Maybe he's not so bad after all

Along for the ride

      "Hey Soonkyu," I heard a familiar voice say from the back seat. "Miss me?"

      I then proceeded to scream like a motherer. I heard Seunghyun let out a deep sigh before putting his large hand over my mouth. His hand was almost pushing my head into my seat's head rest. I continued to let out muffled shouts as I clawed at his hand. I then began to panic. What if he me? Or worse, what if he murdered me. The thought of that sent me on edge. I began to tear up as I struggled. I didn't even tell Jiyong good-bye. I could imagine him at my funeral now. All stylishly dressed up in a black suit, crying over my grave as they lowered my casket into the ground, Chaerin shaking her head in disarray. Who would take over my company? Who would listen to Sooyoung mope on the phone? Who would be Tiffany's weekend drinking partner?

    I guess Seunghyun could feel my tears running on to his hand because he suddenly removed it. I was no longer screaming, just crying. It stayed like that for what seemed like hours. Seunhyun sitting in the backseat as I just cried. This was crazy, why was I even crying? Seunghyun doesn't have his hand over my mouth anymore. It's not like my life is being threatened right now either. After a while my sobs began to subside.

    "Are you done," he asked in a monotone voice. What the did he just say? I turned around in my seat.

    "You son of a you scared me! And what the are you doing in my car? You ing creepy stalker," I screamed. Then I stopped. Holy Seunghyun looked like crap, but of course not absolute crap, but like Seunghyun level crap. He looked a sickly pale, his eyes had massive dark bags under them, he looked oddly thin, but yet his honey brown hair looked perfectly bed-headed. In other words he looked like one of those vampires you read about in teen romance novels. But I see Seunghyun quite a bit (more than I'd like. Thanks TV) and this wasn't normal for him. Even though I hate to admit this... I kind of felt worried.

    "Sorry," he said again in a weary tone. "I just didn't know where else to go."

    Now I was really worried. But as horrible and worn out as he seemed even I could tell that last part was said purposely to catch my attention. I turned back around and stayed silent, refusing to show any bit of sympathy by asking what was wrong. But the longer and longer I sat there the more and more I worried. I looked into my rearview mirror only to see him looking out this window aimlessly.

    "Ugh, fine. What's wrong," I asked, defeated. I don't know what I expected. Maybe for Seunghyun to turn back into his normal creepy self and say 'nothing' and then begin to murder me? All I know is that I didn't get the reaction I hoped for.

    "My mother died."

    I let out a long and slow sigh.

    "What's your address?"

 

 

      The ride was awkward to say the least. Seunghyun sat in the back like a depressed old man as slow romance songs played on the radio. Under any other circumstance Seunghyun would try to flirt with me and maybe even try to kiss me. But all he did was sit there. To avoid any further awkwardness I remained quiet and kept my eyes concentrated on the road. Every now and then I'd look in the rear view mirror only to see him still looking outside wearily. Only once did I look to find his eyes burning directly into mine. I never looked in the rearview mirror again

   When we finally arrived at the address he gave me, my jaw dropped. We first had to go through these huge golden looking gates after driving through what seemed like miles of empty highway. There appeared to be a camera at the gates. After staring at it blankly Seunghyun finally instructed me to move the car ahead a few feet. When he rolled down his window and showed the camera his face, the gates opened. 

   The houses we're all beautiful. Each one looked different yet oh-so-expensive. Some looked modern and abstract while some even looked old and midevial. I couldn't help but to notice idols I've seen every day on TV or heard every day on the radio mowing their lawns, tanning, even playing with their kids.

   "This one," Seunghyun said after a while of driving straight ahead, pointing at the house on our direct left. I looked at it and I almost died. The house was absolutely godly. It was at least three stories high with hedges all around the house cut to look like ancient greek sculptures. The house was made to look like a building from ancient Greece itself. It was primarily white with accents of gold (no doubt real gold). And in the driveway we're Seunghyun's many cars. Each of them either white or gold. No doubt my red Volkswagen looked like crap compared to them. I found a spot to park my car in his monster size driveway. As I pulled up I was still speechless from the overall beauty of the house.

     When we got to the front doors (yes doors) I noticed just how huge they we're. They had to be at least three times Seunghyun's height. When he put his golden key into the lock and opened them, I almost died all over again. White and gold everywhere. The furniture was a mix of modern and ancient. But what really caught my eye was the painting on the sky-high dome shaped ceiling. If you thought the paintings on the Cheesecake Factory's ceilings we're nice you haven't seen Seunghyun's ceiling. It looked as if it was something painted by Leonardo DiVinchi himself. It depicted a scene of Olympian angles and gods flying serenly. The details on it we're enough to make you really feel you we're looking up at real angels. 

    "Your house," I began. "Is... wow."

    Still looking at the ceiling, I heard Seunhyun chuckle from somewhere behind me. "Thanks."

    I turned around to find him on a ancient throne fit for Zeus himself. Just looking at him sit on it, all pale and and godly good looking, he looked like he truly belonged there. At that second in time I could see why girls melted at the sight of him. I could see why people seemed to stare at him in awe whenever they we're in his presence. Choi Seunghyun was truly a sight for sore eyes. And there he sat, in all his glory, staring directly at me. This was my first and only time I've felt speechless around Choi Seunghyun.

     "So," I finally said. "I'm sorry about your mother."

     What little hint of a smirk he had on his face disapeared. He looked down at the ground with a sad look upon his face.

      "I am too," he said in an equally sad voice. Something about depressed Seunghyun bothered me. Maybe its because I am so used to him being sneaky, scary, and cocky. Part of me even missed the jackass version of him. This side of Seunghyun made him all too likeable.

      "Why did you come to me," I wandered out loud. He then slightly smirked again and looked at me.

      "Because," he began. "You're the only person who treats me as me, no strings attatched. If you think I'm full of you call me out on it. If you think I'm the most horrible person in the world you let me know. I'm just so used to people kissing up to me and... and I guess I just needed something real."

      So was that it? Was that why Seunghyun always seemed to stalk me? Did he like the rejection? Did he like the fact that I didn't treat him as if he were some sort of god?

     I was sure going to find out. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: OH NO! SEUNGHYUN IS ACTUALLY BEING LIKEABLE!  Lol XD Keep in mind this is still a Gsun fic. Seunghyun's only here to make things difficult. Though I'm pretty sure Iet a bit of my T.O.P bias out again on this one. Yeah so next chapter will be a continuation of this one cause I'm lazy like that ;P)