Twenty Three..

You're Beautiful...

I couldn’t believe my eyes….

How could she do that to him?

Why would she cheat on one of the sweetest boy…?

I felt my heart slowly start to break for him…

 

Jae's POV

I sat in the middle of my bed staring at my cell phone. Taemin stood in front of me while Dujun sat next to me. We were all silent for a while, all staring at the cell; they didn’t know what to say when I told them the news. Though I didn’t want anyone to know about Min, I couldn’t help myself  when Taemin came upstairs telling me Dujun was here and saw me sitting on the edge of my bed, my face buried in my hands. I’ve been that way the whole morning, sad and upset…I didn’t know what to do? Telling Yoseob that his first girlfriend is cheating on him was something I didn’t want to say, but it was something I needed to say. I didn’t know how he would react. We haven’t spoken to each other in a while.

I finally broke the silence between us three when I let out a sigh and put my hand over my face. “Ottoke…?” I mumbled. Dujun rubbed my back and kissed my cheek. “Babe, it’ll be okay” he said. I shook my head no.

No it wouldn’t be okay…it wouldn’t be okay for Yoseob…

“Noona just do it….” Taemin finally spoke up. I looked at him through my fingers. “Yoseob’s your friend…your best friend” he continued.

(Yeah…we are)

“You have to tell him what’s going on. If you don’t he’ll be hurt even more” he said with a sigh. I know he would…

“Jagi, he won’t be mad at you, he’ll be grateful that you told him, like Taeminnie said. You two are really good friends. Both of you not talking as much shouldn’t change anything…” Dujun said pulling me close to him.

Both of them were right. It happens a lot. Some friends don’t speak as much but it doesn’t mean that they stopped caring right? I still cared...I cared a lot…

“Okay” I said picking up my phone. I scrolled down the names in my contact list and finally stopped at his. I pressed call and put it to my ear. My nerves kicked in big time. When I heard the first ring, I hung up quickly putting the phone back down. Dujun and Taemin looked at me. “Maybe it’s better if I tell him in person…”

 

Yoseob’s POV

I was sitting at my desk writing out a few lyrics. I wrote about how I was feeling yesterday and how I felt today. I was going to show these words of mine to Min soon. It was a song just for her and I hoped she likes it. “Yoseob ah!” my mother called from downstairs. I put down my pencil. “Ne!?” I answered. “Come downstairs you have company!” she said. “Arasso” I replied. (Company? Who could it be?) Maybe it was Min; I smiled to myself at the thought of seeing her downstairs waiting for me. I missed that cute smile of hers.

But when I got to the end of the stairs there was someone else standing there that made my heart start to race uncontrollably. “Jae…” her name left my lips as I saw her standing in front of me with a faint smile across her face. “Yoseob” she said. I just stared at her…I missed seeing her face too, but I was curious and anxious to know why she was here all of a sudden. “Jae ah it was good seeing you again dear, you look well” my mother interrupted. She hugged my friend a little before moving to the door. “Yoseob” she said turning to look at me. I shifted my eyes off Jae for a moment and answered her. “Ne umma?” I said. “I’m going to the shop now, you’re farther and I will be home later okay?” she said. “Ne” I nodded. “Visit me more okay?” my mom said to Jae as she left out the door. “Ne” Jae responded with that warm smile of hers.

“It’s been a while” I smiled. “Yes it has, how are you?” she asked. “Fine… I’m doing great enjoying the summer and you?” I asked as I gestured her to the living room. “I’m fine, in a way I’m kind of ready for school to start” she laughed a bit. “Oh chincha?” I asked surprised. Out of all the people I would never expect to hear Jae say she was ready to go back to school. “Wow” I said.  I watched her take a seat on the couch. I still stood. “Ah I heard Dujun just celebrated his birthday” I said. “Ne he did” she nodded. “Tell him happy belated birthday for me” 

“I will” she smiled, but that smile of hers soon faded. “Yoseob ah” Jae said looking at me now with different eyes. They seem more saddened now, as if she was worried about something. I walked over and sat next to her. “What is it?” I asked. The mood completely changed, and I didn’t like it…

Jae let out a sigh and turned her eyes from me. “Last night…” she started to speak again. “When I was walking home from Dujun’s…I saw Min” she said. (Min?) I didn’t speak to Min last night or this morning. I started to feel worried now. “Is she alright, did something happen?” I asked quickly. “Ne she’s fine but…” Jae said trailing off her sentence. “But what?” I asked, I found myself on the edge of me seat as I waited for her to continue. “I saw her with someone else” she said looking into my eyes again. “Someone else…?” I repeated. “I saw Min kissing another boy” she added…and with that I stood up.

Hearing those words sent so many emotions running through my body. I rubbed my fingers through my hair as I started to pace a bit. “Yoseob I’m-”

“Why would you say something like that?” I mumbled cutting her off. “What do you mean?” she asked. I didn’t know how to feel to what she told me but as I continued to talk…..the feeling of anger came out. “Why would you lie?” I asked turning to her. Her face looked surprised. She had to be lying right? Min wouldn’t do that to me….she’s too sweet of a girl to hurt me like that…

“Lie..?” Jae repeated.

 

Jae’s POV

 

(He thinks I’m lying?) I was hurt by Yoseob’s question….by the way he was reacting.

“Yoseob why? Why would you think I would lie to you?” I said as I stood up. Why was he being like this? We’re friends…I wouldn’t do that to him. I walked toward him. “Because you don’t want me to be happy he said coldly. “Listen to yourself!? Why wouldn’t I want that for you?” I asked my voice was rising higher as I talked to him now. (Why wouldn’t I want him to be happy?) He was talking complete nonsense. “Just say it Jae you didn’t like Min from the beginning!” he shouted. I paused…he was right in a way. She was cute and seemed nice and I never tried to be rude to her…but when I first saw the two sitting under that tree at school…I was jealous…and I don’t know why. And after her comment in the bathroom on the last day of school, I started not to like her even more. “You’re right….” I said. “I don’t like Min… but why would I not want you to be happy Yoseob!?” I shouted back.

He turned his head away from me and scoffed. “If you want me to be happy Jae ah~” he said. “Then leave…”

Those words were like a stab to my heart. Is this the same Yang Yoseob…?

Why didn’t he believe me?

“Yoseob” I said his name again. I felt like I wanted to cry...he didn’t even look at me. “Go…” he said.

I couldn’t say anything else after that…I wasn’t getting through to him. I left the room and headed to the door. I slipped on my converses back the tears that formed in my eyes. I shouldn’t cry…but as I walked out the door, I did…

 

Yoseob’s POV

 

I watched her leave…

After that I don’t think I’ll see her again…

Was she a liar? She never lied to me before. But I don’t know what kind of person she could’ve become the whole while we didn’t talk. I didn’t know if I believed the things that came out of my mouth just now. Maybe I said the things I said to keep what she told be from hurting. To keep me from looking like an idiot and thinking I found love this time…

I don’t want to believe Jae, I want to be happy with Min and forget my feelings for the foreign girl. I don’t want to believe that Min was seeing someone else…

I won’t….so to my friend...

I’m sorry….

I just pushed her farther away…..

--

 

 I headed back upstairs to my room. My cell phone started to ring. I looked at the number and stared for a moment. With a sigh I answered the call. “Yoboseyo”

[“Jagiya”] Min’s sweet voice sung. “Jagi…hello” I said with a faint smile. [“I’m coming to visit you Seobie okay?”] She said cutely. “Ne” I said. [“Yay I can’t wait to see you babe”] she laughed a little.

“Min ah” I said calmly. [“Ne”] “Do you love me?” I asked, as my heart thumped hard in my chest. [“I do…I love you so much Yoseob”] she said.

(That’s all I need to know…)

 

“I love you too”

 

To be continued….