An Offcial Date (Part 3/4 of 4) [Along for the Ride ]

Along for the ride

   "Where are we going now," I asked curiously. Jiyong only smiled and continued driving.

    We we're headed up a long winding path where the towering trees made it seem like some enchanted forest you read about in fairytales. The sound of the tires of Jiyong's car was the only sound as we made our way to what seemed like nowhere. I would be lying if I said I wasn't curious as to where Jiyong was taking me. In the back of my mind I had began imagining he was some sadistic serial killer who was going to kill me and dump my body right here in the woods. I knew the idea was far fetched, but that's what watching too many crime shows will do to you.

   I pressed my nose against the glass as we continued up the path. I saw the reflection of my own eyes staring back at me along with the fading trees. I looked into my eyes for a moment. They seemed so... plain.

    But that's how I always viewed myself, plain. I sometimes wander how I even am friends with people like Victoria and Tiffany. Both are so beautiful and passionate about their careers and life. I was once that ambitious girl that wouldn't take no for an answer. People used to tremble at the sight of me. I was a strong, independent, and determined woman. Now I often felt like a ghost of that girl. 

   After my magazine company started I felt on top of the world. I remember running into to Sooyoung's law school while she was in class and her squealing and jumping around with me. But over the years my drive and motivation seemed to fade away. Instead of strutting into my office I slumped in with my head hung low. Instead of being happy once a new issue was put out I groaned about the new one we had to begin working on.

    I think the lowest point for me was at that New Years party last year when I met Seunghyun. I remember standing in the corner of the room while everyone screamed 'Happy New Years' and hugged each other. I remember feeling so alone, empty, tired. I never usually feel self-pity but I sure did at that moment. All I wanted to do was leave, but I knew Sooyoung would kill me if I did. So instead I made my way to the bathroom so I could at least feel sorry for myself alone.

   New Years of Last Year

   I made my way through the crowd of happy party-goers. All of them had the biggest smile on their faces, as if they we're mocking me. I wanted to smile too. But there was no reason to. As I came closer to the bathroom a tall figure stood stopped in front of me. I groaned. I didn't have time for this. 

   "Could you please move," I said without looking up. "I don't feel to well and the last thing I need is for you to be in my way."

   I heard the figure in front of me let out a low chuckle. My eyes widened, I knew that voice. It was only the most famous voice in Korea. It was the voice on every commercial, movie, and drama. I slowly looked up and sure enough, it was the infamous Choi Seunghyun. I was star struck at first. He was even more handsome in real life than on TV. His brown hair was ruffled in a bed-head looking way that suited him in all the right ways. His eye lashes were much longer and thicker than most girls' I knew. And his smirk was enough to make any girl fall to her knees. Except for me. In a matter of seconds I decided I didn't like Choi Seunghyun. As perfect as he may be, he wasn't for me.

   "Not feeling well, huh," he said, his eyes concentrated on mine. They seemed to gleam with that same kind of gleam that guys have in dramas when they find the girl of their dreams. But I knew all too well that it was just an act. A trick to make girls fawn over him, and I wasn't having it. 

   "Well neither am I," he continued, his voice low and monotone. Though it seemed like he was trying to come onto me, his voice was sincere. Choi Seunghyun did, indeed, feel as much like crap as I did. It kind of made me happy. To know that someone as loved and worshiped as himself felt every bit as bad as I did.

   Some might think this was perfect. Two lonely hearts in the middle of a sea filled with smiling faces. In every storybook this would be the moment where the girl ran off with the boy and lived happily ever after. As much as I hated to admit it, some part of me wanted to fall deeply in love with Choi Seunghyun and ride off with him on his white horse off into the sunset. But I didn't love him, I didn't think I ever could.

   "Well too bad," I said, looking away from him. Though I couldn't see him I could imagine the expression on his face. His eyebrows knitted in disappointment and confusion. The corners of his mouth turning into a disappointed frown. He was wandering what happened. Looking back on it, even he knew what could have happened at the moment. The future we could have had togeather, our happily ever after. I wonder if till this day he wandered where it all went wrong. 

   I took his moment of silence as a chance to walk past him. But as I began to pass him he grabbed my wristUgh what does this guy want, I remember thinking. I turned to face him, ready to make some snide remark and pull my hand back. But as I looked back into his eyes I saw a look of pure despair, helplessness, need, want. He wanted me to be the one. He wanted me to be everything he hoped for. But in a quick second that look was gone, and all that was left was the cold predatory eyes I had come to know over the past year.

   "I'll see you later," was all he said before letting go of my wrist and disappearing into the crowd.

    I frowned at the memory. I sometimes wandered what would have happened had I fell in love with Seunghyun. But the more and more I think about it the more and more I cringe. Seunghyun is an egotistical, self-centered, non-caring, jerk. I could, and never would, love someone like him. 

   I stopped looking out the window and turned towards Jiyong. A small smile played out on his lips as his eyes stared ahead playfully looked at the path ahead. I smiled, once a kid, always a kid. As seductive and coy as Jiyong may seem now, there was still that daring and reckless kid inside of him. He always kept me on a rollercoaster of emotions. Sometimes I wanted to kill him, sometimes I wanted to kiss him, and sometimes I wanted to do nothing but be in his presence. 

  Just the thought of him made me want to smile. Though Jiyong himself may seem confusing and out-there to some people, he always seemed to have some sort for plan brewing in that mischievous brain of his. I was still wandering how he could finger me at a Starbucks, go on a date with me, claim me as his, and then act like a kid on Christmas day as he drove through this forest. As crazy as this situation we're in may be he seems to have some sort of plan worked out. What ever that plan may be, I'm along for the ride

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed this update! The New Years flask back probably threw some of you, but have no fear, the author is here. Lol, the reason I added the flashback is because the story needed some sort of conflict. When I started the story I fully intended to make the conflict Sunny trying to get GD in her magazine. I wanted it to be a light romantic comedy type thing with TOP as a little side conflict. But after last chapter I decided to expand TOP's character. so beware, TOP is going to mess up. LOL XD)