Three

You're Beautiful...

On the other site I post this story on it's actually part 2 of chapter two, but here I guess it counts as chapter three so here it goes ^^

 

More time passed in class 3B. After our homeroom teacher Mrs. Kwan’s class was over Mr. Namgung came in and taught Korean language and literature, then it was Ms. Tang for social studies. Our teachers seemed really tough today not letting us have a moment of free time yet. I yawned to myself and looked at Yoseob again. I was getting tired like I always do when Ms. Tang taught and I couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer. (I will talk to Yoseob at lunch….)

 

---------

“Yah! Jae wake up its lunch time” I heard a voice hovering over me. I opened my eyes slowly to see Zsuzsi looking down at me with a smile. “Ne” I mumbled and sat up. I grabbed my lunch Lee umma packed for me and we left the classroom. My friends and I normally ate in the cafeteria since it was so many of us. We never ate the cafeteria food though… no one did unless they forgot to bring a lunch themselves...

The food was just that bad…

 

Zsuzsi and I sat at our usual table and waited for the others to arrive. “Annyong” we heard the voices of Joy and Hero approaching. “Annyong” Zsuzsi smiled. “S’up” I said. Everyone else started to gather. “Has anyone seen J unnie?” Joy asked. Of course anybody would say that I’m right here…but I wasn’t the “J” Joy was asking about. She was asking about our dear friend Joanna. “Nope I haven’t seen her all day” Zsuzsi said. “Yeah I think she didn’t come” Hero said using her chopsticks to take a piece of my egg roll. I noticed Joy staring off in the distance while she ate. I nudged Zsuzsi pointing at Kyoung In. Zsuzsi smiled. “So Joy who are you staring at?” she asked. Joy looked surprised at the question. “Oh no one unnie” she said looking down at her food now as she ate. “Liar” Hero mumbled. “Hyun!” Joy exclaimed. I knew Hero knew something we didn’t know. “Spill it” I said. Joy’s face started to flush. “She’s been looking at that guy over there the whole time” Hero blurted out nonchalantly as she pointed across the cafeteria to a guy I knew all too well. “Pigeon!” I exclaimed. A few other students including Eli looked at me. I turned my head back to Joy and grinned. “I knew it!” I tried to whisper now. “Unnie… I don’t like him” she said avoiding my eyes. “Liar” Hero mumbled again. “Aw dongsaeng is it love?” Zsuzsi giggled. “I swear it is, love at first sight” I teased.
“Stop it” Joy said sort of embarrassed. Suddenly I felt some one ruffling my hair. “Yah!” I turned around to see the bird himself grinning at me. “Elison Kim Kyoung Jae! You brat!” I shouted. “Why’d you call my full name” his expression changed. “Oh I’m so sorry ‘Elison’” I said putting much emphasis on his first name. The girls just laughed even Joy. Eli ruffled my hair again. “You want to die!” I snapped. “Don’t you know not to put your hands in a black girl’s hair” I growled. He started to walk away throwing up the “V” sign as he laughed. “And that’s the guy you like” I said turning back to Joy again. All she did was blush.

“Hello ladies” a guy sat down at our table. We ignored him for fun. He scoffed. “Hey don’t you know who I am!?” he slammed his hands on the table. We knew well who he was but continued to ignore him anyway. “I’m Kim ‘freaking’ Kibum!” he shouted as if he wanted attention. “And you’re nobody important another voice said sitting down. That sweet voice belonged to Camila another friend of ours. “Sorry I’m late” she smiled. Kibum better known as Key scoffed again. “No one asked you” he mumbled. “I laughed a little at his frowning face. “Come on Key you know we love you” I said. Zsuzsi nodded but Camila had a disgusted look on her face. “I don’t” she said. Key stared at her. “And I hate you too” he said grabbing one Camila’s Ggul tteok (It’s a type of rice cake) and running off. “Yah! Kim Kibum get back here!” Camila got up quickly chasing after him. “I don’t understand why they don’t just date already” Hero sighed. The rest of us nodded in agreement. Key and Camila have always been the way they are. Camila is from San Diego, California. Her family here was the Kan family. They owned a little flower shop which Camila likes to help out at from time to time. She and Key developed a love hate relationship ever since they first met around two years ago. The same time just about all of arrived in South Korea. Those too were constantly teasing each other and talking about each other. Sometimes they would get along, but only when they were teaming up on someone else. The two were quite the comedic pair together and everyone thinks they should just date.
 

There was about 15 minutes left in our lunch break and I remembered something…or rather someone. I started to pack up the rest of my lunch. “Where are you going?” Zsuzsi asked. “Oh I forgot I have to find someone” I said and hurried off. I headed back toward my class to see if Yoseob was there. He wasn’t, just a few other students were eating and the bird called “Eli” was there with the rest of his flock. (Where could he be?) I wondered. As I walked down the hall thinking of all other possible places that he would eat. I stopped at a window and looked at the sky it was nice outside…

I noticed the person I was looking for sitting under one of the trees eating alone. “Yoseob” I said out loud. I realized he couldn’t hear me so I hurried out the side door to meet him. I felt a little nervous, not sure if he was upset with me or not. I mean earlier when we were walking to school together, Hero and Joy came along and because he was so quiet we completely forgot he was there…he probably felt ignored...

“Yoseob?” I said his name as I approached him. He looked up at me; he had a little rice on the corner of his mouth. I ignored that for a moment and bowed. “Mianhae” I said. “Eh? What are you apologizing for?” he asked. I looked at his confused face. “Well earlier when we were walking with my friends. We didn’t say much to you…and I kind of forgot you were there...” I said not wanting to look at him directly as I said this. “Oh, don’t worry I’m used to it” he said. I was a bit surprised. He was now looking elsewhere with sort of a smile on his face. I felt even worse when he said those words. (He’s use to people ignoring him…doesn’t that hurt?) I guess he noticed my down expression because then he said. “Jae ah, it’s okay. Don’t feel bad” with a smile. I nodded. “Ne” I said lowly.

“Do you always eat out here...?” (Alone) I asked. He nodded. “Isn’t it nice out” he said. “Ne” I smiled a little. The March weather was pretty good right now. It wasn’t too cold or too hot. “And my favorite spot is right under this tree”. He pointed up. I started to sit down “Wait use my jacket” he said quickly laying it on the ground. “But-” I started to say but Yoseob cut me off. “It’s alright”.

I sat down next to him and unpacked the rest of my lunch. He continued eating. “Yoseob” I said. “Yeah” he said. I smiled at him wanting to laugh… “You have a little rice right there” I pointed to my face to show him where. “Ah Kamsamnida” he smiled….

 

To be continued….