Twenty One

You're Beautiful...

He didn’t tell me that he had a girlfriend

He didn’t tell me that they started dating…

I was surprised when May brought it up in conversation the other day

When she mentioned how cute of a couple Yoseob and Min were…

At that moment…when I found out, I was happy...

But I also felt upset…

Upset that he didn’t tell me…his best friend

Upset that I wasn’t the first to know…

But those reasons were the only reasons I was upset…right?

I hoped they were…

 

Jae’s POV

 

“Yo, Jae what are you doing for summer break?” Eli said hitting me on the head. “Yah!” I shouted elbowing him in the stomach as he stood next to me. I was sitting in my desk staring at the clock ready for the lunch bell to ring while everyone else talked. Yoseob was at his desk sleeping…he looked so much like a little kid when he slept…

“So” Eli said interrupting my thoughts. I sighed. “I don’t know, too much of nothing I guess” I said resting my head on my hand as my eyes shifted back toward the clock again. “You aren’t going home…to the States to visit?” he asked. “Ani” I shook my head. “I won’t visit home until we’ve graduated...” I said. “I might just stay” I mumbled. “What?” Eli asked trying to catch the last part of my sentence. “Nothing pigeon, now shoo” I pushed him along. “Alright, alright” he said, but before he completely left my side he made sure to ruffle my hair a bit. “Yah!” I swung at him but missed because of how quick he ran away. I fixed my hair, and looked at the clock for the third time. (Aish hurry up, I’m hungry!) My stomach was growling. I noticed Yoseob sitting up now and stretching. I stared at him. Sometimes it felt like I was looking at a stranger… we don’t talk as much as we use to and I guess it’s because we’re both dating…and don’t have time to walk together…or call each other as…This isn’t the first friendship I had that seemed to be fading…

Every morning now I don’t expect to see him…instead I see Dujun which is nice. But…

 

Yoseob’s POV

I woke up to the loud talking and laughing of my classmates. The bell still hadn’t rung yet. I looked at the note on my desk. It was from Min, I was reading it earlier before I fell asleep.  I sighed to myself we had been dating a couple of weeks now and still haven’t been out on an official date. I wanted to take her somewhere soon, somewhere fun… maybe an amusement park?

Amusement park….Lotte World…maybe

The first girl I ever spent time with there was Jae. I looked back at her; she was staring at the clock. The only time she watches the clock so intently is when she’s really hungry. I found myself laughing a little. Maybe I should go sit next to her. We haven’t spoken really since our phone conversation. The conversation where she cried saying how she wasn’t good enough, putting herself down…

The conversation where I told her otherwise, told her how great she was… how beautiful.

 Before I could stand up to make my approach to her the lunch bell started to ring. Everyone got up and started to leave the room. “Seobie!” I heard a familiar voice at the door. It was my girlfriend standing there waving. I looked back at Jae who had already left…

Min entered the room. “Jagi” she smiled as she placed her lips to mine. I smiled back. I enjoyed kissing her every time. “So where should we eat lunch today?” she asked as I wrapped my arm around her. “Maybe the cafeteria this time?” I said raising my eyebrow. “Okay” she smiled. We walked out of the classroom, our lunches in hand.

“Hold on I have to go to the restroom, see you there” Min said. “Ne” I smiled taking her lunch. I watched her hurry down the hall way…

 

Jae’s POV

I had just come out the bathroom stall ready to wash my hands. I saw three girls standing at the sinks talking and laughing. And to my surprise one of them was Min. (Aish…)

I lathered my hands with soap and turn on the water. I felt one of the girl’s eyes on me but I ignored her. (Maybe I should say something to her…I don’t want to be completely rude and walk past her without acknowledgement. If I do she’ll probably think I didn’t like her…and tell Yoseob…)

I turned the water off and grabbed a paper towel drying my hands. I threw it away and turned to the girls. “Min, Annyong” I smiled. She wasn’t facing me at first but she turned around as well. “Oh Jae, hi” she smiled. I contemplated what I was going to say next....

He doesn’t know I know but…

“I just wanted to say you and Yoseob look great together…take care of him and treat him well ne?” I bowed a little, still with a smile. “Ne” she nodded. I started to walk past her and her friends but before I could make it all the way out the door she said something else…

“I’ll take care of him, better than you did”

At that remark I looked over my shoulder, Min was smiling but it wasn’t the same friendly smile she gave me only moments ago… it was a smile that seemed so fake, her friends just stared at me.

At that moment I couldn’t respond and I just left pretending I didn’t hear her…

As I walked down the hall her words played in my thoughts. It was the way she said it which bothered me…What did she mean by “Better than you did…?” I didn’t understand.

---

In the cafeteria everyone had interesting & exciting conversation, even Dujun…and I wasn’t a part of it. I was too busy thinking about Min. I shifted my eyes down the table where she talked with J unnie and the other girls laughing away at the jokes being said. Yoseob had his arm around her waist as they sat…

There was something about her that didn’t seem right to me now…

Just by that comment of hers I sense something different from this girl…

The more I thought about what she said…the more I started not to like her…

To be continued…. 

 

Hmm I don't like this chapter too much. (I don't know I never really like most of my writing in general haha) But thanks to all of you who are reading this. And your comments motivate me to keep it up. The next chapters I'll be skipping around in months. I don't want to continue the story slowly day by day so I hope you don't mind. I'm also trying to predict when it will end. ^^ I never expected it to be this long so sooner or later ~