Four

You're Beautiful...

Three

Jae's POV

“Taemin ah! Wake up your sister please!” I heard Lee umma shouting from downstairs. I was somewhat woke already…I just didn’t feel like getting out of bed as usual. I put my pillow over my head. “Noona” I heard Taemin’s voice. I could hear the creaking sound that my door made when it was being opened. “Noona umma said it’s time to wake up” Taemin said. “Five more minutes” I mumbled. “Noona we have to get ready for school” Taemin continued to nag. “Aish Taemin you’re being annoying” I said groggily. (Why is he even bothering me? Did he forget already that I was still angry with him about the wasabi cream incident last week?) Suddenly I felt someone sit on my bed. I didn’t like Taemin on my bed or better yet in my room. “Yah!” I said sitting up quickly. I was surprise at the face before me and almost fell out of my bed. There staring at me directly wasn’t my little brother. Instead it was his friend Lee Sungjong smiling brightly. “Good morning noona” he sung. I immediately shoved the little brat off my bed. Taemin was standing against my wall laughing. “Yah! Lee Sungjong get out of my room!” I shouted. Sungjong rubbed his backside. “But noona!” he whined. “I haven’t seen you in the last couple days” he added. (And it should stay that way). I sighed to myself putting my hand on my forehead. “Sungjong ah if you want to see the sun ever again you’ll leave now” I snarled. The curly haired blonde stood up and pouted. “Okay” he sighed leaving the room. Taemin stood smiling but his expression dropped once I hit him in the face with a pillow. “Ow my nose! Umma!” Taemin yelled leaving my room.

“Serves you right” I mumbled gathering my toiletries. (Why is Lee Sungjong in my house so early in the morning!?) For some reason that kid always seemed fond of me. He would ask me to brush his hair, help him with homework. Hell the next thing I know he’ll be asking me to feed him.

My brother’s friends were okay but sometimes they drove me crazy. “Well I can deal with Sungjong better than that spoiled brat Shin Dongho” I said to myself with a little smile, glad at the fact that Dongho wasn’t here as well.

I shouldn’t have spoke so soon because guess who I bumped into while leaving my room? The little devil himself. “Oh it’s you” Dongho scoffed. (“Oh it’s you?” what kind of greeting was that?”) Dongho started to walk back to Taemin’s room but I slapped him in the back of the head. “Respect your elders, I am your noona you know” I said. Dongho frowned. “Yeah yeah” was all he said and left me standing there. One day I was going to choke that kid to death and then apologize to Jenny…if she cares by then.

Jenny Chang, another dongsaeng of mine…dated Dongho. They were weird together and I including the rest of our friends didn’t understand why they dated at all. Jenny was a nice faithful girl while Dongho couldn’t keep his eyes off every skirt that passed him by. He would try to ease his way to talk to other girls every time Jenny wasn’t around but would always get caught by one of her friends, me being one of them. (Probably explains why he doesn’t like me too much, but the feeling is mutual) I swear every other day he & Jenny would break up saying how much they hate each other, and then you’ll see them holding hands again -__-. As far as “I” know he’s never cheated on her, but if he does…

He’ll feel the wrath of me and the other girls soon enough…

Now at the sink I the water cupping it in my hand and splashing a little on my face.

(I wonder what’s for breakfast….)

 

Yoseob’s POV

“I’m leaving!” I called to my mom and dad, waiting for a response from one of them. “Okay see you when you get home” I heard my mother’s voice respond. I stepped outside and shut the door behind me. It was a little cooler today. I adjusted my blazer making sure it was tightly knit. I pulled my cell phone out my pocket and dialed a number. As I walked I waited for this particular person’s voice to answer. After about 5 rings it went straight to voice mail [“Hello, its Jae Leave me a message please”] I heard her somewhat squeaky voice say in English. I hung up the phone not bothering to leave one; I decided to wait for her near Manchan’s. I put my school bag down next to me and leaned against the wall.

Suddenly I heard the sound of giggling coming from around the corner. I stopped leaning and stood up straight. It was a few girls from my school laughing and talking. They were getting closer. I fiddled with my tie a bit and cleared my throat. Right before they passed me completely I bowed and said “G-good m-morning” (Damn I stuttered! I hope they didn’t catch that) One girl laughed. “Uh yeah” she said to me and kept walking with her giggling buddies. “Did you hear him stuttering? Why was he nervous?” another said girl said. “I don’t know we’re not interested in losers”. I stood up straight feeling my heart drop a little. Those words of theirs hurt…

 

But I knew this…I knew I wasn’t appealing in the eyes of most girls…if any at that… (Will a girl ever look at me and think I’m someone worth being with?) I sighed and squatted down putting my head in my knees as I continued to wait for my only friend…


“Yoseob?” I heard a familiar voice approaching me. I looked up to see Jae giving me a funny look. “Um what’s wrong?” she asked. I stood up quickly shaking of the mood I was in and gave her a little smile. “Nothing, ready to go?” I said. She nodded. As we walked she didn’t say much which didn’t seem normal. Her facial expression started to darken as if she was annoyed. “Jae ah did you have a good breakfast?” I asked instead of asking her directly what the matter was. “Yeah...but it was slightly ruined by my brother’s friends” she mumbled. “Ah I see” I said. “You know that one of his friends, Lee Sungjong climbed on my bed!? Aish that kid is quite annoying and then Shin Dongho that little snot didn’t greet me properly when he saw me...” I listened to her rant and couldn’t help but laugh at her anger. It was cute how she just started to express herself all of a sudden. Jae finally stopped talking and looked at me. “Mianhae” she gave sort of an embarrassed smile.  “It’s okay I’m glad you let it out” I smiled. “So what are you doing afterschool?” I asked a little excited. “Oh I have an extra art class after regular classes are over” she pouted. “Oh” I said looking down. (I wanted to hang out at the arcade or something…I haven’t done it in a while and I wanted today to be the first time we hung out outside of school.)

“Yeah I have that extra class three days out of the week my scholarship requires it” she added. “Why’d you ask?” she looked at me again. “Ah nothing important” I said. I looked at the time on my watch which read 7:57AM. “We better hurry before the bell rings” I said starting to run a bit. “Yah, wait for me” Jae said still walking. I turned around jogging in place. “Oh come on are you that slow?” I teased lighting a spark in her eye. “Slow” she said through her teeth “I’ll show you slow” Jae started to run but suddenly stopped “Ow my knee!” she exclaimed. “Are you okay?” I asked worried as I walked back toward her. “My knee just popped, it hurts” she pouted. “Let me see it” I said softly, but before I could kneel down she took off running. “Mehrong” she laughed sticking her tongue out at me. “Ah no fair!” I shouted after her. I started to run too. I liked this playful atmosphere we had together….

 

Jae’s POV

Yoseob and I made it on campus before the bell rung. Before entering the building we stopped to catch our breath. “Haha…I  ...Won” I smiled. “Only...because you… cheated” he smiled back….

-------

 

In class…

“Alright Jae come up and answer number 4 please” Mrs. Kwan said. “Ne” I nodded. I grabbed my homework from last night and wrote my answer to the question for all to see. I was quite confident that I was right but before Mrs. Kwan could check and see we heard yelling from the hall way. “I don’t wanna go!”  A familiar voice whined. I focused my eyes on the window and was startled when Lee Junho pressed his face against the glass. “Help me” he mouthed. Suddenly he was dragged down and I assumed that person doing the dragging was Zsuzsi. Mrs. Kwan sighed. “That boy…” she said shaking her head. I giggled a little at her expression. “Alright let’s check and see if you’re right” she said scanning the board. “Good job Ms. Lee” she smiled. “Kamsamnida” I bowed. I went to take my seat noticing Yoseob giving me thumbs up. I gave him one back.

“Alright class for today’s assignment you’ll split into groups of three and complete pages 2-5 in your text book” Mrs. Kwan said. Everyone stood up ready to choose their partners until she added. “I’ll choose them for you this time”. Everyone sat back down and groaned a little. She started to call out names and the students moved accordingly. I had my fingers crossed when I realized there were only six of us left to be called, Yoseob being one of them. “Okay Jae, Eli & Seungho you three are together”. “And last but not least Yoseob, Eun Sun & Shin” Yoseob looked back at me with expression of worry. I smiled to him and nodded reassuring that he’ll be okay working with the two. He nodded back. Once he turned around I immediately slammed my head on the desk. I was having an fml ( my life) moment.

I heard a couple of chairs and a desk slide up next to me. “Hello my dear Jae” Eli said with that annoying grin of his. I rolled my eyes. “I don’t work well with birds” I mumbled. Eli just laughed brushing off my comment as usual. Next to sit was the dark cloud Yang Seungho aka Mr. Grumpy (He always seemed to be in a bad mood) aka Yang Chopin (from what Joy told me he could play the piano really well). Other than his nicknames I didn’t know too much about this guy except that he had bad luck and a crush on my friend Krysten. How do I know? He chokes up every time he speaks to her and he stares at her constantly when he thinks know one is watching.

 “Alright let’s get to work” Seungho mumbled. “Yeah” I said picking up my pen. I looked at pigeon that was sitting next to me. “Get to work” I nudged his arm. “Hey Jae about your friend…” he started to say. “Which one?” I asked. “The one you were walking with last week, it was just the two of you…” he said. “Oh Kyoung In? What about her?” I narrowed my eyes at him. Now I was curious. Did he like her? Eli took a minute to respond. I leaned in closer to him waiting for him to answer me. He shook his head and laughed a little “Heh, it’s nothing” he said picking up his pencil and starting to write. I rolled my eyes…

(Damn, I thought he was going to say something interesting….) 

-----------------------------

Lunch time finally rolled around and I was ready to see my girls. Yoseob and I left the classroom. “Well see you after lunch” he said. “Wait Yoseob, why don’t you eat with us?” I asked. “Nah, I’m okay I have something to do” he said. “Oh alright then” I said.  “Anhyong” he waved. I waved back. “Hey girl!” Zsuzsi said coming out of her classroom, she linked arms with me. “Hi unnie” I smiled.  I recalled what happened with Junho earlier and asked “Was that you dragging Junho away again?” “She nodded. “This time I found him in J unnie’s class” she said. “Haha it’s almost like you have a sixth sense unnie, you always seem to know where he is” I laughed. “Yeah I guess you can say that” she laughed as well.

We arrived in the cafeteria to see some of the girls already at our table. “Annyong” Zsuzsi and I said. “Annyong” they replied. “Where’s Hero?” I asked Joy. “Oh she left somewhere with Dongwoon oppa” she said. (Those love birds) “Hello girls!” a familiar voice shouted. “Oh, you’re here!” Zsuzsi exclaimed. It was Joanna unnie that just sat down at the table.  We hadn’t seen her since the beginning of last week so we were quite happy that she showed up at lunch today. “Sorry girls, I’ve been working hard on a film project lately”. “Really? What’s it called?” I asked. “Dances with Unicorns!” J said excitedly. We all burst out in laughter. “Haha ‘Dances with Unicorns’ unnie?” Joy asked with a raise of her eyebrow.(Joanna had a love for unicorns, sometimes she would even bring her stuff one to school, She saw it as her lucky charm for tests and such)

 “What?” J unnie pouted. “It’s going to be amazing” she said. “I’m sure it will be” Camila chimed in. “Sure what will be?” Key said appearing out of nowhere with Kim Jonghyun. “Geez none of your business” Camila mumbled. Key gave her a disgusted stare.  “Annyong” Jonghyun said sitting down. “Jonghyun ah where’s Licelot?” Camila asked. “Oh she’s in the lunch line” he laughed. “Wae!?” we all exclaimed. Like I said before the cafeteria food was terrible… I couldn’t believe that she was in line for it. “She said she forgot her lunch at home and she’s starving so…” he said with a grin. (Poor girl...we’ll share our food…) Licelot was in a grade below us, a second year student. She and Jonghyun have been really good friends for about a year now. They were like two peas in a pod, always hanging out together. So much that Licelot developed a crush on him but Kim Jonghyun is a dense boy. He hasn’t noticed the signs yet that she likes him more than a friend.

“Okay…” Key started to say. “Okay what?” Jonghyun asked. “No one still has told me what you guys were talking about” he said. “We we’re talking about J unnie’s new film” I said to the diva before he had a fit. “Oh what’s this one about?” he asked. “It’s called ‘Dances with Unicorns’ ” she said with a twinkle in her eye. I could hear Key and Jonghyun trying to hold back their laughter. “It going to be a wonderful short film, taking place in-” Jonghyun raised his hand “Um sorry to interrupt but where exactly are you going to get unicorns from?” he asked. “Well I’ll just put horns on a few horses...or maybe” she grinned. “Maybe what unnie?” Joy asked kind of worried. I twitched in my seat a little, that grin of hers was a bad sign. “Maybe you, my dear friends want to play the unicorns for me?” she asked batting her eyelashes cutely. “Well look at the time” Jonghyun stood up quickly rubbing the back of his neck. “Yeah…I need to go fix my hair” Key said hurrying off. “I’ll help” Jonghyun followed him. The rest of us pretended to really enjoy our meal trying to get of the subject. “Yah, why are you like this!?”  J exclaimed as she crossed her arms, her Polish accent seeping through her Korean.

“Well…” Zsuzsi unnie said with a nervous laugh. “Well what?” J asked.

I recalled the last time Joanna asked us to play animals/characters in her film & most of us nearly lost our lives with her wild antics. You’re probably wondering what it was about? Just know it involved a lake, swans (being us) and everyone almost drowning.

“YAAAAAAHHHHHH!” we heard someone yell interrupting J unnie’s question. We recognized the figure that was heading toward us. “Oh my god who gave him sugar?” Krysten said taking her seat next to me. “I have no idea” I replied shaking my head. “Mir!” we heard another voice yelling after the wild boy, that voice belonged to Jameel Bang. Well Bang being her host family’s last name. The boy she was chasing after was Bang Cheolyong better known as Mir her (host) brother. Mir was an outgoing boy and was the type to get extremely hyper when he had sugar in his system. That being said it was quite hectic for the rest of us and quite embarrassing for Jameel. “Yah Bang Cheolyong…calm...down” she said trying to catch her breath. Mir sat down at our table for a second then popped back up. “I can’t! He laughed. Jameel looked at us and bowed. “Mianhae” she said. “I’m sorry girls; he found my gummy bears and consumed the whole bag -__-“she said. “Haha you should be more careful” J unnie smiled. “Ne” Jameel nodded. “I’ll be back once I catch him” she said. As she was about to take off after Mir again she accidentally bumped into a guy everyone knew as Karam. We could see her face turning red. “M-mianhaeyo” she apologized. “Its okay” he said and walked off. “Wow they would look cute together don’t you think?” Krysten said. I nodded. “I know maybe we should hook the two up” Camila smiled.

Not hearing a word that was being said Jameel took off running after Mir again. “Licelot there you are” Joy exclaimed. We saw Licelot approaching the table with a tray in her hand. She didn’t look too happy. “This ” she mumbled as she sat down and stared at her meal. “Here you can have the rest of my rice” Joy offered as she pushed her bowl down the table. “Kamsahmnida” Licelot said with a huge smile. “And here, I’m tired of these rice cakes” I said handing them over to her. “Thanks unnie” she said. Licelot pushed the tray that was supposed to be kimchi and stirred beef away. “Ew I swear it has mold in it” Camila gagged. We all laughed.

 

It was nice being like this…

Lots of friends….

Lots of laughter

We always had fun together and I hoped it would stay that way.

I also hoped that Yoseob will join us next time….

 

Yoseob’s POV

 

The weather outside was a lot nicer than it was earlier. The temperature was warm. I walked carefully and slowly over to the little space near the school wall. I didn’t want to spill water out of the cup I was holding. Finally reaching my destination I kneeled down. “Oh!” I exclaimed as I saw tiny leaves sprouting upward. I poured the water on the tiny plants that were here. “Grow well” I smiled. “Her birthday is coming soon...” I added. Standing back up I wiped my forehead with my hand and turned to leave...

To be continued…. 

 

Sorry this was such a long chapter ^^ A lot of characters are coming in as well I hope it doesn't get to confusing. If so if you want I'll make a list explaining who is who I guess? I'd like to thank you for reading ^^