An Official Date (Part 4 of 4) [Together ]

Along for the ride

   We arrived at a small clearing. A small river ran trough the middle of it the light of the setting sun reflecting upon it. The trees around the clearing towered over the car. An occasional breeze passed by, rustling their leaves gently before going back to being calmly still.  Something was oddly familiar about it. Jiyong sat beside me silently. There was nothing awkward about it though. It was almost like a comfortable silence. Like every thing was calm and exactaly as it should be. 

   "Do you remember this place," Jiyong asked. In all truth, I didn't. It seemed oddly familiar though. Like an old cartoon that you vaguely remember seeing as a kid. 

    "Vaguely," I admitted. I then heard Jiyong chuckle. 

    "It's where we first met," he said. Then it all came rushing back to me. Sooyoung playing in the river, a kid coming up behind me, pushing me in. I smiled. As much as Sooyoung fondly remembers Jiyong now-a-days, she never quite forgave him for that. As kids she felt it was her job to bug me and make me take risks. When Jiyong came in he pretty much did all that for me and more.

   As a kid, Jiyong was quite the player. Well at least he thought he was. His first 'girlfriend' he had was at the age of ten. I remember her name, Hyuna Kim. I never really liked Hyuna. She and her crew would always run the playground during recess. The boys would always blush whenever any of them even glanced in their direction.

    Hyuna happened to be the head of this clique. He orange-brown hair would always have glittery ice cream hair clips in them. Her school uniform always accessorized with pink knee socks and various bracelets. 

   Hyuna, unlike the rest of her crew, never aloud herself to have a 'boyfriend'. She always said she found them "icky" and "dirty". When Jiyong came to town all of that changed.

    All I know is that one day during lunch he waltzed over to her class' table, kissed her on the cheek, and waltzed back over to his place beside Sooyoung and I. Hyuna blushed like a mad man. The rest of lunch she'd glance in Jiyong's direction occasionally then blush and giggle along with her friends. 

   The two dated for only two weeks. The relationship ending after Jiyong dumped her for being to "clingy". It didn't take long for him to woo her friend Nana, the vicious cycle repeating itself till Jiyong moved away at the age of 13. I wander what would Jiyong say if he knew Hyuna was a huge star here in Korea now.

   I smiled at the memory. The hilarious thing was that Jiyong wasn't even that good-looking. Looking back on it that one kid Kyunghyun was better looking and more popular. But Jiyong always has been a ladies man. Good-looking or not (though he totally is now).

   "What are you smiling about," he asked curiously. 

   "Nothing," I said shaking my head while giggling. "Just remembering Hyuna."

   "That one girl I went out with when we we're kids? Why, you jealous," he asked cockily. Any other person would have rolled their eyes at Jiyong's blunt cockiness. But I've almost grown accustomed to it. I even liked it. It was kind of... y.

   "No," I answered. "It's just that you weren't even that good-looking of a kid."

     I was full out laughing now. Don't ask me why, I don't even know. All I know it that it seemed so irresistably hilarious to me. Maybe its because of how handsome he was now. And as a kid he was kind of ugly yet could make any girl he wanted melt. I didn't even have to look at him to know that his pride was slightly hurt.

   "Yeah I wasn't," he admitted, leaning his seat back a bit. He put his hands up behind his head and sighed. "But even after all those girls, I never got the one I really wanted."

   I was a bit taken aback by that. As far as I seen it Jiyong did get every girl he wanted. Any girl he set his sights on, boom, she was his. Kind of like how Seunghyun. I shivered at that.

   "And who was that," I said playfully. Jiyong only sat silently and looked out of the front window.

  "You," he said. 

   My heart fluttered, my breathing stopped, my ears pounded. I kind of knew Jiyong liked me now but... since we were kids? How long has he liked me, wanted me, needed me?

    All those times when we we're kids and we played by ourselves. All those times he took my hand into his when I was scared. The entire time he had feelings for me. I felt like such a fool for only taking interest now. Only really having feelings for him now that he's handsome and a famous designer. God, I'm such an awful person.

   "Jiyong I-," but before I could finish his lips we're on mine, kissing me ever so gently. The kiss was soft and lingering. His lips warm and plush like pillows. I loved every second of it. When he finnaly pulled away he smiled at me slightly. I smiled back while blushing madly.

   "Let's get you home," he said before kissing my forehead. 

   On the ride back home there seemed to be a mutual understanding between us. We we're an official couple.

    All of that calling himself my boyfriend and claiming me as his kind of didn't mean till he finnaly kissed me. We we're togeather now, weather we liked it or not. 

 

 

 

 

 

   

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N:  Waddap my homies? Lol jk. Next chapter will be better I promise. As you guys know from previous A/N there will be conflict for the new couple. Once again sorry for it being so short. I'll update soon!!)