Eighteen

You're Beautiful...

I couldn’t stop the tears from rolling down my face that night…

I couldn’t avoid the pain I felt…

I guess this is what people would call heartbreak…

But I didn’t know I was in love to begin with

Was it love that I felt for her? If it was…

Then I should forget about it now…

Right?

No need to cry over something that was never mine

Someone who didn’t know how I started to feel about her

Someone who seems to be slipping away….

 

 

It’s been a week now….

Dujun has started waiting for Jae with me before we go to school. We had good conversation as we both waited for the girl who was equally important to us every morning. He was a nice guy, but I was too….

Jae seemed nervous and hesitant when she first told me that they were dating. I simply responded to her with “I know”. Of course she freaked out asking me how when I guess she thought she was covering it up pretty well. I never mentioned that I saw them kissing…I just told her I sensed it leaving her in awe of how good of a guesser I was.

The other girls seemed excited for her when they found out the news. They about how surprised they were that she was able to get a guy with her strong personality. Of course Jae just chased the girls around when the comments were made. They were happy for their friend and me…?

I hate to say I wasn’t like everyone else about the whole thing...

The bell rung for lunch which pulled me from my thoughts. “Yoseob, you coming?” Jae asked. She was in my face giving me a confused look. “Oh ne” I said finally standing up. I grabbed my lunch and we both headed out the door. “I’m so hungry!” Jae exclaimed. “That’s nothing new” I mumbled. “Yah” Jae said as she pushed me a little. “Jae yah!” we heard a familiar voice call. We turned around to see Dujun heading our direction. “I just remembered I have something to do” I said looking at her. “Oh…okay” she said. I walked off before Dujun got closer. When I turned to look back at Jae she was in his arms, him kissing her on the forehead…

I turned away again. I went outside first to take care of the new flowers that were growing. I still remembered the promise I made about growing her new ones. After watering them I cleaned my hands and sat down under my favorite tree to eat alone. It was nice out, a slight breeze blowing…

I remembered when Jae ate lunch with me out here. That was the day she apologized because she thought I was feeling ignored by her. That was also the day we got to know each other better. She talked about her home in the states, her old friends, things she likes to do…That was a good day for the both of us...

 

“What are you doing out here?” someone said as they approached me. I looked up from my food to see a girl looking down at me. It was the same girl I bumped into the other day. Min was her name.  “Yoseob right?” she smiled as she was about to sit down. “Wait, here” I said placing my jacket down for her to sit. “Kamsamnida” she smiled cutely. She sat down next to me. “So is this where you eat all the time?’ she asked. “Not really, well…I use to eat out here a lot. Then I started eating with my friend” I explained. “Your friend?” Min said. I nodded. “Did he not come to school today?” she asked. “It’s a girl and she’s here” I smiled a little. “Girlfriend?” Min asked. I shook my head quickly. “Ani…she has a boyfriend now” I said looking down a little. “Ah I see she’s a pretty girl right?” she smiled. I nodded. Jae was indeed a pretty girl. “So what are you doing out here?” I asked looking at her. Min put her finger to her lips. “Well I saw you sitting out here so I figured I’d come out too” she smiled. I felt my face getting warm, my heart fluttering a little bit. “Oh” I said turning my head away. Min sighed. “What’s wrong?” I asked. “Well…I forgot my lunch today” she said playing with her fingers. I smiled at her. “You want to share mine” I offered. “Really!?” she exclaimed. I laughed a little. “Ne, it’s no problem” I said. I picked up some food with my chopsticks but then realized that she could do herself. Before I could put them down again Min grabbed my hand a placed the chopsticks to her lips and took a bite. “Mm this is good” she smiled. I knew my cheeks were turning red a little. “Ahh” Min said as if she wanted me to feed her again. I just laughed at how silly she was being, I was about to give her kimchi but instead ate it myself. She gave me a cute pout. “No fair” she pushed me a little…

 

 

Jae’s POV

 

“See you later” I waved to the girls as Dujun and I left the cafeteria. He grabbed my hand and started to swing it like a little child. “I don’t want to go back to class” he sighed. “Me either” I frowned. “How about we skip the rest of school” he leaned into me. “Ani” I said shaking my head. Dujun shrugged “Fine, I will then” he said nonchalantly. “Yah Yoon Dun bug! You better not” I scolded him as I squeezed his hand. “Okay okay” he laughed. I smiled at him. “What happened to Yoseob at lunch?” he asked. “I don’t know he said he had something to do” I said. We were about to pass a window when I saw two figures sitting outside under that tree Yoseob liked. I stopped and so did Dujun. “What is it?” he said following my eyes to where I was looking. We both watched as Yoseob sat and talked with a cute short haired girl. They were smiling and laughing with each other. “Oh so he’s hanging out with Min huh?” Dujun said. “Min?” I repeated looking at him. “Ne she’s in my class” he said. I looked back at the two. (So he’s been hanging out with a girl this whole time….?)

 

To be continued…..