "What about Hyunseung's restraining order?"

Sooyoung scoffed and leaned over the bar to order yet another margarita before turning back to us. "Hyunseung filed the restraining order with his lawyer. I work for Hyuna. And being that she blatantly violated the restraining order I'll most likely have to meet up with Hyungseung's lawyer and try to negoiate a way for them to not drag her into court so that'll be something."

While there was a slight possibility I higly doubt Hyunseung would agree to settle out of court. If there was one thing his interviews following the breakup suggested it was that he was fed up with Hyuna and never, ever, wanted to see her again.

"I wish I had known about all of this before I invited her to the show," Jiyong sighed. Sooyoung and I just laughed.

Jiyong was so out of the loop when it comes to Korean pop culture its actually comical. During his time in America he had truly immersed himself in that world, adapting to his new surroundings and seemingly forgetting everything about Korea but the language. Sooyoung and I would often blatantly talk about celebrity news and gossip right in front of him, watching as his expression grew more and more confused until he was forced to ask just who and what we were talking about.

Jiyong new of Hyuna and Hyunseung but doesn't know their releationship like everyone else in Korea, or all of Asia for that matter. They were sort of the Korean Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake. Before Hyungseung was a established model he was a popular member of a failed idol group. He and Hyuna had met in their late teens and had been on again and off again ever since. They were the first idol couple to be extremely public with their relationship. They attended red carpet events with eachother, sat together during award shows instead of with their respective groups, they were even so popular together that they began to endorse brands as a couple. Even when their groups broke apart and Hyuna became a soloist and Hyunseung became a world renowned model they stayed strong. Well, strong for them that is. Which meant that though they broke up all the time they always ended up back together. A modern Shakesperian romance. 

"You know, you used to date Hyuna in elementary school." Sooyoung said to Jiyong, taking a sip of the new margarita that was just handed to her by the bartender. 

I watched as Jiyong's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "I did?"

"You did," I assured. "Remeber? The girl with the ice cream clips in her hair? You literally went up and kissed her cheek during the middle of lunch."

"Oh," Jiyong said, his eyebrows unfurrowing. "That Hyuna. Huh, I guess I did."

"That's all you have to say?" I asked even though I honestly wasn't surprised by the underwhelming reaction. 

"Why," he questioned, a teasing undertone already sneaking into his voice. "Is my Sunny jealous?"

I scoffed. Me? Jealous? Of a super hot and super single popstar he had dated in elementary school? No, not at all.

"I'm not jealous. Just expected more of a reaction. That's all."

Jiyong chuckled and pulled me closer into his arms before placing what have had to be the thousandth peck on my forehead that night. "Good. Beacause there's no need to be."

Sooyoung then decided that would be the perfect moment to make an obnoxious gagging sound to which Jiyong and I both laughed. Just as I was about to make a comment about her budding drinking problem a familiar voice interrupted.

"Hey, long time no see."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: It's me! Back from the dead! Rise, Author-nim, Rise! Okay, I'll stop that now. Wow first I have to say sorry for being MIA for literally years. A lot was going on in my life and a lot still is tbh. I'm in college now so yay! My first year literally ended last friday and more life changes are happening even now so yeah. Out of all my stories this was the one I had enjoyed writing the most and the more and more I read back over it (and cringed at my atrocious grammar) the more I felt the need to finish it. I literally cannot make any garuntees as to when it'll be finished but I'm motivated again so be looking out for updates! Thanks for any of you that actually stuck around this long because wow, I wouldn't have tbh. Like I would have stopped reading my own story ages ago because my god I'm flaky. Thanks again!)