Alone with Nobody to Hold On

Having Faith

 

“Myungsoo! Come here! Come on, faster. Can’t you run?” Sungyeol shouted from the field.

“And can’t you wait for a little bit longer?” Myungsoo said, breathless after the long run.

“Aish, keep quiet and stand still.” Sungyeol said. He brought out his Polaroid and start aiming it in front of you two.

“Ahh. Not again.” Myungsoo complained and did a sad face.

“No, stay here! Stand still okay, Myungsoo? I’m trying to snap a picture of us.” Sungyeol said.

“But I don’t want to.” Myungsoo pouted.

SNAP

The picture started coming out.

“Aww look at us two. You’re pouting” Sungyeol said.

“No, I don’t like pictures.”

Sungyeol take out his marker pen and wrote something at the back of it.

“Here, keep it with you Myungsoo.” Sungyeol handed out the Polaroid.

Myungsoo took it and placed it in his pocket.

“Keep that forever, okay?” Sungyeol reminded.

Myungsoo nodded.

“Now let’s play soccer!” Sungyeol said and pulled Myungsoo to the field.

 

 

 

“Why are you leaving, Myungsoo? Why?” Sungyeol asked him with tears in his eyes.

“I have to follow my family, remember? My dad got an offer for a job there. He can’t let it down.”

“But you promised me you’ll stand by me forever.” Sungyeol’s voice cracked.

“We’ll meet again okay, Sungyeol. We’ll meet again someday. I’m sure of that.” Myungsoo assured.

“But then it’ll be years later. I can’t live several years without you. Who am I supposed to play with? Who am I supposed to tell my secrets to?” Sungyeol said.

“You’ll find someone better than me. If fate brings us together, we will meet again. Have faith, Sungyeol. Have faith.” Myungsoo said.

Sungyeol sobbed. “Promise me you’ll never forget about me, Myungsoo. Promise me.”

Myungsoo nodded. “I’ll never forget about you, Sungyeol. Never.”

“Myungsoo! Get in the car now!” Myungsoo’s mum shouted at the back.

“This is our goodbye, we’ll meet again someday, I promise.” Myungsoo said to Sungyeol.

“Goodbye. I’ll always love you.”

“Me too, Sungyeol. Me too.”

Myungsoo turned around, leaving Sungyeol alone. Alone with nobody to hold on.

“Have faith.” Sungyeol whispered