Ten

You're Beautiful...

No Yoseob pic ^^ This time it's Dujun kk ^^

 

Jae’s POV

“Noona time to get up!” I heard Taemin’s voice outside my door. Up?  I was already up and had been up for two hours already. Why? I really don’t know myself but all I can say is I can’t stop thinking about certain someone. “Noona” Taemin opened the door; he was surprised to see me sitting up in bed already. “Oh” he said. “Well it’s about time” he added as he crossed his arms. Usually I would yell at him by now and throw my pillow directly into his innocent face. But I didn’t feel like it this morning. I got out of bed gathered my toiletries and walked passed my brother without really saying a word. I did find myself smiling a little bit when he jumped as if I were going to hit him.

Now in the bathroom I the water in the sink letting it run until it got warm. I washed my face thoroughly and looked in the mirror. I looked at my hair. (I want to style it differently today…but I don’t know what to do to it…) I pouted.

 

After getting dressed in my uniform I put my hair into a side ponytail, something I didn’t do very often. I normally would wear my hair down, it was a comfortable style for me but today I felt like something different. Why? Why am I caring so much about how I look today? Who am I trying to impress?  I rubbed my forehead remembering being poked there. I then shook off the image of the guy who did it. This feeling I was having was a little frustrating and something I’m not use to. Grabbing my school bag and cell phone I headed down stairs for breakfast. “Good morning” I said in English to Lee umma who was just finishing setting the table. “Good morning” she smiled. “Where’s Lee appa?” I asked looking around. “Oh he got called into work early today so you’ll see him a little later” umma said. I sat down at the table and waited for Taemin. I wasn’t waiting for him so we could eat together; I was waiting for him to hand over the seaweed I knew he wasn’t going to eat. Taemin finally hurried down the stairs, greeted his mother and sat down at the table. Once he did I grabbed the seaweed that was in front of him and put it in my mouth. “Yah!” he yelled. “What you never eat it anyway” I said. “But I’m really hungry” he pouted. He turned to his mother. “Umma!” he whined. “Oh hush now Taemin, your sister’s right you never touch your seaweed” she said. Taemin continued to pout as he picked up his chopsticks. (Haha I win)

After eating Lee umma collected our dishes and handed us our lunches. “Alright have a wonderful day at school kids” she smiled. “Anhyong” I smiled back. “Anhyong” Taemin said as well. He locked the door after us, and as usual went to meet up with his friends to walk to school. I headed my own direction to meet Yoseob, I saw him sitting in front of Manchan’s playing with his cell phone. “Good morning!” I shouted which completely startled him. “Oh Jae, annyong” he smiled. I laughed a bit. “Did I scare you?” I asked his eyes were still a little wide. Yoseob scoffed and turned his head. “Of course not” he said. “Sure” I said pushing him lightly on the shoulder. We started walking. “Hey you should be getting your results back for your English test right?” I asked. “Ne” he said. “I know you passed a hundred percent, I mean of course you did with my teaching skills” I said. “Hey Jae…” Yoseob said. “Hm?” I responded. “I like your hair” he smiled as he tugged on my ponytail. “Yah Yang Yoseob Nuh chugulle!?” I frowned fixing my hair. He just laughed. “What made you decide to wear it up today?” he asked. “Molla” I said. “Dangshin eun-molla?” he asked. “Ne” I said.

I really didn’t know what to tell him if I didn’t know myself….

Yoseob shrugged. “Hey…” I started to speak again. “What is it?” he asked. “Never mind...” I said. (It’s weird to talk to your guy friend about another guy right?)

Once we stepped onto the school grounds someone grabbed me by the arm. “Yah!” I shouted. Reacting quickly with my reflexes I was about to hit whoever it was but they blocked the punch. It was Joon who stood staring at me. “Aish Lee Joon what do you want?” I sighed.  Yoseob stared at me a little concerned. I smiled at him letting him know I was okay. “I want you to tell Joanna to give me a chance that’s what” he said. I scoffed. “Why should I? So you can use her like the others girls?” I said crossing my arms over my chest. “What other girls?” (This guy can’t be serious!) “Minji, Amy, May Lin, Jessica, Victoria, Jun Hee Kahi-” Before I could finish the long list of 2nd year and 3rd year girls this guy has been with he cut me off with “Okay…”

“Jae, I’m different now” he said. “No you’re not” I mumbled looking away from him. “I am!” he yelled which cause others to look our way. Joon’s eyes seemed serious. I sighed again. “Well then if you’re so serious then prove it” I said with an evil grin. “What?” he said. “Delete all the girls’ numbers out of your phone” I smiled. I could hear him gulp. “Right now?” he asked. I frowned. “Okay” he said taking his cell phone out of his pocket. I watched him scroll and delete every girl’s number. “Happy now?’ he said as if he was about to cry. “Ne kamsamnida” I said walking back to Yoseob. “I’ll think about telling Joanna unnie” I smiled walking away. “Yah!” Joon yelled.

 

“That guy will never give up on her will he?” Yoseob asked. “I guess not” I said.

----------------

 

Yoseob and I were almost to our class room when we saw Camila talking to some guy. We weren’t going to be rude and interrupt her conversation but she noticed us and waved. “See you later Kiseop!” she waved to the boy as she walked toward us. He smiled at her and waved back. “Who was that?’ Yoseob asked. “Oh Lee Kiseop he’s from 2C” she smiled. “I see” I grinned as I nudged her in the arm. “Unnie!” she exclaimed. “What?” I said.

Yoseob sensing girl talk started to walk off. “Um I’ll see you later Camila” he smiled. I didn’t need to say goodbyes since we were in the same class. “Ah, Camila that boy was cute” I said. “Ne unnie, he is” she smiled. “So are you considering asking him to hang out or-” Camila cut me off with a sigh. “Molla” she said looking down. “Wae?” I asked. She took a minute to answer. “Is it because of Key?” I asked. “Ani!” she said. “Whatever you say” I smiled. Camila looked at her watch. “Oh the bell’s going to ring, see you at lunch unnie” she said hurrying off to her classroom. “Ne” I smiled. I started to walk to my own room when I heard someone yell. “Yah, its Jae!” I turned around surprised to hear my name and saw Hyunseung smiling. (This guy…) “Omo! Hyunseung what’s that on your face!” I exclaimed and gave him a horrified look. “What! What is it!?” he panicked. I walked closer to him and pinched his cheek. “Oh it’s nothing” I said as I stuck out my tongue. “Babo” “Very funny girl” he said tugging my hair before he walked off. I frowned trying to fix it again. Suddenly I felt another pull on my ponytail which made me mad. “Yah!” I yelled as I turned around. The culprit just smiled at me. “Ddeokbokki” Dujun said. “Ddeokbokki?” I repeated. “Yeah you owe me right? “So you can buy me dduboki” he grinned. “But” I said looking down at my feet now. Dujun patted me on my head and walked off. “Wait for me after school by the gate” he said. “But!” I said again not able to finish my sentence. He threw up a v sign. “But I don’t have any enough money…” I mumbled to myself…

 

  Yoseob’s POV

Jae walked into class right when the bell rung, her facial expression was a bit worried. (I wonder what happened.) Before I could visit her at her desk Mrs. Kwan walked in after her. “Good morning class let’s take role shall we” she smiled. “Ne” I responded along with the rest of the class. I looked back at Jae who was digging through her school bag. She started to take things out and put it on her desk. She seemed to be looking for something. Once all her items were out she shook her bag as if she was waiting for something to fall out of it. “Jae Lee Wy” Mrs. Kwan called. “Na yeoggiss-eo” Jae said. “Yang Yoseob” “Here” I replied. “Alright let’s get started with today’s lesson” Mrs. Kwan said as she closed her role book. I rolled my eyes and turned around completely in my seat….

--------------------

After what seemed like the longest 4 hours of lectures and constant reminders about next month’s exams we finally got the little free time before lunch. I left my seat and pulled up a chair next to Jae. “Annyong” I smiled. “Hi” she smiled. “Hey Yoseob…” she started to say. “Ne?” I said. “Do you have 2000 won?” she asked clasping her hands together and bowing her head a little. I laughed at her gesture. “Um sure, why?” I asked reaching into my pockets. Jae sighed and leaned her head on her hand. “You know that guy from the other day…?” she said. “What guy?” I asked. “Dujun” she said looking at me. “Oh...yeah” I said handing her the money. “Kamsamnida” she smiled. “What about Dujun?” I asked. I was curious. “Well he said since he ‘saved’ my life that I owe him one” she said. “What do you owe him?” I asked starting to fear the worst. I could only imagine what a guy would want…then again maybe my mind was in the gutter -___-

“Ddeokbokki” Jae said. “Ddeokbokki?” I repeated. She nodded. I felt relieved I mean this guy did hang out with Joon and Junhyung so…

“You know he hangs around Joon and Junhyung right?” I said hoping she would show some form of disgust. “Ne, I seen them” she responded. “He wants me to wait for him after school, so I could by him what he wants… you want to come with?” she asked. “Aniyo, kwenchanayo” (No, it’s okay) I smiled a little. “I promised umma that I’d come straight home after school and help her with the shop” I said. “Oh okay then” she said. I noticed a tiny girl peeking in our doorway. “Isn’t that Joy?” I asked Jae as I tapped her on the shoulder and pointed toward the door. “Ne, it is” she said getting up, I got up as well and we snuck into the hallway amongst other students who stood out there. “Annyong unnie, oppa?” Joy smiled. “What’s up kid?” I smiled. “Nothing I was bored and sunsaengnim said we could leave already” she said. “Oh” I said. “So unnie I heard that we’re going to norebang for your birthday” Joy said excitedly. “Ne” Jae nodded. “Really?” I asked. I didn’t hear about this. “Ne, mianhae I forgot to mention it to you, but you’re going to come right?” Jae said looking at me with hopeful eyes. “Of course” I smiled. (Why would I miss that special day…?)

Suddenly Eli from our class approached us. “Annyong Jae!” he said as he tugged on her ponytail. “You put your hair up today” he grinned. “What did I say about touching a black girl’s hair!” she yelled at him. I laughed but also wondered why I didn’t get the same reaction from her earlier. I smiled to myself. Well I know she likes me better…right? Eli smiled and said “Hey” to Joy who shyly said “Hi” to him. Jae looked at them back n forth and so did I. I sensed a bit of chemistry between the two and I think Jae did as well. “Hey pigeon this is my friend Yoseob” Jae introduced. (What do I need introduction for when we’re in the same class?) Then again no one pays me any attention but Jae. I sighed to myself a little. “Annyonghaseyo: I said with a quick bow. “Erm hey” Eli said. Jae stared at Joy with one eyebrow raised. Joy looked uncomfortable for some reason. I felt the need to lighten the mood. “Kyoung In” I smiled, she looked at me with her big eyes. “Why are you so shy all of a sudden?” I said with a little laugh. She tried to cover her face and Jae started laughing. “Pigeon you know Joy here always seems to be looking around for you?” Jae said nudging Joy with her elbow. “N-n-no I don’t!” Joy said running to some other guy.

“Aigoo, so adorable” Eli smiled. Jae and I stared at him. “Mworago?’ Jae said. “Aniya” Eli said walking away but she grabbed him quickly. She pulled Eli to the side to ask him something. The lunch bell started to ring and more kids poured out of their classrooms. Eli left Jae and we walked back into class to grab our lunches. “You eating with us?” she asked. “I’ll join you guys in a sec, first I have to check on something” I smiled. “Alright” she said leaving the room. I followed behind her but turned the opposite direction. I walked down the hall way and went out the side door that lead to my ‘spot’. I walked over to side wall and noticed that the flowers I planted were blooming rather nicely. (I know she’ll like these for her birthday) I would come back and water the flowers a bit later before I left for home.

I entered the school building again on my way to the cafeteria. Suddenly I bumped into someone; our arms brushing pass each other. I noticed Junhyung glaring at me. “You better stay out of my way next time” he said coldly as he walked away with some of his friends…

-------------------------------------

 

Jae’s POV

The time was 4:00PM, school was over. I started to feel nervous as I waited for Dujun near the school gate like he asked. I stood against the wall looking down at my shoes slightly fiddling with the handle of my bag. “Anhyong Jae” I heard some said as they passed me and waved goodbye. “Anhyong” I smiled to the girls from my class. I touched my hair to make sure that every strand was in place. After today I wasn’t planning on wearing my hair like this again since everyone had fun pulling it -___-

I looked at my watch; it was 4:04 now. Where is this kid?” I mumbled to myself. I watched as other students left for home. The chattering of voices started to die down. (I wish Yoseob would’ve come with, that way I wouldn’t feel like I was feeling right now…) I still didn’t understand why I was like this anyway. I mean I know and hang around a lot of other guys but I never feel this way when I’m about to meet them or anything…

More time passed and I still stood waiting. (!Aish what is taking this guy so long!?) I looked at my watch once more; it now read 4:17. My nerves were gone and now I was getting annoyed. (Forget it…) I was about to walk away when I heard a familiar voice. “Yah! You weren’t trying to get out of not buying me Ddeokbokki were you?” I turned to see Dujun with sort of a frown on his face. “Aniyo, Mianhamnida” I said with a bow. (Wait a minute…..why in the hell am I bowing when this jerk is late!?) “Why am I apologizing when you’re the late one!?” I exclaimed. Dujun started laughing at me as he approached closer. “Mianhae, I was called in by Coach Kim once I left class” he said as he patted me on the head. He started to walk and I followed beside him. “So…are you the captain of the soccer team?” I asked curiously. “Not exactly, I’m the co-captain” he said. “Oh I see” I said. “You play a sport?” he asked. “Ani” I said shaking my head. “Sports are not really my thing” I smiled a little. “Wae?’ he asked. “Molla” I said. “But soccer does seem interesting” I added. “Maybe I can teach you how to play?” he said. I looked at him. “Erm...sure” I nodded. “Your friend seems like he has a good chance in making the team” Dujun said. “Oh Yoseob!” I said. “Is that his name?’ he asked. “Ne” I responded. “Yeah coach was saying he has good potential but he’s still debating it though” “Oh, I really hope he makes the team” I said looking down. (I want Yoseob to bond more with the guys) “You two seem really close” Dujun said. “Ne, he’s like my best friend” I smiled. Dujun was silent for a moment then said “Well I hope we can become good friends” with a smile. I swear my heart skipped a beat.

“We’ll see…but don’t you have a lot of friends?” I asked. “I guess” he said rubbing his fingers through his hair. “I tend to hand out with everyone” he smiled. “Like Joon, Jiyong, and Junhyung?” I asked giving him a funny look. He laughed a little. “You must not get along with them?” he asked. “I like Jiyong the best I guess. Joon has his moments when he’s descent but Junhyung is a different story. I’ve never really clicked with him since I first got here” I said. “I do hang out with them, I’ve known them for a while but I’m not like them” he said. His words seemed honest. “Oh there’s the Ddeokbokki stand” I pointed across the street at the little stand set up on the corner. Dujun and I crossed the street quickly. “Annyonghaseyo” we bowed politely to the ajusshi preparing food. “One serving of Ddeokbokki please” I smiled. “Ne” he nodded. He fixed the order quickly and I paid him. “Kamsamnida” I bowed. “Kamsamnida” Dujun said.  Dujun started to eat while I stood beside him. “Mmm this is good!” he exclaimed. I stared at him feeling a little hungry, but I did owe him this so it wasn’t right for me to ask him for some. He looked at me out the corner of his eye and I turned my head away pretending to play with my cell phone. “Jae” he smiled. “Hmm?” I looked at him. “Ahh” he said opening his mouth wide. “Ahh?” I did the same action and he put a piece of Ddeokbokki in my mouth. It was so good but very hot! I fanned my mouth trying to cool it down while Dujun laughed at me. “Mianhae” he apologized. “Do you want some more?” he asked. I nodded “yes” I couldn’t resist this food. Dujun smiled and started to blow the next piece. He held it to my mouth and I took a bite. I then put my hand over my face a feeling embarrassed about him feeding me. He ate another piece as well, then his facial expression changed. I laughed, “Its hot right?” I smiled “Ne” he said. I continued to laugh at him…

I like this feeling when I’m with him….

But why do I feel a tiny bit guilty….?

To be continued…..