Five

You're Beautiful...

Yoseob's POV

Kamsamnida” Jae and I bowed to the ajusshi owner of Manchan’s before we left his store. “Ne, have a good day at school you two” he smiled. “Ne” Jae bowed once more as she grabbed the bag full of snacks we just purchased of the counter. “Wah! I’ve been craving for these for the last couple of days!” Jae exclaimed as she dug through the shopping bag. She pulled out quite a few items. “Wow that sure is a lot of pepero, are you really going to eat all of them?” I asked raising my eyebrow. “Of course, does that make me greedy?” she pouted. I turned my head away from her trying to hold in my laughter. “Eh, so what I can’t help I eat a lot!” she pushed me almost making me lose balance. I could see her frowning.

“Mianhae” I apologized giving her a cute smile that asked for forgiveness. She glanced at me, then back forward. “I don’t care” she smiled. “I’ll eat as much as I want” she said putting a strawberry pepero stick in . I smiled at her. “Hey Jae?” I started to ask. “What is it?” she said. “What was your favorite children’s song when you were little?” I asked. I was curious to know more things about my dear friend…

“Hmm” she looked up at the sky as she thought about the question. “Well I really liked the theme song to Sesame Street a lot when I was small” “Oh really? Sing it” I said. She stopped walking. “Wae?” she asked turning her head away. (Is she embarrassed?) “Oh come on” I pouted. Jae sighed and started back walking with me.

Sunny day… sweeping the clouds away” she began singing in English.

On my way to where the air is sweet

Can you tell me how to get,

How to get to Sesame Street

She then stopped singing. “How lame” she mumbled. “I laughed a little and clapped for her. “Not bad not bad at all” I said. “Okay now, what’s one of your favorite children songs?” she asked pointing one of her pepero sticks at me. “Me? Well..”

I stopped and started to sing.

Gom se mariga han jibe isseo” I started to do the dance to the 3 bears

song. Jae laughed and joined in too.

Appa gom eomma gom aegi gom

Appa gomeun ddoongddoong hae

Eomma gomeun nalsshin hae

Aegi gomeun nabul gwiyeowo

Eusseuk eusseuk cha rahn da!”

 

“Uh what are you two doing?” we heard someone ask. “We turned around to see Eli from class and some other guy staring at us as if we lost our minds. “Minding our business that’s what” Jae said smartly. “Whatever” Eli said and pushed passed us but before he could pass Jae completely he ruffled her hair. “Yah!” she shouted. “Good morning noona” the other guy said, he nodded to me and then walked passed us as well. “Good morning Dongwoon” Jae mumbled trying to fix her hair. I helped her brushing away some of her hair out her face. “Kamsamnida” she said.

“You must really not like that Eli guy?” I said. We started walking again the school a few steps ahead of us. “It’s not like I don’t like him” she said. “Just sometimes that bird can be bothersome” she added. “Oh bird?” I smiled and started to make a bird sound. Jae stared at me wide eyed. “Awesome!” she exclaimed. “But Eli is a pigeon” she smiled. “He makes this sound” she said and did some sort of funny coo. “Ah Daebak” I laughed.

We walked through the school gate finally stepping foot on campus. I looked at my watch. “Wow we’re a little earlier than normal” I said showing her the time. “Wow, only 7:50AM” she said. We entered the school building. Students were everywhere standing around and chatting amongst each other. Jae and I started to walk to our class. “Ugh, I hope Ms. Tang isn’t so boring today” Jae said. “Ne, but she’s always boring” I said. “Yeah you’re right” she nodded. “You know what I want?’ Jae said looking at me. “What?” I asked. “I waaant…” she said stretching out her words. “Dal Kalgusku (Chicken shreds in noodle soup)”  she smiled. I dropped my head when I realized what she wanted was food again. “Aish Jae do you ever stop thinking about food?” I asked. “Yes I do, when I’m not hungry” she said crossing her arms. I laughed at the silly girl. “You know my appa makes the best Dal Kalgusku in Seoul” I said with a grin. “Really!?” she exclaimed. “Ne you should stop by my family’s shop sometime and I’ll ask appa to make you a special batch” I smiled. “Oh wow!” she gave me a huge smile. “I will”. (At least she’s a friend I can introduce to umma…hopefully when that times comes umma won’t ask me about the rest of the friends I ‘don’t’ have…)

 

“Well looky here”  two guys suddenly approached us. I looked at Jae and saw that she was frowning now. Both of the guys wore their uniform incorrectly, one wore a cap turned to the side the other had on dark shades, and a  tooth pick stickling out of his mouth. A few girls were also behind them. “Jae ah, annyong” the guy with the shades smiled at Jae. “Annyong Junhyung” she said and tried to move passed him but he slammed his hand against the wall preventing her to leave. I didn’t like how things were going right now. “Where’s the respect for your elders” the one with the cap grinned. (They’re older?) I wondered. Jae gave them such an evil look and said “Annyong Junhyung oppa, Jiyong oppa” through her teeth. “Now move out our way” she added. She pulled on my sleeve and tried to move again but the guy she called Junhyung blocked her once more. “There there dongsaeng why so feisty” he smirked as he patted her head. Jae looked at the girls that were gathering around the boys. “Jiyong you shouldn’t have so many ‘groupies’ around when you’re dating my dongsaeng Greta y’know” she said glaring at the girls who just rolled their eyes. The guy Jiyong turned his head and scoffed. “And you Yong Junhyung if you’d like to have children in the future you’ll move now” she said with an ominous grin. I saw her draw her leg back as if she was ready to give this Junhyung guy a really swift kick in the you know where. But all the guy did was laugh. “Why so serious all the time?” he asked as he was about to touch her shoulder.

I blocked his hand before he could do so and glared at him. I didn’t like that he was bothering her. He stared at me through those dark shades of his.  “And who are you?” he said stepping forward removing the tooth pick from his mouth. “He’s my friend, now leave us alone and go to class for once” Jae said grabbing my hand and pushing past the two guys and girls. “I swear he gets on my nerves” Jae mumbled as she gripped my hand tighter. “Um” I started to say. She looked at me then down at our hands that were interlocked with each others. “Oh Mianhae” she said dropping my hand quickly. “Ah it’s okay” I said messaging my hand now. “You sure have a tight grip when you’re angry” I smiled. “Yeah sorry” she apologized again. “It’s just that Junhyung thinks he can bully whoever he wants. Him and his hold little group” she said. “I wish he’d realized that no one’s scared of him in the least bit….well some are but not this girl here” she said pointing her thumb at herself. I smiled at Jae. I liked that she was a little tough and didn’t let people walk all over her. Unlike me… I didn’t know what would’ve happened if she didn’t pull me away. I probably would’ve been destroyed big time by that Junhyung guy -___- (Maybe I should start lifting weights…?)

“So that Jiyong guy is dating a friend of yours?” I asked trying to get of the subject of Junhyung. “Yeah he is.” She said as we walked into our classroom. “Kwon Jiyong is his full name but he also goes by GD or G-dragon. He always has girls following him around, I mean they practically stalk the boy’s life.” Jae explained. (Wow he’s one of the lucky ones..-___-)

“He always says he’s not interested in the other girls…that he’s only interested in Greta, but he also never tells the other girls to go away..” she said. “I don’t get it” I said. “You and me both” she sighed taking  her seat. “Oh here take the other snacks you bought at Manchan’s” she said handing me the shopping bag to retrieve my items. I took them out and put them in my school bag. “Good morning class, let’s start roll call then today’s lesson” Mrs. Kwan said entering the room. “Ne” the rest of the class including Jae and I responded. I went to take my seat…

 -----------------------------------

 Jae's POV

“Lunch time!” Yoseob exclaimed as we left our classroom. He stretched his arms out with his lunch in one hand. “Favorite time of the day!” I exclaimed. We started to laugh a bit. “So Yoseob will you eat with me and the girls today?” I asked. “Well…” Yoseob said as he looked at the floor. I could understand why he was hesitant…he never really sat with a group of kids before…at least a group that was friendly to him. “Come on, I know they’ll love you once they get to know you” I said putting my hand on his shoulder. He nodded and gave me that wonderful smile of his. “You’re right” he said. “Okay” I smiled back.

“Yah!” someone yelled and tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to see Lee Joon and Seungho standing behind me. Seungho stood there in his grumpy pose; his arms across his chest his eyes avoiding mine. Joon had his usual crooked grin that always played across his lips. “Ne?” I said giving him a look that said I didn’t want to be bothered. “Jae yah have you seen Joanna?” Joon asked. I sighed and replied with “No, she didn’t come to school today”. (Lie) Joon rubbed his fingers through his brown hair and sighed himself. “You aren’t lying to me are you?” his voiced changed a little and his expression dropped. “Of course not oppa I would never lie to you” I said sarcastically as I batted my eyelashes at him. “Cute” he smirked. “Let me know when you see her” he said walking away. I scoffed and mumbled “As if”

Yoseob was staring at me with those puppy eyes of his. “What was that about?” he asked curiously. I put some of my hair behind my ear to get it out my face. “That was Lee Changsun better known as Joon” I said as we started walking again. “He supposedly likes my unnie Joanna” I added. “Supposedly?” he asked. “Ne, Joon likes all girls and probably has slept with just about all of them in SIH excluding me and my friends of course” I said. “He’s a player, huh?” Yoseob said. “Major” I said.

Lee Joon….

The guy that every girl thinks is perfect when they first lay eyes on him. He has a sweet smile, cute eyes… he’s athletic and definitely has the body to prove it. But most of them never realize the truth behind his godly appearance at first sight. They always find out the truth about Lee Joon the hard way.

After he lures the girls in he sleeps with them and the next day he’s moved on to another ignoring the previous girl’s feelings. Outside of school he was the worst…always getting into fights with the rest of his crew which included Junhyung and GD and a few other little henchmen. Seungho hung around them but he wasn’t the type to stay around for stuff like that…

“Jae!” I heard Zsuzsi calling my name was we entered the cafeteria. “Unnie annyong!” I smiled and waved. “Come on” I said to Yoseob as I grabbed his arm and lead him to the table full of friends. “Everyone this Yang Yoseob my classmate” I smiled as I introduce him. Yoseob bowed politely and said “A-annyong” J unnie smiled “Dear boy don’t be nervous” she said. “Yoseob that’s J and Zsuzsi. Hero & Joy you already met” I said pointing at Hero Hyun and Kyoung In who were stuffing their face with rice. “Annyong oppa” they waved to him. I could see Yoseob’s face turning a little red. (Wow I guess he’s never been around so many pretty girls)

 I continued on with intros. “This is Camila, Licelot, Jameel and Krysten” I added, then started to look around. “Okay where are the others?” I asked. Joy shrugged cutely. Suddenly we heard a loud “Yay!” coming from the right side of us. We saw a familiar friend hop on her boyfriend’s back and started to head our way. “Well there’s Taylor” I laughed. Taylor was one of our maknae along with Jenny. She dated a third year named G.O. Those two were sort of inseparable, I liked to call them thing 1 and thing 2. They were always full of laughs and getting into trouble. You would think that G.O would be more of a role model to his young girlfriend but he was just as mischievous as she was…which made them perfect for each other. “What’s up” G.O greeted us. “Hi unnies!” Taylor smiled. “G.O, Taylor this is Yoseob” I said introducing them. G.O grabbed Yoseob’s hand and shook it quickly. “Nice to meet you young man” he said using an ajusshi voice which earned laughs from the rest of us. Yoseob nodded. “So this is your little brother Jae” G.O smiled. Everyone laughed again, Yoseob didn’t know what to say. “G.O….last time I checked my little brother’s hair was an orange color

 -___-”

“Oh right, right” G.O laughed. “Mianhae” he said to Yoseob. “It’s okay” Yoseob smiled a little.

G.O soon carried Taylor off somewhere and Yoseob and I finally started to eat. Lee umma packed an awesome lunch for me today, Beef radish soup, egg roll and a lot of rice. The other girls talked but Yoseob didn’t say much. (I knew he’ll get use to being around everyone soon enough...) “Oh Choi Minho!” we heard Jameel call out. The tall handsome boy stopped at our table. “Minho ah where’s May today?” Zsuzsi asked. “Oh she’s in the class studying, she has an important quiz coming up” he said flashing that charming smile of his. “Oh she’s not eating?” Licelot asked. “I’m taking her a packed lunch now, then I’ll help her study” he said. “See you ladies later” he added as he walked off toward the class rooms. “Omo, May is so lucky to have a guy like that” Camila sighed. “I wish I had a guy” she added with a pout. “Well you have Kibum” Krysten nudged Camila’s arm. “Ew” Camila said turning her head. She wasn’t fooling anyone, deep down we knew she had some sort of feelings for Key. “Jagiya!” a familiar voice called out to our table. It was Dongwoon waving to Hero. “I’m going, you all later?” Hyun smiled. “Ne” we replied. “Another nice love to be envious about” Licelot sighed now. I knew she wished Jonghyun would stop being so clueless and ask her out already…

 

*SMACK!* a loud sound echoed through the cafeteria. Everyone turned their attention to what’s going on. “I hate you Shin Dongho!” we heard Jenny yell. We saw Dongho try to grab her arm but Jenny shoved him away running in the opposite direction. I was going to stand up when Joy and Krysten stopped me. “Unnie well go check on Jenny” Joy said. I nodded even though my intention at that time was to kick Dongho’s a*ss. “Can I have some of you egg roll?” Yoseob asked. “Ne” I nodded and slid the container over to him. “Hey girls!” Greta shouted as she approached us with her arm linked to Jiyong’s. We noticed Joon and Junhyung with them as well. “J unnie it’s Joon, hide quick!” Jameel said. Joanna unnie ducked under the table. “Yo” GD smiled. “Hi” I said. “Did I just see Joana here?” Joon asked looking at me. “Um no, you need glasses?” I said. He frowned.

That damn Joon was so persistent. I wish he would realize that J unnie would never fall for a guy like him. She likes guys like Lee Jinki or Onew as everyone called him. The sweet shy boy who loves chicken.

I saw Onew sitting with Junho and Hungry Hwang, Hwang Chansung. (Junho’s friend who like to eat) Junhyung cleared his throat as if he wanted to be spoken too but we ended up ignoring him. “See you later” GD kissed Greta. “Anhyong” she smiled at him sweetly. He along with Joon and Junhyung walked off. “Is he gone?” J unnie whispered. “Ne” Greta said and sat down.

Before Junhyung walked off completely I saw him glare at Yoseob, but Yoseob didn’t notice. That glare of his was one that made me feel uneasy…..I didn’t like it at all….

To be continued…

  

Yeah That was another long chapter ^^ Thanks for reading it!