Seven

You're Beautiful...

Jae's POV

It was 11AM…

I was lying on my bed staring at my ceiling. The sound of Outsider’s voice rapping in my ear as his music played on my tiny stereo that lay next to me. I was surprised I was up this early…Usually on the weekends I wouldn’t awake until 1PM. Today I woke at 10. Lee umma and Lee appa were surprised to see me at the breakfast table on time. Taemin was the one who came down late. After eating breakfast I called my parents back in Atlanta and talked to them about how school was going and whether I was going to attend college in Seoul or back home or not. I wasn’t sure on what I was going to do yet but the college entrance exams I would have to study for soon…

I sighed and turned over in my bed. I was so bored. My girls were out doing things, having fun and I was stuck in the house. I looked at my fingers blankly as I rapped some of the lyrics of the song that was playing.

Always a loner, I close the door to my heart

Bearing sadness on my back, I live like a fool

I close my eyes and cover my ears

I lock myself in a gloomy darkness

I turned back over on my back and stared at the ceiling again. The song lyrics to “Alone” were quite depressing. I sat up and stretched. There was no need to be this down. “Taeminnie!” I yelled calling my little brother, I waited for his response but he didn’t answer me. “Taemin ah!” I yelled once more. I finally saw him peek his head in my doorway. “Aish noona what is it?” he asked. “Taemin play with me” I said giving him a big smile. “Uh…no” he said. I started to pout and kick my legs. “But Taeminnie!” I whined. “Let’s play video games” I added. “No noona every time we play you cheat” Taemin fussed. “No I don’t” I said giving him an innocent look. “Liar” he mumbled.

“I’ll play with you noona!” Sungjong said appearing out of nowhere. He had the biggest smile on his face. “No” I said turning my head away from him. (What is he even doing here?) “But noona” Sungjong whined. I looked at the blonde boy and back to Taemin who had just disappeared leaving his friend at my door. I sighed to myself. “Oh al-”

Before I could finished my sentence my cell phone started to ring. “Yoboseyo” I answered. [“Jae its Yoseob”] the voice said. “Yoseob ah what’s up?” I said with a smile. I was glad to hear at least one of my friend’s voices today. [“Are you busy?”] He asked. (Busy? I wish I was…) I looked at Sungjong who still waited for an answer. “Ani, not busy at all” I said. [“Cool, let’s hang out then, meet you in 15?”] Yoseob said. “Ne” I replied. I hung up my cell and hopped of my bed. “So” Sungjong looked at me with big puppy eyes. “Sorry but I’m hanging out with Yoseob today” I smiled as I ruffled his hair. His facial expression dropped and he turned to leave. This time I felt a little bad. “Sungjong ah, if you come over tomorrow I promise to play video games with you” I gave him a smile. “Really!? Okay I’ll look forward to it noona” he smiled and headed back to Taemin’s room.

 I grabbed a few clothes and head to the bathroom to freshen up a bit. The thing I took the longest time trying to figure out was my hair. Finally deciding to not do too much to it I grabbed my navy puff ball beanie and put it on. Before I headed down stairs I grabbed my cell phone and a thin jacket just in case the weather got a little cool. Even though this month was now April in didn’t mean it would stay warm all the time. Occasionally there were a few breezes that blew by. “Umma, appa! I’m going out!” I shouted into the living room. “Alright dear be careful” Lee umma said from the other room. “Take a small jacket” Lee appa said. “I have one, see you later!” I shouted back as I slipped on my converses.

 

Yoseob’s POV

I waited for Jae in front of Manchan’s convenience store. I knew very well where we were going today but she didn’t and I wasn’t going to tell her if she asked. “Annyong” Jae said as she approached me. She wore a graphic tee, skinny jeans that fit her slender legs well, cool high top converses and a navy blue beanie. I saw she had a lot of bands on her wrist and a jacket around her waist. Her style was very different than what I imagined. Well then again she didn’t seem like the girly girl from the start. “Annyong” I smiled. “I’m so glad you called, I was dreadfully bored at home and my brother didn’t even want to play with me!” she exclaimed. I laughed a little as we started walking. “So what’s the plan boss man” she smiled. “You’ll see” I said. “What, I want to know what we’re going to do or at least where we’re going” she pouted. “Like I said you’ll see” I smiled. We stopped at a bus stop and waited for one to pick us up. One came a few minutes later and I paid for the both us. We sat next to each other in the front of the bus. “Wah! You even brought a backpack?” Jae said.  “You should’ve told me and I would’ve brought my Naruto bag” she said. “You have a Naruto bag?” I asked. (She likes anime?) “Ne, it’s really cute. I love that show” she smiled. I nodded. “Yeah it’s pretty good” I agreed.

Jae and I caught the bus and even rode the train to reach our destination which was unknown to her. As we approached closer I made sure to cover her eyes with a blind fold. “Alright, alright I want to see now” she said ready to pull the blindfold off. I knew she could hear the many screams of excitement and people chattering all around. “Jjajan~!” I exclaimed and removed the blindfold. “Wow!” Jae exclaimed. “Is this Lotte World!?” she asked excitedly. “Ne” I smiled. “You’ve never been right?” I asked. “Ne, I’ve been here for two years but only been to Everland with my parents” she smiled. “Kamsamnida” she gave me a warm smile. “Okay, now what do you want to do first?” I asked pretty much excited myself. “Um merry-go-round” she said. “Haha merry-go-round?” I said with a laugh. “Wae?” I asked. “Because it’s a slower ride and not scary” she said shyly. “Are you afraid of roller coasters?” I asked. “Ne, I don’t like heights” she said not looking at me directly. “Well…” I sighed…

She stared at me as I rubbed the back of my neck. “You’ll just have to get over it!” I said and grabbed her hand. “Wait Yoseob ah!” she exclaimed. I laughed as I pulled her along.

We stopped at the rollercoaster. “I’m not going on this!” Jae shouted. “Oh come on Jae ah you can’t be sacred forever” I told her. She gave me one of her usual pouts and final said “okay”. We sat in the middle while people piled in the front of us and the back of us. I looked at Jae who already had her eyes tightly shut when we haven’t even started moving yet. “It’ll be okay I promise” I smiled to her. Jae nodded and opened her eyes, the roller coaster started to move. “Yang Yoseob I can’t believe I’m doing this!” Jae started to freak out. “Its okay, its okay” I said trying to calm her down as we started going up. We stopped at the top then finally dropped. “Whoo!” I yelled feeling the adrenaline taking over me. Jae just screamed the whole time. “Let me off, let me off!” she yelled. I couldn’t help but laugh.

When the ride stopped Jae looked like her soul left her body. She was quiet when got off. “Are you alright?” I asked a bit concerned. She nodded. “It was scary but a little fun” she smiled a bit. “See you just have to get use to them” I put my hand on her shoulder. “Now can we ride the merry-go-round?” she asked. “Ne” I said.

 

The day we had together was fun. I took her on a few more rides I enjoyed like the Gyro drop and Gyro swing. She didn’t like them at first but I was surprised when she suggested that we ride them once more. We visited the folk museum, ate a nice lunch and even bought some character hats...

It was a great time I had with my friend and I hoped we could do it again soon….

----------

 

“Jae yah” I whispered. She was sleeping as we rode the bus home. (She must be really tired…) I nudged her a little, her head resting on my shoulder. “Jae we’re almost at the stop” I whispered again. “Jae opened her eyes slowly and sat up. The bus stopped and we get off. “I’m so tired” Jae said as she stretched her arms in the air. “Me too” I said. It was dark out and we didn’t hurry our steps. “I seriously thought I was going to die on the gyro drop” she laughed. I laughed with her. “You thought you were going to die on just about every ride” I said. “Except the merry-go-round” she smiled. I nodded. We made it to Manchan’s and stopped. “Well thanks for today, I had an awesome time” Jae said. “Me too” I said. “We should go again after AP exams end” I added. “Ne that would be a good stress reliever then” she said. “See you at school” she waved. “See you then” I smiled as we both went our separate ways….

 

To be continued…..