"You really did remember it."

Having Faith

 

“Yeollie!” Myungsoo shouted.

“Geez, no need to shout that nickname in front of all these peoples.” Sungyeol mumbled as he walked towards Myungsoo.

“What are you planning today, huh?” Sungyeol said.

“Ouch, no need to be that stern to your boyfriend.” Myungsoo said the ‘boyfriend’ word in a cheesy tone.

“Gosh, stop it Myungsoo. Are you really like this back then? Urgh how did I managed to date someone like you.”

Myungsoo just smiled listening to all the grunting. He’s used to it. Sungyeol used to complain about everything too back then.

Myungsoo brought out a picture from his pocket. “Here, take a look at this.”

Sungyeol took it from Myungsoo’s hand and stared at the picture.

“Hey, why are we with those animals? What does this picture even means?” Sungyeol said.

He turned the picture to see a messy handwriting scribbled on it, “Me and Myungsoo, at an animal’s house. Those animals are so cute, I wish I can adopt one of them.”

“Is this my handwriting?” Sungyeol asked.

“Yeah, don’t you remember?”

Sungyeol tried hard to remember back all those things but he stopped trying after a few seconds, “Urgh, forget about it. I’ll never remember anything.”

“I’m going to bring you back there. It’ll somehow help you remember back something. ” Myungsoo said.

Sungyeol just nodded and went with it. When Myungsoo tried to lock hands with him, he pulled away.

“We’re still in the awkward phase okay. Don’t touch me again, I’m not ready.” Sungyeol said.

“Oh really? Okay, I’ll wait until you’re ready. It’s not like you’re getting laid or what. I’m just holding your hand, silly.” Myungsoo snickered.

 

 

“Whoa, this place is full with animals.” Sungyeol said before looking around.

“Amazing, isn’t it? This is called the Animal World.” Myungsoo grinned.

“We used to go to this place before?”

“Yeah, you love it here. Come on, I want to show you something.” Myungsoo said before reaching out for Sungyeol’s hand and pulled him somewhere.

“See that puppy?” Myungsoo said, pointing to a fluffy puppy that’s sticking out his tongue, looking adorable as ever.

“Yeah, hey it’s very cute.” Sungyeol automatically reached out to the puppy’s head. And without hesitation, the puppy jumped into Sungyeol’s arms and started to him excitedly.

“Whoa, whoa, watch where you’re . He’s mine okay.” Myungsoo said, goofing around.

“Hahaha. It likes me!” Sungyeol smiled widely before keep on playing with the dog.

“Don’t you remember anything?”

Suddenly something flashed in Sungyeol’s head.

 

“Myungsoo! Can I bring this one home?” Sungyeol pointed to a puppy.

“You know you can’t, Yeollie. Your mum dislikes animals.”

Sungyeol pouted.

“We can visit it every day if you want to, Yeollie. Don’t worry, I’m always here to accompany you.”

Sungyeol is still not satisfied. “Fine then. But can we at least take a picture?” Sungyeol blinked his eyes innocently.

“Hahaha, sure. Come here.” Myungsoo put his arms around Sungyeol’s waist and his chin is on Sungyeol’s shoulder.

“One. Two. SMILE.”

 

“This is the exact kind of puppy that I liked back then. I wanted to adopt it but I can’t. You promised me you’ll always be there every time I wanted to see the puppy again.” Sungyeol said, in a whisper.

Myungsoo lighten up. The article did help. Myungsoo ran to Sungyeol and locked him in his arms. Sungyeol did not budge to get away. “You remembered. You really did remember it.” Myungsoo said, smiling.

“Yeah, I guess I did.” Sungyeol said. He hesitated to hug Myungsoo back but in the end he did put his arms around Myungsoo and hugged him back.