Sixteen

You're Beautiful...

Yoseob’s POV

 A couple of weeks have passed and everything seems back to normal. Well almost normal. The only thing different was that Dujun was around a lot more. Talking to Jae, occasionally walking with her, making her smile. Things I rather do alone… with him not over my shoulder, and I mean literally. Dujun was a pretty tall guy. I sighed to myself. (I need to drink more milk…)

“Yoseob” Jae snapped her fingers in front of my face. “Oh sorry” I said. “What are you thinking about?” she asked. (You) something I wanted to say but ended up saying. “Nothing”. Jae shrugged and went back to writing. We were partnered up together in class studying for our exams which have been going on all week. This time was normally free time where we could do what we want, but the teachers preferred us to do more studying during this time. So the classroom was a little more settled than normal. Jae let out a huge sigh. I smiled at her a little. “What’s wrong?” I asked. “I want to do something this weekend but Lee and umma and appa have me and Taeminnie on lockdown until exams are over” she said resting her head on her hand. “Whoa, really?” I said. Jae nodded and pouted. “We’ll be free next weekend…” she mumbled. I pinched her puffy cheeks “well you can wait can’t you?’ I smiled. Jae removed my hands with a frown. “Ne” she said rubbing her cheeks afterward.  The bell rang signaling for us to leave for lunch. We stood up, grabbed our lunch boxes and headed out the door….

Jae’s POV

Yoseob and I were on our way to lunch when Taylor stopped us with a “Hello!” I smiled and so did Yoseob. “Hey what’s up?” I said. “Unnie could you come with me to retrieve G.O. I think he might be hiding or something. I haven’t seen him at all today” she said. “Um sure” I nodded. I looked at Yoseob who just smiled and said he’ll see us in the cafeteria. I walked off with Taylor; she linked her arm with mine. We headed over to see if G.O was in his class. I didn’t really hear voices of students so I assumed a lot of them didn’t eat in their classroom. I opened the door anyway and my expression dropped at the sight before me. G.O was kissing some other girl. I took my eyes off G.O and looked at Taylor who just glared at him. Suddenly Taylor snapped trying to lunge at the girl but I grabbed her arm. “You told me you loved me!” she shouted at G.O who sat there speechless. “You told me...but you lied and went after a like her!” she continued to yell. I could see the tears rolling down her cheeks. I needed to get her out of here, so I started to push her a little toward the door. “But I do love you!” G.O shouted back. He got up and walked toward us but I shot him a glare that said “Just leave us alone”. “Obviously you don’t need me anymore” Taylor mumbled. She ran off, I stood there staring at G.O shaking my head at him. I had no words for what he just done. (How could he do that to her…?) I left the room after Taylor who ran to the nearest bathroom. “Unnie…” she hugged me. I hugged her back her hair. “I’m sorry…” I said to her….

After 5 minutes of crying her eyes out Taylor left me saying she just wanted to go back to class. She didn’t want to eat lunch today. I nodded understanding her very well and started to walk to the cafeteria. I think G.O just made the list of asses that needed to be kicked…

----------

The next day….

 

Yoseob’s POV

 

“Yoseob ah get up, are you really going to sleep so late” I heard my mother’s voice enter my room. I opened my eyes and sat up in bed a little. I rubbed my fingers through my hair and yawned. “Get up dear in do something, don’t sleep all day” she smiled. “Ne” I nodded and got out the bed. It was the weekend and I had no plans…A lot of other kids would’ve slept in all day but I figured I’d do that tomorrow…

I went to the bathroom to wash up. When I entered my room again I heard my cell phone ringing. “Yoboseyo” I answered. [“Yoseob?”] The voice said. “Ne, Zsuzsi noona” I smiled. [“Hi,”] I heard her laugh a little bit. [“I was wondering if you would like to come over and hang out with the girls and me”] she said. “Oh well-” before I could answer she cut me off. “My brother will be here too” she added. I smiled to myself. “Okay I’ll come” I said. [“Great see you when you get here”] she said and hung up the phone. I hung up too. It was nice of her to invite me over. I know Jae won’t be there, but I needed to bond with everyone else without her right? I grabbed my clothes and started to get dressed…

 

I arrived to Zsuzsi’s house 20 minutes later. I had to call her a few times since I got lost more than once. I approached the doorstep and knocked twice. I could hear the voices of the others girls in the background. “Is that Yoseob?” a voice asked. The door opened and Zsuzsi greeted me with a smile. “Annyong” she said. I bowed a little. “Annyong” I smiled. She held the door opened for me to enter. I slipped of my shoes at the door and looked around the house. It was big and very nice. “Everyone’s in here” Zsuzsi gestured for me to follow her. I nodded and followed behind her into another room, which I guess, was the living room. “Yoseob, hi” J noona greeted me. “Annyong noona, everyone” I said as I looked at the other girls. They all said greeted me back. “That’s my brother Junho” Zsuzsi said as she pointed over to a boy who was setting up a video game system near the TV. “Annyong” I said when the brown haired boy looked at me. He smiled, his eyes almost disappearing. “Hey, you wanna play?” he asked as he pointed to his game. “Oh sure” I nodded as I stepped over the girls who had hair products and nail polish all over the place. I sat down next to Junho who handed me a game controller. “Don’t cry when I win” he grinned. “Yeah right” I said laughed…

 

After beating Junho in 8 rounds of video games Zsuzsi brought us pizza. I told Junho I was taking a break and went to sit with the girls. “You know I was thinking about dying my hair…” Krysten said. “Really what color?” Jenny asked. “Not so sure yet” Krysten said putting her finger to her lips as she thought. “Well I’m awesome at dying hair just look what I did to my brother” Joanna said proudly. I remember seeing her younger brother Niel around. His hair was sort of blonde and purple…

I thought for a moment. I wanted to do something different with myself…but I never knew exactly what. “Yah” I said. Everyone looked at me. “What hair color do you think would look good on me?” I asked the girls. The stared at me for a moment. “Is this an open invitation to dye your hair…?” J noona asked giving me a weird grin. “Sure” I shrugged. “Alright Yoseob makeover!” Camila shouted. All the girls jumped up and started gathering things. I started to become a little nervous. (Maybe I should’ve kept my mouth closed?) Zsuzsi left the room and came back with a couple of different hair dyes. I was forced to sit in a chair now in the kitchen while they gathered around me. “Hm maybe red?” Krysten said rubbing her fingers through my hair. “Oh how about blue!?” May squealed. I scooted back in my seat. “Aniya!” I exclaimed. The girls laughed. “Oppa might look good with brown hair” Joy smiled. “I agree” Jameel nodded. Joanna entered the kitchen with an apron and pink gloves. “I know the perfect color” she smiled as she walked toward me…

 

Jae’s POV

I sighed as I sat at my little desk in the corner of my room. I had so many text books opened and paper everywhere. I didn’t want to be stuck in the house all day. But I had no choice. My parents were really big on me studying right now and passing all of my exams…

I knew all of my friends were having fun hanging out today. I got up and walked to my door. I peeked into the hallway. “Umma, appa!” I called. I didn’t get an answer. I heard music coming from Taemin’s room; I knew he was studying too. (Hmm maybe if I turn on my music and shut m door they would thinking I’m studying and that way I could sneak out for a little while…) I smiled to myself feeling good about the little plan I just thought of. I hurried and slipped on some clothes and grabbed my cell phone. Before I left my room I my little stereo. I shut the door behind me and quickly passed Taemin’s room. I tiptoed down stairs. “Umma? Appa?” I called out to the Lee’s but still didn’t get an answer. “Ha, I don’t even think they’re here” I said to myself. I was going to go out the back door near the kitchen. Suddenly Taemin appeared. “What are you doing?’ he said. I looked him up and down. He was fully dressed as well. “What are ‘you’ doing?’ I asked reversing the question. We stared at each other for a moment realizing they we had the same plan. We both nodded and walked toward the door. “Where do you two think you’re going?” we the husky voice of Lee appa behind us. Taemin and I turned around slowly. “Get back to your rooms” Lee umma said. (Damn...) Taemin and I both pouted…

 

Yoseob’s POV

I was a little impatient as I sat in the chair while J put the finishing touches on my hair. “Wow” Joy said in amazement.  I stared at the girls who all had smiles on their faces as they looked at me. “Yoseob ah you really stand out now” Zsuzsi smiled. J noona handed me a mirror. “Ta-da!’ she said. I looked at myself slowly moving my hands up to my hair. I look different. I was a blonde now…

“Aigoo you look really good” Jameel said. Everyone nodded. “K-kamsamnida” I smiled a little. “Oppa did you want to do this to impress a girl?” May asked. I felt my ears turning red at her question. “Well?” Camila asked. “Aniya” I said shaking my head quickly. (I don’t think I did it for her…it was more for me…)

But still…it would be nice if she likes it….

 

To be continued….