The Young New Designer

Along for the ride

    "You look like ," Chaerin said, watching me as I sat down at the large oval table in the meeting room. Chaerin was my company's 'consultant' if you will. But basically, she only showed up at meetings to cover my when I couldn't do so myself.

   "Gee, thanks," I said sarcastically. Jessica sat in the chair on my right as Chaerin settled into the chair on my left. The room was empty being that the meeting started in fifteen minuets. I had asked Jessica and Chaerin to come early to help me prep. 

   I had been called earlier this morning to be told I had a meeting with my magazines' investors. They were upset that one of the biggest issues of the year had been pulled of the shelves and we're losing a lot of money because of it. Usually during these types of meetings Chaerin eased the investors as Jessica scribbled in her notebook and I made negotiations. But it this was an impromptu meeting, we hadn't been able to prep.

   "So what, the usual," Chaerin asked, sliding her sunglasses on coolly. Chaerin had an uncanny habit of wearing sunglasses all the time. We'd be in a dark club; sunglasses. We'd be at a coworker's wedding; sunglasses. And, like now, we'd be getting ready for a meeting; sunglasses. For some reason it always bothered me. It always made Chaerin hard to read.

   "No, not today," I sighed. Though I couldn't see it I knew Chaerin was raising her eyebrow at me quizzically under those sunglasses of hers. Jessica nibbled on her pencil nervously. 

   "There's a pretty big chance we might loose one of our investors," I admitted. Jessica let out a light gasp as Chaerin shrugged indifferently. 

   "No when I'm around," she said confidently and buttoned up her loose black blazor. I smiled sadly. Chaerin was always so confident. Sure, she smoothed things out and saved my more times than I could count. But what if she failed this time?

 

   "We're not here to withdraw our investments," Mr.YG said calmly. Chaerin, who had just been going on and on about why staying with our company would be the right choice had the most confused look on her face. I know I probably looked as confused as she did too. Jessica stopped chewing on her pencil to look up with wide surprised eyes. 

   "B-But," I began. But Mr.YG just smiled and held up his hand.

   "We actually have an offer," he said smoothly. Our other investors, Mr. JYP and Mr. SM smiled. Chaerin slowly sat down in her chair next to me and lifted up her sunglasses to rest on her forehead. Part of me was relieved, but the other part of me was scared. I was used to always getting threats from out investors about withdrawing. Never had I ever had them give me an offer. 

   "There's a young new fashion designer coming in from New York. If we can get some of his clothes in the next issue of one of your magazines, your sales will double that of what you would have sold with Choi Seunghyun on the cover," Mr. JYP explained before sliding a folder across the table in my direction.

   I slowly reached for the large folder and pulled it closer to me. I could feel Jessica and Chaerin's eyes on me as I opened it. And in it, we're some of the best designs I had seen in my life. The clothes fit the models just right, the garments were bright, colorful, fun, and sophisticated all at the same time. The patterns seemed to jump off of the clothes themselves, drawing the viewer into the allusion the designer created. In other words, the designs were absolutely like nothing else I'd ever seen before.

   "Holy ," Chaerin said as she took one of the pictures from my hands. "I'd rock that."

   "We knew you'd like it. Everyone in the fashion world does. His first fashion show was just last week and these are some of the shots. Celebrities are dying to wear his clothes on stage. Fashion designers like Galliano and Vera Wang are taking note," Mr. SM said, the excitement clearly radiating in his voice.

   "He just flew into Korea today. Though the word is he's only here to visit family for a few months, we're hoping he'll be able to squeeze in a meeting with you."

   Jessica's eyes were still on the fashion show shots. Her eyes wide at the designs.

   "What's his name," I asked, trying my best not to sound as excited as I really was. After that 'surprise visit' from Choi Seunghyun yesterday, things seemed to be looking up.

   Mr. YG slid one last photo over to us. The picture showed an eccentric looking man wearing equally eccentric clothing. Despite all of that, he was defiantly good looking. Chaerin didn't bother to hide it as she let out a low but still auditable, "Well hello there."

   "His name is Kwon Jiyong. 

 

 

 

 

(Lol, its tottaly spoiled by GD's picture at the top. Anywho, I decided on a whim to add CL. It was going to be Tiffany but decided the personality fit CL more.)